Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

No chance. I would like to watch it for the intrugue of the David Price fight, but wouldnt pay for it as i want it to flop and get back on One of the other channels i have.

The Selby fight is now off. His opponent did not meet licensing conditions?

Edited by Porkchopcash

I really wanted Frampton to win, but I can't argue with the verdict. If you were very kind, you could have scored it a draw, but you would struggle to make an argument that Frampton outright won.

The Mikey Garcia knockout was scary. One of those that makes you think the worst right away.

Top fight, bit more tactical than the first, Cruz fought to his strengths. Two nice interviews afterwards, very refreshing. Frampton deserves all the plaudits he gets. I really hope they do a third in Belfast, would be mental. Frampton shows you don't have to be a fuckwit in boxing to make yourself a star.

Yeh brutal knockout before.

I forwarded the Mayweather interview but my mate said that Mayweather said the Mcgregir fight should happen?

• Paid Members

I had Santa Cruz winning probably 10 of the 12 rounds, thought he was beating Frampton everywhere on a consistent basis, even when Frampton tried to drag it into a bit of a war Santa Cruz got the better of the exchanges. A trilogy fight is a shoe in surely.

Mikey Garcia KO was brutal.

It would have worked as a standard TV card. David Price looks like he's done as a World Title contender. His gas tank failed him once again. His fight was still an entertaining slugfest though. In addition, Ryder vs Etches was a decent enough scrap. The main event showcased Eubank Jr's ability, and probably made him look better than he actually is. There was a lot to enjoy on the show from an in-ring perspective. It was just punching above its weight in terms of its status (PPV event)

• Paid Members

Saw a spoiler when i woke up so i haven't seen it. Went as expected though, Quinlan putting up some resistence at least allowed Eubank to showcase his skills.

I just saw the David Price collapse on youtube, the guy simply falls apart in fights. He was re-building nicely but that has to be it for him now.

A mate of mine watched the event on facebook live stream, during the main event there were over 100,000 people watching it, ouch.

It would have worked as a standard TV card. David Price looks like he's done as a World Title contender. His gas tank failed him once again. His fight was still an entertaining slugfest though. In addition, Ryder vs Etches was a decent enough scrap. The main event showcased Eubank Jr's ability, and probably made him look better than he actually is. There was a lot to enjoy on the show from an in-ring perspective. It was just punching above its weight in terms of its status (PPV event)

He's never been a world title contender, maybe in his own head. He's fought for European titles and got schooled at every fight. It's barmy to think, if he beat Hammer he was lobbying for a world title match.

He's got no stamina (how can you be tired after 3 rounds), he's got no heart & he has no defence. Flapping about, trying to tie up his opponent isn't going to stop them. He was bigger and taller than Hammer and Hammer's pushing him around the ring, backing him up to the ropes where he just stood square footed. Price is supposed to be a nice bloke, he should just give it up if he isn't content with fighting at domestic level. Otherwise he's going to get hurt

• Paid Members

i think Price got a fake sense of confidence after finding out that the two guys that beat him got popped for steroids. Price just doesn't have what it takes, with his physical gifts and his skills he could have been a real contender but he just lacks certain attributes a top fighter needs.

• Paid Members

Yeh its great, even rival promoters like Hearn & Warren seem are unified in their dislike of Eubank Sr. it's a soap operaml.

Kell Brook/Errol Spence has been set for May in Sheffield, excellent fight.