Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

4 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

He's entered the World Boxing Super Series. He's slated to face Avni Yildrim. If he wins that, he might face Groves in the semi-finals. 

Oh yeah, that's right. Forgot all about that!

• Paid Members

Well Eubank/Abraham played out as expected down to a tee. Abraham is made for someone like Eubank, clever piece of matchmaking. 

Part of me would have liked to have seen Eubank get chinned but i really wanted him in the Super 8 Tournament so i ain't complaining.

The tournament is gonna be brilliant isn't it?

55 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Well Eubank/Abraham played out as expected down to a tee. Abraham is made for someone like Eubank, clever piece of matchmaking. 

Part of me would have liked to have seen Eubank get chinned but i really wanted him in the Super 8 Tournament so i ain't complaining.

The tournament is gonna be brilliant isn't it?

Seriously hoping nothing goes tit's up and we get Groves/Eubank in the semi's.

• Paid Members

the Tournament could lead to so many great fights, i hope injuries and that don't ruin it.

You wanna talk about a bumper night of boxing though...September 16th is Canelo/GGG, the Billie Joe Saunders/Willie Munroe show in London as well as Callum Smith/Erik Skoglund in Liverpool.

Who knows with Fury. It seems he was annoyed that Hughie and Peter Fury were considering doing business with Haye. Warren is insisting that Tyson will still return.

In case anyone needs reminding, Frampton is fighting on Channel 5 tomorrow evening.

• Paid Members

yeh Frampton missed weight too so loses the 'title eliminator' status from the fight.

Mikey Garcia/Adrien Broner is tomorrow night too, one of the most interesting fights of the year. Broner is in full bellend mode going in, Garcia's moving up in weight but has looked destructive recently. Gonna be a good one.

Watching the Omar Figueroa / Robert Guerrero fight from a few weeks back. Guerrero hasn't won a fight in years and said he was going to go back his pure boxing technique to combat Figueroa's brawler. 1st round, he did well and won it, marking Figueroa up. 2nd round he gets tagged once, then goes straight back into slugging it out. He got dropped about 4 times and was saved by the bell. 3rd round he comes out swinging like an idiot again. Gets dropped another 2 times and the referee has to call it off, to stop Guerrero from killing himself.