Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 24/09/2017 at 3:40 PM, jimufctna24 said:

I felt Campbell won most of the middle rounds against Linares (rounds 4-10). However, I still scored it to Linares by 1 or 2 rounds based on his work in the first 3 rounds, including the knockdown, and the last 2 rounds. It was a fun fight. 

i think the Sky commentary on the fight infuriated me more than any other fight in recent memory. Adam Smith was so far up Linares' arse it was embarrasing. It wasn't until around 9-10 that they seemed to realise that Campbell was actually doing pretty well (i had him infront at that point), the commentary was talking like it was a shut out.

• Paid Members

speaking of cubans...

caught up on the Boxing Super Series last night.

Yuri Dorticos looks the business at Cruiserweight doesn't he. Another Cuban, but doesn't have that jacked up frame that most Cuban combat sports athletes seem to have, he's carrying some power though. Looks to be someone who boxes very conventionally but with big power in basic shots, he wrecked Kudrashov in 2 rounds. Dorticos/Usyk is a mouthwatering fight if that is what the final ends up being (there are on opposite sides of the bracket).

Breidis/Perez was the first stinker of the Series. Just a horrible mesh of styles and a ref who seemed intent on ruining the fight. Breidis is a superstar in Latvia though, the crowd was electric all night despite the fight being a clinch/foul fest. Breidis/Usyk next, Usyk wrecks him.

• Paid Members

first Haye/Bellew 2 press conference today, lots of IFL stuff on youtube. I'm lukewarm on the whole situation at the moment, sure that'll change leading upto the fight though.

Also, at a German press conference for Eubank Jr/Yildrim, Yildrim's manager lost his shit and tried to fight someone from Eubank's entourage, telling him he was gonna fuck his wife in his own bed, crazy turks.

nintchdbpict000358128751.jpg?strip=all&w

• Paid Members

utterly ridiculous boxing schedule tomorrow night, 3 shows to choose from, all on at the same time.

Eubank Jr. vs. Yildrim (ITV Box Office)

Crolla vs. Burns (Sky Sports)

Selby vs. Flores (Channel 5)

pick the bones out of that.

• Paid Members

Eubank Jr. was devastating last night, really the kind of performance that made me believe he may actually win the tournament. Came out fast and landed hard shots, dropping Yildrim in round 1 and finishing him with a brutal left hook in round 3. Impressive.

Cheers for that, i got 9 and forgot sheffield  utds ground.

Just watched Tysons return fight since being in prison against Mcnealy. I forgot Mcnealy really went for it and it was stopped unjustly. 

Now watching Tyson v Botha, it’s hilarious, Botha has a top first round and at the end Tyson litteraly trys to break his arm in the clinch, anyone can see it, other than the commentaters, then they show it in slow motion and they still cant see it. Commentaters are clearly on the payroll. Its pathetic and hard to watch.

It’s mayhem in every fight Tyson had since doing time, fairplay to him for the gimmick. Even at the time as an older fan i never thought he was all that. Struggled against talk guys like Tony Tucker and Bonecrusher Smith. They fucked Larry Holmes over giving him 6 weeks notice or so. But man, he was a fucking explosive menace when on form. Still havent seen head movement/crouching/power since then. 5ft 11 and early 20’s kicking everyones arse. A child really. 

A ludicrous analysis, but a bit like Rooney being a man in a childs body

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

Surely you mean a child in a mans body? 

I remember seeing a picture of Tyson when he was 13 or something and he just looked ridiculous. Built like a brick shithouse and had a proper man's facial features, chiseled jawline and everything. No pub in the fucking world would've ID'd him.