Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Does anyone know if i can watch the Brook/Spence fight online? Im a Virgin customer and do not mind paying for it, but as il be on holiday with no access to Sky or Virgin, i was wandering wether you can order the PPV and watch it on your laptop?

cheers.

• Paid Members

that Dirrell thing is crazy, didn't even think the punch was that bad that was late, mid-combo type stuff. Ive only seen a clip though.Ā 

Davis/Walsh was one sided but Davis looks legit, gonna be a lot of fun watching him go about his business. Topped a very entertaining BT card, good mix of action.

• Paid Members

a couple of days till Brook/Spence...

Boxing_Poster_MatchroomBoxing_KellBrook_

it's a huge fight but because i can't watch it live due to family stuff i've skipped over the hype a little and im not overly hyped going in, it doesn't help that Spence remains a bit of an unknown quantity to me, he's one of the few US prospects who's completely bypassed me in terms of viewing, for that reason i can't really give a prediction going in. I've got the Sky hype stuff to watch so i'll probably get into it by Saturday (hopefully i'll get to see it Sunday).

Decent undercard highlighted by George Groves 4th World Tittle challenge against Fedor Chudinov.

Ā 

I may not get to see this myself and i'm gutted. The Brook fight is a toss up as far as im concerned, only seem one full Spence fight and he looked good, no one knows how much the weight issue will effect Brook.

Hopefully GG will get the job done and in style to line up the Degale fight. Ā GG is rarely in a bad fight.Ā 

Lenroy Thomas is 3/1 against the white rhino, is Allen any good? I just done an Acca on Brook/Chudinov/Thomas at 35/1. Not bad odds for 3 close fights.

• Paid Members

Allen is a weird one. Eddie Hearn likes him and his given him a shot on his shows but Allen admits himself that he's never taken the sport seriously, he's very down on himself in interviews too but he's likeable. In the ring he's heavy handed and has a granite chin, but he admits hes suffered from lack of fitness in the past, he's apparently taken this one seriously. Ive never seen Lenroy Thomas fight.

• Paid Members

Well Brook lost. It was a highly competitive fight and until the eye injury it could have gone either way, Brook's confirmed he's suffered the same injury to his left eye that he suffered to his right against GGG. Round 10 was a classic.

Tony Bellew flat out called Brook a quitter afterwards which was harsh in my opinion.

George Groves beating Chudinov was one of the feel good sporting moments of the year, Groves did it the hard way in a brutal fight where he had to meet Chudinov head on. Crowd were behind him massively too which was great to see.

10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Ā 

Tony Bellew flat out called Brook a quitter afterwards which was harsh in my opinion

Aye, I didn't hear him say that myself,Ā but someone told me he said something along those lines. I like Bellew as a rule, but he's talking bollocks there. Brook's eye was clearly troubling him in the 11th. You could see him squinting before he took the knee.

I had Brook 5-1 up after 6. It was Spence's fight after that though. I believe Brook suffered the eye injury in the 7th. Although, I get the feeling that Spence would have scraped home anyway.

Ā 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Did anyone see theĀ minute silence before the Groves fight? thousands of fans sang during it and Sky apparently muted the sound as best they could to mask it. There's been some press about it calling boxing fans an embarrassment and all that jazz.

It's since come out that other than if you atĀ ringsideĀ you couldn't hear a word Michael Buffer was saying over the PA. Bit of a shambles really, and i have to question whether or not a minute silence before a World Title fight in front of pissed up fans was a good idea in the first place, add in the PA thing and its a recipe for disaster.

In football its abit of tradition so even without a PA you would know what was happening just based off how the player line up on the pitch, but in the ring before a fight, if you couldn't hear you instruction you'd have no idea what was going on.

I was at the Froch/Groves fight at Wembley and even then you couldn't hear the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" or anything from the stands.

Edited by Egg Shen

Two good fights, pleased for GG, hopefully gim and Degale dont waste time and get it on next, could be another Stadium fight with a half decent undercard.Ā 

Bellew was daying he quit on IFL straight after, im guessing he didnt know about his eye socket at the time. Brook has to move up now to 154. Was interesting watching the body language of Big Jonny on Saturday while Khan was speaking, looked like he wanted to chin him i thought.

• Paid Members

Groves 'face turn' has been good to watch. For many he was probably the good guy against Froch but Groves played upto the pantomime villain role there with all the mind games and antics. He's always felt like the odd man out since, popping up on random shows and always feeling like an outsider on home soil. Great to see the fans giving him some love, Groves is always good value as a fighter and even after tough losses and tragedies in the ringĀ he just got back down to business and finally reached his goal, great to see.

Groves/DeGaleĀ II is a no brainer.