The King of Old School Posted July 3 Posted July 3 Don't think it's something AEW do very often, but I could see Omega winning by DQ on Wednesday, and for the rematch to be no DQ at Redemption. Might let MJF get his matches with Knight and Andrade out of the way before the PPV? Omega/Andrade in Mexico also sounds pretty cool. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 I'm pretty certain they'll do MJF vs Andrade at Grand Slam Mexico. As they should! Heel MJF being booed out the building by Arena Mexico while Andrade gets monster babyface reactions is easily better than an Omega/Andrade match (which would be good but you could run that match anywhere and get the same reaction). Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 From a character and show-long narrative perspective, that was probably one of my favourite episodes of Dynamite ever. I don’t think you should do it every week, but it was super refreshing having the main eventers be a bit Stone Cold, where they keep popping up throughout the night. I’m fascinated by them announcing Omega vs. MJF for next week rather than Redemption. They must have something big planned. Reminds me of when they did Punk vs. Mox the week before the pay per view. I like the idea @Chris B suggested where Omega wins the belt, offers MJF a rematch at Redemption provided Max can no longer compete for the World Title if he loses, and then Hangman costs him the match. Head into Wembley with Ospreay vs. Omega 3 for the World Title. MJF vs. Hangman in Exploding Barb Wire Death. Book it, Tony! I still think Moxley is muddying the waters. I hope they prove me wrong and this all works out in the end, but right now I just wish Ospreay would tell him to shove his Death Rider swimming badges up his arse and start cutting earnest Babyface promos to sell some tickets. You know the momentum is on your side when even Chris Jericho has a good segment. Him and Ciampa brawling in the gorgeous sunshine was great. Overall, easily one of the best post- PPV Dynamites of all time. And now we get Omega vs. MJF and Takeshita vs. Fletcher in this venue? Let’s fucking gooooo! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 (edited) 3 minutes ago, Supremo said: You know the momentum is on your side when even Chris Jericho has a good segment. Him and Ciampa brawling in the gorgeous sunshine was great. Jericho's silly little jump off the back of the truck cracked me up. Reminded me of when my kid jumps at me off the couch. I love that they are actually doing Beach Break outside and at the beach! Can't wait. Far superior to when they ran it indoors in January that time. I'm a mark for any outdoor show. Edited July 3 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 Is it an actual beach? God, I hope so. Give me someone getting thrown into the ocean. A wide shot reveals Orange Cassidy chilling on a Lilo. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 3 Author Paid Members Posted July 3 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Fair play to MJF. I was very unhappy when he initially regained the World title last year but he's been excellent this year. Career best across the board. In terms of everything he brings to the table, I think a strong argument could be made for him being the best wrestler in the world. He’s certainly been, in my opinion, the best ever AEW World Champion. I don’t particularly want to see him drop the belt to Omega or Ospreay! 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: I wish they'd stick to their banging hip hop theme and not Jay White's theme I forgot to mention this in my original post, but Jay White’s theme is arguably the worst in AEW right now. It also, as you say, doesn’t really fit the character he’s playing - I hope they give him something better. 12 hours ago, Kamran said: Can they keep that momentum going for Collision tonight? And as far as this question goes…nope. It was a Tony Khan special, full of long, predictable matches. But you know what? I’ll let him have that if he keeps giving up banging episodes of Dynamite like we had this week. A few thoughts, though…I still don’t see what Khan seems to see in Maya World. There are so many better options for that push on the AEW roster, and she just seems green and clunky. Her match at Forbidden Door was entertaining, but I think that was largely down to Mercedes being one of the best in ring performers in wrestling. Thekla has become the Toni Storm of 2026, and I think they should turn her babyface sooner rather than later. I’m worried they’ll do something unnecessary, like have her drop the title to someone rather than have her be the person to face Mercedes or make it a multi-person match. That would be a huge mistake, Thekla/Mone is a huge match and they’d be crazy not to run it at their biggest show of the year. Takeshita - stop hanging out with The Conglomeration!! Leaving the Don Callis family should have been the step that skyrocketed him into main events, but this relationship feels beneath him. I’m going to keep banging the drum for Lee Moriarty - he’s great in ring and seems to be a tremendous promo. He also has a great look, and strikes me as someone who could credibly be presented as a rising star. He keeps impressing me, and it’s a shame to see him move back into a lesser role. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Kenny Omega is someone who is very hit and miss on the mic but he was also great this week. I think the thing with Kenny is that he just can't help being himself, and usually that means a slightly nerdy guy with a corny sense of humour who'd rather be dicking about with his mates than taking anything seriously. But when he does take something seriously, it means he's one of the most believable promo guys around - not the most dynamic or creative, but when he tells you that it's his last chance at the title and how much it means to him, you believe him. And that's the only bit that matters. I've said for a while that I assumed they would do Kenny/MJF at Redemption, and figured that it would have either this stipulation or even Title vs. Career, or at the very least they would be heavily implying that this was Kenny's last shot even if they didn't make it explicit. That they've gone, pardon the pun, all in on the stipulation and tied it back not just to Hangman but to Cody already falling to the same stipulation makes it feel massive. The only problem, especially when doing it on TV, is it's the kind of stipulation that has people second-guessing how they're going to get out of it - with Cody, and to a lesser extent with Hangman, people were immediately predicting that they would turn heel to break the stip, and with this match a lot of people are trying to guess what non-finish they would do to get around it, despite history showing that AEW generally follow through on these things. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 27 minutes ago, Supremo said: Is it an actual beach? God, I hope so. Give me someone getting thrown into the ocean. A wide shot reveals Orange Cassidy chilling on a Lilo. It's an amphitheatre next to the waterfront. Looks close enough that you could have some guys brawl near it and hopefully throw someone into the drink. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 Cor, that'd be brilliant. It still annoys me that WWE didn't take advantage of the covid era to do Summerslam on an actual beach. Especially when I started seeing pictures of those gigs some bands did with stages on beaches and audiences watching from the balconies of beachfront hotels. Quote
Chili Posted July 3 Posted July 3 Orange Cassidy to rise out of the sea like Mark Lewin in Florida, but he's doing the half thumbs up. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 (edited) 4 hours ago, Supremo said: I like the idea @Chris B suggested where Omega wins the belt, offers MJF a rematch at Redemption provided Max can no longer compete for the World Title if he loses, and then Hangman costs him the match. Head into Wembley with Ospreay vs. Omega 3 for the World Title. MJF vs. Hangman in Exploding Barb Wire Death. Book it, Tony! Weirdly, I think it's important that Max offers it (with no other way to get it). He's got to be the one with Hangman on his mind, desperate to prove that he can succeed where Hangman failed. Also, I think it's an honour thing, more than an official stipulation. Him going back on it would then allow Hangman to as well. Edited July 3 by Chris B Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 3 Awards Moderator Posted July 3 (edited) 21 hours ago, RedTwoster said: So with that in mind - Tony, please sort out the issue My AEW has with freezing, seemingly an iPad specific one. It happened three times during this show for me. Still happening all the time for me too. I tried downloading Roku like you suggested last week, but I don’t think there’s a way that Roku helps me still watch it on the iPad so I got rid of it again. Please help, Tony, we know you’re out there! 9 hours ago, Supremo said: I still think Moxley is muddying the waters. I hope they prove me wrong and this all works out in the end, but right now I just wish Ospreay would tell him to shove his Death Rider swimming badges up his arse and start cutting earnest Babyface promos to sell some tickets. Absolutely, and Collision really confirmed I’m back in the “can’t be fucked with the Death Riders” camp. Commentary got in an absolute tangle trying to make sense of things this week: - Nigel brings up Jay White’s ace promo from Dynamite pointing out the hypocrisy of how people feel about the Death Riders after everything - Tony trying to justify that current mindset, falling down logic hole after logic hole until he settles for ‘Moxley’s okay because he shook Bandido’s hand’ after a match where he savagely tried to tear Bandido’s mask off his head which years of AEW and decades of lucha have taught us is the act of only an absolute fucker - Later in the same match trying to use Bryan Danielson’s route to the title at Wembley, conveniently forgetting the brutal and violent murder he suffered at the hands of the Death Riders two months later - Then before the show’s half over, the Death Riders do a run in alongside unequivocal heels the Dogs to lay out Babyface legend Adam Copeland and the guy who started these bullet points, Jay White! That’s without even getting into the idiocy of the Ospreay association THEY BROKE YOUR NECK DELIBERATELY WILL THIS IS THE THICKEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN STOP IT. Other than that, Collision was a fine match match match show. STP and Rush clearly back in their places after their minipushes, which is what we feared, but I’m way more into Jay White than I was before his injury. If he can switch out the plain black outfit for something a bit more colourful I’d happily see him back at the top of the card. Bandido was great again and I think they just need that ROH title off him, it’s a lead weight and the only reason I can come up with for why he’s not already at the top of the card. And Fletcher vs ELP was more enjoyable than Ospreay vs ELP last week, even if Kyle’s new leg tattoo is off-puttingly big. Edited July 3 by HarmonicGenerator Thekla better still be champ at Wembley unless Toni or Willow’s back and even then only maybe Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 3 Posted July 3 Very much a 'Forbidden Door Hangover' episode of Collision, but still a mostly fun watch. 21 Plex, is such a shit finisher. Curious to see where things are going with Thekla. If they want to book Athena Vs. Maya for the ROH title, then do it in ROH. If not for commentary reminding everyone, it's easy to forget that Julia Hart, was ever TBS champion. Julia Vs. Maya, was easily the worst match of the show. Booking them against each other was definitely a decision. Athena Vs. Rina, was a little off at points but turned into a good little match. No Devine Dominion squash. Boooooooo. STP lads. Yaaaaaaaaaay. Good main event but I still don’t buy into Fletcher, as a future top guy. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 @HarmonicGenerator it does seem to be iffy on IPad. I’ve had to close the stream and re-open it a few times. i don’t think Roku (the app) helps you need Roku (the streaming device). I have a google based TV and it’s in the App Store. Also have it on firestick and Apple TV. Works well on them too. Hardly no issues on any of them. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 3 Posted July 3 (edited) I tried MyAEW but the quality is far below a bootleg rip from HBO Max.. now if we had that on the UK version we'd be sorted. Full pristine quality at 60fps. Does anyone watch on ITVX? How's the editing on there? I'm sure I've heard of them cutting some of the more violent bits. Edited July 3 by Merzbow Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.