Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh i'd be well up for that, Lemieux's always good to watch.

Just about to head down to my mates for Groves/Cox on ITV Box Office. I've been quietly confident that Cox will spring an upset for a while, proper hurtful puncher and likes to scrap and get dirty. Groves is the bigger man but im fancying the upset.

• Paid Members

well, the World Boxing Super Series continues to deliver, last night's Groves/Cox card was tremendous.

Groves/Cox was 4 rounds of chaos. Cox came out like a man possessed, it probably was his un-doing in the end because he got caught coming in, but he was in for fire the opening couple of rounds. Groves experience told in the end, many fighters would have buckled under the pressure but he stayed calm and buckled Cox with a body shot in round 4. I was actually a little gutted it ended so early cause this was shaping up to be a classic. Groves/Eubank Jr. is going to be something special next year.

The undercards to these shows are a bit all over the place, they always feel thrown together because the shows aren't put together by specific promoters, last night's was great fun though, knockouts galore.

John Ryder fought Patrick Nie;sen. Nielsen is the Super Series Sub so this felt like a fight to tie him over. Ryder absolutely wrecked him, Nielsen was 26-1 going in and was the heavy favorite going in but Ryder just took him apart, best he's ever looked.

Chris Eubank's other son Nathanial Wilson got KO'd in 1 in a massive upset. There was a shocking first round 1 off a break that lead to a DQ and a Journeymen that had lost 156 times won a fight he was clearly brought in to lose. Just a bonkers night.

• Paid Members

i always miss the Charlo Brothers fights. Its time people really started paying attention to them two though, they KO'ing everyone.

I watched that Kalle Sauerland video :) seems like a bit of an injoke from IFL to use that thumbnail as the youtube header. Go read the comments for the video, its basically everyone saying Sauerland is a raging cokehead. It must be a running joke because Kalle makes reference to it in the video.

• Paid Members

yeh me too, the WBSS did a great job of making it seem like a massive deal Saturday too. The concept of the series is fucking brilliant.

The presentation is still a little odd but i see what they are going for and it looks huge. One thing i love about it (and Kalle mentions in that interview) is that they want it to be recognisable by the time its on, so eventually people will know that every May the WBSS finals will be happening like people know when football finals happen. He also said every main event will air at 10pm on the dot. so people can tune in for it like for the start of a football match and know its about to kick off which is a brilliant idea given how long, boring and tedious a Frank Warren show can be.

Kalle doing it right.