Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

See I love IFL and I've watched a bunch of Bellew's interviews but they haven't made him any more likeable to me at all. Just seems like the type of twat who absolutely loves the sound of his own voice.

Plus, while he does hammer it home a bit too much, he clearly loves his kids.

I've no doubt he loves his kids but you shouldn't get plaudits for that. You're supposed to love your kids. I'm not going to root for him on that basis.

Yeah. Fuck him.

Each to their own then.

#teambomber

Thurman vs Garica for the WBA/WBC titles at 147lbs tomorrow night is the fight for me. Both carry power, undefeated, the styles of both  fighters should hopefully gel and we get a fantastic showing. At a pick I gotta go with Thurman in a hard, close points decision.

• Paid Members

One thing I have learned in the build up to the Haye/Bellew fight is that Bellew is mixed race. I watched the first episode of behind the ropes where Bellew was with his kids and it registered in my mind that the middle one looked a bit more and I can't think of any other way to put this, cocoa than the other 2. I just assumed he had the bravest milkman this side of the Gaza Strip. Then Haye claimed that the Scouters racially abused him at the presser the other day. On IFL Bellew said, that that was bollocks because they all knew he was mixed race and that his mum was blacker than Haye. It never occurred to me Bellew was mixed race.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

That's brilliant.

• Paid Members

Thurman vs Garica for the WBA/WBC titles at 147lbs tomorrow night is the fight for me. Both carry power, undefeated, the styles of both fighters should hopefully gel and we get a fantastic showing. At a pick I gotta go with Thurman in a hard, close points decision.

Yeh massive fight, just feels like its been swept aside a little with what else is going on. It's the first 147lb unification fight in over 20 years or something.

Garcia is one of those who can seem to up his game when in with a live opponent. I can see it going all the way and being close. Had a double on a Derry Matthews win and Garcia/Thurman draw at 104-1.

Garcias performance against Mattysse really changed my opinion off him. Although Thurman is not as one dimensenial as Mattysse i could see Garcia gradually coming into the fight in the second half and taking over. Since Thurman has fought better opponents his power hasnt been the same.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

Haye's continuous distasteful comments going in are baffling me. I love a bit of fight hype and banter but Haye was almost in-directly saying that he's gonna kill Tony Bellew tonight in his post weigh-in interviews. It's all abit wrong.

• Paid Members

Yeh given the tragedies that can happen in the sport you'd think Haye would reel it in abit.

The 'hit by a train stuff' as well was all in bad taste as its a bit of a sore subject in the boxing community given that Dean Powell committed suicide by jumping in front of a train a couple of years ago. Probably didn't cross Haye's mind but he needs to picks his approach a bit better.

• Paid Members

Garcia vs Thurman is a brilliant fight. Can't wait for that. This weekend's got a bit of everything if you're a fight fan.

Box Nation's got some good stuff coming up;

Garcia vs Thurman tonight

Golovkin vs Jacobs - Mar 18th

Canelo vs Chavez Jr - May 6th

They'll probably get Pacquiao vs Khan as well. Nice timing with it falling under the BT banner now. Between all this plus Haye vs Bellew tonight and Joshua vs Klitschko next month, the next few months are looking good.

Well then.

Bit of an upset that one hey?

In a sense but as soon as Haye's leg buckled it was inevitable.

Credit to Haye though. He kept coming out but didn't quite pull off the Austin WM13 turn.