Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeh i follow Rummeys corner, he posts some great stuff.

Good fight last night, GGG looked out of sorts for long periods, ive never seen him appear so cautious in there and reluctant to let his hands go. The size difference played a huge factor in how the fight played out.

As wand pointed out, the co-main event was an epic. Max Kellerman probably cried himself to sleep with Gonzalez losing.

• Paid Members

Buncey wasn't very happy with the snide way Kellerman interviewed Runvisai afterwards, and he had a point as well. Kellerman's question was something like "How does it feel to have beaten, (pause) got the decision over Chocalito" Bunce was correct. Ask a snide question like that to Tony Bellew and see what reaction you get. It was a hell of a fight, none of the headbutts looked deliberate and both of them gave everything they had. You couldn't ask for more out of a fight and Kellerman was out of order.

• Paid Members

Kellerman has a boner for Chocolatito. When the decision was read, there was a pause before Kellerman said something like "shocking". During the actual bout he pro Gonzales too. It's kind of how HBO's commentary works though, Kellerman even mentioned during fight that Lederman was scoring the fight, he was telling the story of the fight.

There has to be a rematch.

• Paid Members

A rematch would be fantastic. I didn't see the HBO commentary version. I had to put up with John Rawling.

I avoid Boxnation as much as i can for international shows because i dont like the commentary.

HBO's team can be annoying but having their presence always makes events feel special. They lack the emotion of other teams though like Showtimes (which is the best in the game).

• Paid Members

Buncey has hated Kellerman for years.

m

Yeah. This is from all the way back in the Setanta days and he's still having a pop at Kellerman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=oYjcEH1MylQ

Bunce isn't without faults and he's a right irritating bastard at times but I cannot stomach Kellerman so I'm siding with Bunce every time where these two are concerned.

• Paid Members

Yeah he was being a sarcastic knob while interviewing Sergei Kovalev after a fight a while back. Kind of taking the piss out of Kovalev's English. He's lucky Kovalev's a good bloke who probably didn't even pick up on his wankery. Imagine him trying that shit with a grumpy Nigel Benn in the early 90s? He's a proper dickhead, Kellerman. I don't even think he's all that good a commentator myself either. I wouldn't miss him if he disappeared down a ditch or something. I miss Emanuel Steward on commentary. I didn't agree with him 100% of the time but I always liked him and I associate his voice with the Gatti-Ward trilogy so I'll always have a soft spot for him. He was miles better than fuckface Kellerman and didn't seem like an arrogant cock despite having a lot more to be arrogant about.

• Paid Members

9FC5CD58-7D02-4F81-9DC8-224402D19B9F-615

This Saturday on Sky. I'm a little gutted i wont get to see it live as im in Cardiff for a Ghost show but this should be a good one. I'm not fancying Crolla's chances, the first fight was competitive but Linares' class ultimately shone through, can't see past Linares winning more comprehensively this time though. Still, you can't look past Anthony Crolla pulling it off, the guy loves to defy the odds.

Hoping Linares brings his missus too.

• Paid Members

Just watched an IFL interview with Billy Joe Saunders where he calls Canelo a "little ginger faggot" and says Golovkin is a "fucking minge".

Class act as always. He does backtrack on the Golovkin thing but he just always comes off as a complete fucking helmet in these interviews, doesn't he? I honestly don't get how anyone could watch one of these and come out of it liking him. Just seems like a horrible little tosser. I hope Golovkin does fight him next. GGG vs Canelo is clearly THE fight but I really want to see Golovkin take this prick to school.

Edited by wandshogun09

I didn't expect Crolla to beat Linares, but I also didn't expect him to get lit up like he did. I gave Crolla 3 rounds at the very most. It was a slaughter from round 2 onward. 

Just watched an IFL interview with Billy Joe Saunders where he calls Canelo a "little ginger faggot" and says Golovkin is a "fucking minge".

Class act as always. He does backtrack on the Golovkin thing but he just always comes off as a complete fucking helmet in these interviews, doesn't he? I honestly don't get how anyone could watch one of these and come out of it liking him. Just seems like a horrible little tosser. I hope Golovkin does fight him next. GGG vs Canelo is clearly THE fight but I really want to see Golovkin take this prick to school.

I saw the title of that video, which contained the "fucking minge" insult. I couldn't be arsed watching it. It's same old shite with him. However, I would like to see him get is comeuppance. Golovkin comes across as a decent bloke, so it would be great on all front if he's the one to give BJS a beating. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

BT Sport's live boxing coverage starts properly on Saturday night. They're showing Terry Flanagan's fight against Petrov, Liam Smith vs Liam Williams and Nicola Adams pro debut. 

Starts at 8:30pm on BT Sports 1. Box Nation's showing undercard fights from the same bill from 5:30pm as well. 

Is Liam Williams anygood? Smith is 6/5 and Williams evens. Thats very close odds for a boxing match. From all accounts it should be a FOTY candidate. Ive seen most of Smiths fights but none of Williams. 

Rumours that Linares will be back over to fight Flanagan if Flanagan does the job.

Saw a nice pic of BJS with a "GGG is a pussy Borat" t-shirt on, think he tweeted it GGG, what a nob. Just read a quote from Warren that Golovkin is saying he is injured, despite BJS already signing to fight him and them paying step aside money to an opponent. Guess team GGG are waiting for the outcome of Canelo/Chavez.

Edited by Porkchopcash