Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thanks wand, I was just watching that fight, and you are right. Teddy Atlas's pronunciation is annoying as fuck now you've pointed it out. It was even more annoying than Timothy "Timmy" Bradley's comments, and that is saying something. ESPN must be putting him on as a favour to Atlas. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Why the fuck though, does Teddy Atlas insist on calling him LomaNchenko? With the n. Once you notice it it's annoying as shit. 

I noticed it, i also thought he said 'Lomanchenko is like Neil from The Matrix', i might be wrong about that though :laugh:

Lomachenko is just on another level, took a 2 time World Title challenger and played with him, Lomachenko cleary allowed Marriaga more of a chance than he ever should have, Lomachenko probably could have shut him out completely but he fancied a bit of a dust up. As soon as he stepped it up a gear he got Marriaga out of there. The boy is class.

I did love how Boxnation piped the Top Rank commentary in though, how long have they done that? they usually either use their own team or pipe in some independent type commentary team that sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Boxing Wales is reporting that a huge fight announcement is imminent for the Millenium Stadium...so that'll be Anthony Joshua/Kubrat Pulev in Cardff.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was a fucking beautiful finish from Crawford. No getting up from a body shot like that. 

Oh and incase anyone forgets, Miguel Cotto vs Yoshihiro Kamegai is live on BoxNation this Saturday night. Of course, no-one's going to be watching it live with Mayweather vs McGregor over on Sky at the same time, but it's always worth setting a Cotto fight to record. 

Indongo looked like an amatuer with those looping shots.

Crawford looks the real deal doesnt he. Much like Ward though, it would be good if the fought outside their own areas to broaden their fanbase.  Crawford will have to move up now i imagine, thats where the money is. Crawford v Pac would be an easy fight to make. 

• Paid Members
On 20/08/2017 at 5:17 PM, Porkchopcash said:

Indongo looked like an amatuer with those looping shots.

Crawford looks the real deal doesnt he. Much like Ward though, it would be good if the fought outside their own areas to broaden their fanbase.  Crawford will have to move up now i imagine, thats where the money is. Crawford v Pac would be an easy fight to make. 

Crawford couldn't really have dreamed of an easier fight to become undisputed champion. On paper Indongo was a bit of an unknown quantity but it was obvious quickly that Crawford was operating on another level.

How horrid was the piped in Sky commentary though? it sucked all the life out of the arena because they had the audio down so low. Macklin/Barker aint exactly brimming with charisma in the booth either.