Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I haven't seen it. I've read conflicting opinions, which probably means it was a case of what you liked. Teddy Atlas is still a king amongst men though. 

Heads up for the weekend. There's a cracking bout on Channel 5 this Saturday night; pitting Josh Taylor against Ohara Davis for the Commonwealth title. Both are unbeaten, and the bookies can barely split them. Should be a tasty one. 

• Paid Members

yeh, im really looking forward to that. It's rare to get two white-hot prospects in the ring over here at the stages of the career they are at. Props to Cyclone for getting that together.

Taylor-Davies.jpg

• Paid Members

good looking show filled with prospects on Boxnation/BT too.

The-Future-Is-Now.png

Like last weekends Sky show the prospects here have some legit star potential, especially Yarde & Dubois, both guys are getting lots of love all over social media. Fight fans just love a big muscled up guy that can bang.

Bradley Skeete fighting to win the Lonsdale belt outright too, was lukewarm on Skeete but his powers come on and he's fighting with some intent these days.

I actually won 2 tickets for this on boxnation.com but i cant make it on such short notice.

• Paid Members

the World Boxing Super Series continues to look fucking awesome, Callum Smith is in the Super Middleweight bracket, Mike Perez has joined Cruiserweight and it's been announced that the winner of Eubank Jr/Abraham will go into Super Middle, this is what it's all about!

The draw is Saturday i think.

• Paid Members

Can't believe how much shit's on this weekend. UFC TUF finale tonight, Ohara Davies vs Josh Taylor on 5 tomorrow, the Yarde/Dubois/Skeete show on BT, then UFC 213 in the early hours of Sunday morning. It's going to take me well into next week to catch up on all that. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

and BAMMA tonight, its all happening :)

Is BAMMA any good? Watched a show a few years ago but not seen them since?

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

well it's well presented and the fights are of a high standard, whether or not they deliver on the night is another thing. It's worth watching.

Going to give it a bash tonight. Already impressed with Fabian Edwards...

• Paid Members
On 4 July 2017 at 11:07 PM, Egg Shen said:

good looking show filled with prospects on Boxnation/BT too.

The-Future-Is-Now.png

I actually won 2 tickets for this on boxnation.com but i cant make it on such short notice.

You might've had a lucky escape not going. All kinds of trouble in the arena after the Byfield vs McNess fight. 

Yeah, I heard that BT had to take an extended commercial break. Sounds pretty grim. 

Elsewhere, Josh Taylor looked the business. Completely out-boxed Davis throughout. Based on that form, he should be able to beat Ricky Burns quite easily. Good news that the Frampton fight is on Channel 5 as well. 

• Paid Members

Channel 5 show delivered. Taylor/Davies was such a wild clash of styles. Ohara Davies is clearly a guy who is used to see people crumble under his power because he was winging shots from anywhere, all the class was with Taylor but it was super entertaining with a hot atmosphere. The finish was a bit strange with Davies waving it off and turning his back but it didn't feel anticlimatic, it was coming after Taylor landed that incredible slicing right hand that dropped Davies too.

The co-main event from Spike (aired after the main event on HD) was just as good. Jason Easton having a bit of a war against a duracell bunny Belgian in Steve Jamoye, Easton eventually broke him down but it took some doing, both guys made a fan out of me.

Real good little show, always like Channel 5's boxing coverage, lets hope they keep pumping it out.

• Paid Members

anyone forking out for Eubank/Abraham on the weekend? i was going to goto the local Vue Cinema and watch it but the one close to me isn't showing it. I'm still im two minds but i'll probably hang on until Sunday, im keeping my £16.95.