Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Anyway, didn't see it mentioned here but Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder got into a row in front of the IFL cameras the day of the Joshua vs Klitschko weigh in...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWEi0Lakf8E

I'm no Bellew fan, can't stand the twat, but I'll actually be rooting for him if this fight happens. Who's that little knob as well who carries it on after Wilder's gone? "I'LL FIGHT YOU IN THE STREET. YOU DON' KNOW ME BWOI". Fucking idiot. 

Why aren't videos embedding anymore? 

Bellew/Wilder both knew what they were doing, some salesman at work there.

Wilder himself comes off as a great guy away from the showbiz aspect of the sport, when he's interviewed in a quiet environment he's super likable, he just turns up the heat when there's people around.

What do you think they actually do with Bellew now? Cruiserweight has to be off the table. A Haye rematch has gone off the boil but as soon as Haye's foot is closer to healing i expect that to the heat back up. Bellew/Wilder is logical but id say they go Joshua/Wilder before that if they get chance. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Danny Williams vs Matt Skelton

Michael Sprott vs Audley Harrison

Audley Harrison vs Matt Skelton

Danny Williams vs Michael Sprott

Audley Harrison vs Danny Williams

Matt Skelton vs Michael Sprott should all be in there.

Those four in their primes would have Joshua crying for his mummy. Four true heavyweight titans and the finest British boxers of all time.

Lacking some Martin Rogan for me.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I don't mind Wilder. I'd just love to see what his gang of hangers on would say if he lost to fucking Bellew who's not even a proper heavyweight.

And Bellew's point was a good one, to be fair. Something like;

'I've got a better name on my record in 1 heavyweight fight than he does in nearly 40". 

I still think he'd get fucked up by Wilder. And I still think that as much as he deserved credit for the Haye win, people were overdoing it a bit given the circumstances with Haye's injury and stuff. But I can see Wilder vs Bellew ending up happening just based off them both hyping it up as something better than it actually is. 

• Paid Members

well, the fallout continues from last week's fight...which means another huge fight is sneaking up in the shadows of it. Canelo/Chavez Jr. is this weekend. It won't seem a huge deal in this country but for Mexicans and the boxing hardcore it's a big one. I like most people feel Canelo smashed through Chavez who apparently is struggling badly with the weight, as he usually does.

There's a lot of backstory behind this one so it's worth digging into. Interestingly, the young brother of Chavez Jr. and the older brother of Canelo fought last weekend, resulting in this classic photo of Sr. looking very happy:

chavez-sr-zanfer.jpg

Some hype knocking about though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HsXx8M5KaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5u09nDPak

• Paid Members

Chavez Sr doesn't look like someone who was at one point one of the best fighters on the planet with a near 100-0 record, does he? Every time I see him I think that. He looks a bit like Lee Evans there for fuck's sake. 

Just a heads up.

Joseph Parker's WBO Heavyweight title defence against Razvan Cojanu will be shown live on SKY Sports at 11am Saturday morning. Hughie Fury was pencilled in to fight Parker initially - and the fight was scheduled to be on Boxnation - but with Hughie pulling out with a back injury they've switched it to Sky.

On 04/05/2017 at 11:17 PM, jimufctna24 said:

Just a heads up.

Joseph Parker's WBO Heavyweight title defence against Razvan Cojanu will be shown live on SKY Sports at 11am Saturday morning. Hughie Fury was pencilled in to fight Parker initially - and the fight was scheduled to be on Boxnation - but with Hughie pulling out with a back injury they've switched it to Sky.

Good heads up thanks.

Canelo made Chavez look silly. I expected Canelo to win handily, but not quite that easily. Barry Jones giving Chavez the 9th round seemed generous, most others scored it a shutout - including the judges.

GGG vs Canelo next. It will be the biggest boxing bout in the States since Floyd vs Pac. I haven't the foggiest who's going to win.