Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Sorry if this has been answered, but any clue what time the main event starts? Was planning on watching Guardians 2 tomorrow night, want to make sure I get in on time.

It will be interesting to see how the fight plays out, particularly if Klitschko manages to drag it past the first 6 wand mentioned. Obviously, the boy is a specimen, but I'm interested to see what Joshua's noticeable mass increase will do to his cardio - probably nowt, mind.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but any clue what time the main event starts? Was planning on watching Guardians 2 tomorrow night, want to make sure I get in on time.

It will be interesting to see how the fight plays out, particularly if Klitschko manages to drag it past the first 6 wand mentioned. Obviously, the boy is a specimen, but I'm interested to see what Joshua's noticeable mass increase will do to his cardio - probably nowt, mind.

Hopefully we'll get some answers on Joshua and it will be a real test because you can't tell much from fights when it's just one bloke smashing another to bits quick all the time. He did show in the Whyte fight that his power still carries through to the mid-later rounds, what round did that end in, 8 or 9 wasn't it? But still, Wlad is a completely different type of fighter to Dillian Whyte so Joshua being able to maintain his power later in the fight against Whyte doesn't necessarily mean he'll be able to do the same with Klitschko. 

I won't be massively shocked if Klitschko ends the party. We just don't have enough data on AJ yet. But I am expecting a Joshua KO. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Joshua still carried power but for 3-4 rounds in the Whyte fight he looked spent, i rememeber thinking about round 3 that he was gonna lose, both guys looked bad for a spell, it just got forgotten about because AJ ended up winning in spectacular fashion. Both guys were spent after a frantic start, if Joshua gets excited tomorrow and starts blowing Klitschko takes him apart.

• Paid Members

Could happen. But the flipside is if Joshua gets excited Klitschko might not be vertical long enough to be able to capitalise on Joshua's knackeredness. 

At least there's a question with this one though. A lot of the guys he's fought it's just seemed like a formality. Klitschko knows all the tricks so it'll be interesting to see what he can do. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Tactics wise after seeing the weights of these two it looks like Wlad is going to fight on the back foot using the jab and maybe try and take AJ into the later rounds. Wlad looks in supreme condition, athletic, while AJ looks muscle bound. I think AJ will go for the early KO while Klitchko will be looking to keep out of harms way early and take over late. 

Adam Booth said when Haye fought Klitchko the best thing about him was his foot movement, so if he still has the legs and survives the early rounds it could be interesting. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Could happen. But the flipside is if Joshua gets excited Klitschko might not be vertical long enough to be able to capitalise on Joshua's knackeredness. 

That definitely could happen, but AJ other than the Whyte fight has tended to fight very calculated himself. If Joshua does buck the trend and go forward Wlad. has proven himself a master of tieing up and stifling offence. Klitschko is gonna win.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

got a little 3 fight acca on.

Campbell/Perez to go the distance, Taylor by TKO, Klitschko to win. ÂŁ5 returns ÂŁ52...think i would have gotten better odds on Wlad. if i'd put it on today, ahhh well.

Here we go...

38 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Just saw a stat. Joshua is 27 years old, Klitschko has been boxing for 27 years. I love pointless shit like that. 

Isn't there one like Klitschko has knocked out more people than Joshua has fought rounds?

• Paid Members

That's probably true as well. It's a real clash of old school vs new breed. 

I'm torn because as much as I'm a fan of Joshua and want him to win, I like Klitschko as well. Not so much in boxing style but he's a class act and it would be kind of cool to see him beat a dangerous young unbeaten KO artist like Joshua. Obviously joshua winning is better for the future of the division but if AJ's going to lose I'd much rather it be to a guy like Klitschko than a 7ft shithead like Fury,