Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

ITV Sport@ITVSport 10h10 hours ago

More

To clarify… The Eubank Jr v Quinlan undercard on February 4th will be on @ITVBoxOffice and NOT @ITV4 Details: http://itvboxoffice.co.uk

They're charging a tenner for it. 13 Euros if you're in ROI.

That makes sense in a way because just paying 10 quid for a single fight which likely wont be competitive was a crazy move. The actual card here isn't bad, if im free on the night id probably even pay for it under normal circumstances...i just aint paying this time because of how the Eubank's have approached the whole thing, fuck em.

• Paid Members

When does the BT Boxnation deal start? they said early 2017 but Warren has no BT cards planned yet as far as I can see and we are a few weeks into 2017

starts in March, Warren announced the first show of the deal yesterday...

ec24eb3ab1410dd30cf18363417dd3ff76a80028

liking that, Smith/Williams is a great fight, can't wait for that one. Nicola Adams debuting is a nice addition too, that'll draw in some eyes.

Don't know anything about Flanagan's opponent but going from a few things i've read he's a legit opponent.

Josh Warrington will headline a Leeds card in May, and they are hoping to do Hughie Fury/Joseph Park in April. It's gonna be a good year!

Khan is asking for a 70/30 purse split in his favour for the Brook fight. Hearn is not accepting, and wants a 50/50 split, whereas Brook has called Khan's buff by saying it should be a 70/30 split in favour of the winner. It won't work, but it was a good line to get out in the open. 

Only Khan and his team thinks that he deserves a 70/30 split. At least that's the general feeling from what I've read. Hearn thinks that Khan is making these demands to buy time for a tune-up fight. Froch thinks that Khan doesn't want the fight at all, and is pricing himself out of it. I think it could be partially down to Khan's ego. I've never had much of an issue with him as a person - but as someone posted in here a while back - he really did used to think that he was going to become the crown jewel of British sport. 

As for the fight itself, I've always fancied Brook to win via stoppage. 

Khan doesnt want it. First it was win a belt and we will fight, then it was fight someone good and we will fight, now Brook has done that it's 70/30. I can see Brook moving up to 154, dont think he will fight Spence, even though Spence is will to take a 70/30 split in Brooks favour and come to the UK. Maybe if Brook has a gimme at 154 and so does Khan, maybe it will happen. Who knows. I fancy it to be a close fight, but would go with Brook late stoppage.

Theres the potential Liam Smith fight as well at 154.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

According to ESPN this morning Brook is going to fight Spence.

Sam Eggington/Paulie Malignaggi has been added to the AJ card.

There's lots happening. Anyone see the news that David Haye has annoucned a promotional deal with Richard Schaefer and called itself Ringstar. Dont know what channel they plan on running but they have big plans. There's boxing everywhere.

• Paid Members

To clarify… The Eubank Jr v Quinlan undercard on February 4th will be on @ITVBoxOffice and NOT @ITV4 Details: http://itvboxoffice.co.uk 

They're charging a tenner for it. 13 Euros if you're in ROI. 

they've roped in Lennox Lewis and Andre Ward to commentate or do punditry. In fairness they've put together a pretty good looking package, i imagine it'll look great on the night too. I still won't pay for it, but i think the package itself has exceeding certain expectations. If Eubank was fighting someone decent on top i'd happily fork out £10.

Another gem from Snr. Also, the full Eubank Sr interview lasted almost along as the Eubank Jr vs Quinlan face off. I can't complain though, when I saw the two videos side by side, I clicked on Snr's in a heartbeat. 

Edited by jimufctna24

I watched that earlier. Could rule 3 weight divisions! Despite ever only fightin one real decent opponent and losing.

Been watching a lot of the Frampton, Cruz stuff on there. Can't see it not being a good fight, i vision a couple of knockdowns in this one, Shane Mcguigan seems to think maybe Sant Cruz will plant his feet a little more in this one. I'm hoping Frampton wins for the possible Selby fight, but a trilogy isnt the worst outcome either. This year is the most stacked year for boxing in a long time.