Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I'm not sure if it was set-up, but I think Briggs knows what he's doing. When Wlad pours water over his head, Briggs knocks stuff off the table, rather than going for Wlad directly, which allowed people to jump in and hold him back and still create a scene. 

• Paid Members

Briggs is mad, but he's insanely likeable. Rogan is right too, when having a rotter of a day Briggs' instagram never fails to elevate the mood.

Him trying to get a "Let's go champ" out of some miserable coffee shop bloke while in Manchester is incredible. Clearly had the life zapped from him.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Eddie Hearn absolutely buries Chris Eubank Sr. in his latest IFL interview, i know i shamelessly continue to plug IFL but i just love the drama of it all. We're getting the story from all angles.

The IBO isnt even a bargaining chip. If you hold without having another title or  without being lineal then its simply a marketing tool. I do appreciate that some countries probably recognise it more It's the kind of title guys vacate then go on to fight for the European title.

Looks like the fight is on now though, tickets went on sale today I believe. The first poster is hilarious

15871485_1430329743645773_79559857407544

although they did change it when everyone laughed at it

C1gT-mLWIAArdXE.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeh, i listened to Eubank's view on the IBO thing and thought it made sense, Eddie Hearn has since come out and said no other governing body recognises the IBO title as legit though so it's pretty much worthless for what Eubank claims he wants it for.

It's still going to bomb, but at least they've got 2 decent names for the undercard, and they're charging slightly less than expected. In fact, this might have worked if they put Eubank Jr's fight on ITV1 with the Price bout as chief support, and had Galahad headline the ITV 4 lead-in card.

CHRIS EUBANK JNR is set to challenge Renold Quinlan for the IBO super-middleweight strap at the London Olympia on February 4, live and exclusive on ITV’s new pay-per-view platform at a cost of £12-95.

The event – which has been hit by criticism amid rumours of collapse – will be promoted by Richard Poxon, and is also set to feature heavyweight contender David Price vs Christian Hammer, with former European super-bantamweight champion Kid Galahad slated to appear as he moves up to the featherweight division in the hope of snaring a shot at IBF boss, Lee Selby, later in the year. The undercard will also include the enticing clash between John Ryder and Adam Etches at middleweight.

The undercard looks alright. Ryder vs. Etches would be a good fight at domestic level, both are evenly matched. Christian Hammer isn't much cop but he did beat Erkan Teper in his last fight. Price got KO'ed against Teper (on PEDs) in the 2nd round of their fight.

Yeah I was coming on here to say that. Which still leaves me thinking it'll do under 10,000 buys. I can't see many paying cash for just one fight, although if the free stuff on ITV 4 involving Price is good fun people may just go fuck it I'll pay for the Eubank fight, I've got nothing else on this evening, maybe that's what they're aiming for?

Lot's of people putting this down as ITV 4 just testing the waters of there PPV platform. Seeing how it handles etc. Might be smart long-term. They could have a disaster with the platform for all we know and damage there reputation before they even get properly started.

Edited by seanz25