Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Mark Davis is basically Zangief from Street Fighter 2. Davis/Speedball sounded like a main event you’d see on a Rampage or a 3 hour Dynamite when they thought no one would watch until the end.
 

But it was a great physical match. Also enjoyed Bandido/Shibata who was trying to heel it up quite nicely. A perfectly good Sunday morning watch was this Collision. Although short haired Hangers will take a bit of getting used to.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also enjoyed Bandido/Shibata who was trying to heel it up quite nicely.

I’d really like to see Bandido drop the ROH title and be pushed as a top wrestler on the main roster. For what he lacks in promo ability, he makes up for with everything else. 

A miss for me that I forgot to mention was following up Jay White’s tremendous promo last week with him being involved with those WWE-like ‘dog-neutering’ skits. He’s better than that.

Posted

Perfect Sunday evening viewing. 

Quite a bit of good promo work, this week.

Lena Kross could be a future singles star, imo. I like Bayne, but she seems so wooden during promos, compared to Kross. 

Trent did a fun TV job for Darby. 

Cracking TV main event. Also I think Fletcher, was great on commentary and really added to the match. 

Shida Vs. Harley was just about fine. Same goes for Cage Vs. Rascal No. 3.

If Thekla is dropping the title to Willow, I hope she still gets something decent for All In. Got a feeling they might go back to the Stardom feud. 

Hope that Baseball show, makes it onto MyAEW, eventually. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
24 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Lena Kross could be a future singles star, imo. I like Bayne, but she seems so wooden during promos, compared to Kross. 

Bayne could do with a manager when she has her next singles run.

I think they both have top singles star potential, though. 

26 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Cracking TV main event. Also I think Fletcher, was great on commentary and really added to the match. 

 

I agree! He’s come a heck of a long way since his early days on the mic when he was utterly dreadful. 
 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Hangman Page looking so handsome, with his Summer Holiday haircut, made me more disappointed than ever.

You were the chosen one, Adam! It was said that you would destroy the Pro-Wrestling Scumbags, not join them for a brunch. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

Great to see Mark Davis having some success. He wrestled a lot(along with Fletcher as Aussie Open) for Attack! In Cardiff and you could tell both were destined for bigger things albeit at the time you’d have said Davis would have hit success quicker than Fletcher given their looks at the time. Saw Davis have an excellent big man match with Jonah Rock(now Bronson Reed in WWE) back in 2018/2019. Hopefully it continues even if the Callis Family comes to an end. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 7/11/2026 at 7:19 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I know that all wrestlers are some level of wrongun or idiot or problematic and that if I watch any wrestling at all I am almost definitely watching someone who’s at least one of those things. And I can get over that / forget about it while watching with virtually everyone. But that stupid, stupid photo of Hangman from the start of the year … his whole thing was that he wasn’t one of those people. He was the one you could believe was genuinely an okay guy. I bought his t-shirt in Manchester last year for fuck’s sake! And I can’t get past it with him, and I just don’t care about seeing Hangman or anything he does any more. 

Wholeheartedly agree. I haven't watched a show since, just bits on Facebook and YouTube. It's just really, really crushing. I can't get past t. He's gone from being my absolute favourite thing in wrestling over several years to someone I hope fucks off to WWE ASAP.

My daughter still wears his T-Shirt she got in Glasgow. Everytime I wash it, I just shake my head in disappointment and resentment. I can't believe what he's taken away from us. Though he's saving me one streaming service a month, I guess, so small mercies.

On 7/11/2026 at 8:54 PM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

One thing I noticed at Beach Break is all the ringside crew were also 'in character' with beach/summer gear on rather than the usual black t shirts. Security weren't, understandably, though. It's those little touches that just make it that little bit better

It's a piece of piss. WCW were doing it 30 years ago. It's only lack of any effort that would stop you. 

On 7/11/2026 at 11:00 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

That Gauntlet match was pretty rough from the get go, but I hate the “random time intervals” aspect to it.

Yeah, annoying that it's not on the level like the Royal Rumble.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to sound a cunt or quite cold given how passionate others have sounded, but it doesn't change how I digest him as a TV character. It's what he is and how I'll treat all of them from pretty much here on in. Getting really invested and blurring the person from their character is evidently not worth it.

 

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted
30 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm going to sound a cunt or quite cold given how passionate others have sounded, but it doesn't change how I digest him as a TV character. It's what he is and how I'll treat all of them from pretty much here on in. Getting really invested and blurring the person from their character is evidently not worth it.

As always, you do you. I just don't think you can have it all ways. Harmy was absolutely right in that a lot of the appeal of Hanger was in how genuine he felt. A guy with lots and lots to like off-screen and obviously brilliant on it. A real bonefide AEW guy with the sort of brilliance and social responsibility you'd want from their brand - given the other mob are MAGA cunts. It wasn't something I particularly thought about while watching but subconciously, something that made me love him as an on-screen character. Even during his heel run, the fact we all "knew" Hangman was why waiting for him to see the error of his ways and become the hero we all needed was the story to follow. 

You cannot expect to generate that level of love and investment from fans and when it goes to shit, which it definitely did with that one fucking picture, think it's all OK because it's just a TV character init. It's not when it's successful and you're getting all the praise and it's not when you've ruined it and you're getting deserved pelters. Adam Page apologised. I thought, in good faith. And it wasn't enough because the damage was done.

If it was Kenny Omega or a Young Buck in that photo, I don't think I'd care as much. I'd think they were thick as tar and morally bankrupt but it wouldn't sour me on the whole AEW brand. This has. The empty-headed dumb fuck.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Hangman’s a victim of his own success. Flew too close to the sun. When you develop such an authentic, fully formed character, which overlaps with what we believe he’s like in real life, and that encourages fans to develop a borderline parasocial relationship? There isn’t another wrestler alive where it was more viral that he kept his nose clean. The speed with which the whole thing crumbled is astonishing.

Saddest part is that I do believe he meant well. I’ve never had a close friend who’s been exposed as a wronggun’ and lost everything they worked for, but I definitely recognise how I could similarly feel sympathy for them and not want them to spiral into depression or worse still top themselves.

I think I’d draw the line at going for meals with them though. And if I did, I certainly wouldn’t be posing for fucking selfies. And if I did pose for a selfie, I’d probably suggest he doesn’t post it online. But therein lies the crux, doesn’t it? When a mate has proven themselves so blind to the concept of consent, maybe the only option is to cut them out of your life entirely.

It blows my mind that someone so demonstrably clever at his craft could be so stupid in his personal life. Both in staying friends with Marty and then in trusting him to take a cheeky snap. I wonder if they still go for scran now, or if Hangman has finally learned what an awful prick he is.

I don’t know how he comes back as a performer. I want to forgive and forget but it’s all I think about when he’s onscreen. I think the character, and my connection to it, is too deep to ever properly recover. He’d be better off just going to WWE and being a two dimensional loser no-one needs to care about one way or another. Fill fifteen minutes of TV time in the middle of Smackdown.

Hangman Adam Page. He loves to have fun!

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

On the other hand, maybe it just doesn't matter at all? Not to you, or to me, but to his career in general. It's tribalistic to bring him up, so I want to preface by saying I'm not arsed either way, but the person that feels closest to his is Punk. Where his on-screen "voice of the voiceless" persona felt so close to his principled stand in real life against a company that he felt de-prioritised his health, devalued their employees, got into bed with the Saudi's etc. And going back might've turned a few people off him who really bought into that, but you can't say it's done his career any damage.

It's not a fun feeling to sit with but maybe in a few months he'll have another heater with Swerve and then it'll all be forgotten by most and he'll carry on with no real impact to himself or his career.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Saddest part is that I do believe he meant well. I’ve never had a close friend who’s been exposed as a wronggun’ and lost everything they worked for, but I definitely recognise how I could similarly feel sympathy for them and not want them to spiral into depression or worse still top themselves.

I think I’d draw the line at going for meals with them though. And if I did, I certainly wouldn’t be posing for fucking selfies. And if I did pose for a selfie, I’d probably suggest he doesn’t post it online. But therein lies the crux, doesn’t it? When a mate has proven themselves so blind to the concept of consent, maybe the only option is to cut them out of your life entirely.

Pretty much the same here. My dad worked with young offenders for years and was there for more than one of them after they served jail time as adults, so I've seen the difference support can make to people. I don't think I'd pursue being bezzie mates with someone who'd done awful things, but I don't know that I'd immediately walk out of any social things they were in either.

Also, for me, it genuinely makes a difference to what degree they have a relationship - I think there's a difference between professionally advocating for him or going out of his way to spend time with him, and being around the same social circles. Scurll's been in a long-term relationship with a member of the roster, after all.

Whichever way, I do think there's also a difference between trying to do the right thing and getting it wrong and not giving a shit. I also get that, to a lot of people, it's entirely about the outcome being the same either way.

Edited by Chris B
  • Paid Members
Posted

Well that was a pretty good episode of Collision IMO. I did skip the 8-man tag because ain't nobody got time for that.

Main event was great, indeed. "Drop Bear" Mark Davis would be a much better nickname than "Dunkzilla", IMO. Kudos to Speedball for doing a proper old school job of making the most out of the unexpected blood by smearing it all over his face.

I love Trent Baretta way more than most. He's pretty much the leader of my Boy Stable (him and Curt Hawkins both since they were routinely having the best match of the week on WWE TV on Superstars 15 years ago) but honestly, Darby - just run in, hit the big shotgun dropkick into the corner, shoot up to the top rope for the Coffin Drop and pin him. It's Trent Barretta. You don't need to be taking half a dozen ludicrous bumps for Trent.

And Hangman... sorry to those who don't, but I still fucking love Hangman. He cut a great promo and got me genuinely buzzing for him going after any of those titles. And fuck, I need that blazer (Scully Men’s Tonal Floral Embroidered Western Blazer P-733)

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know what either Drop Bear or Dunkzilla mean. They should just call him Dunk Davis or something.

I've said it before but I saw Davis and Fletcher years ago at a Brit Wres show and they were so goddamn bad. Incredible to see how good they are now.

Enjoyed the Speedball match but they did just a bit too much for my tastes and could have taken a few things out or sold a bit more. There was a bit where Davis dropped Bailey head/shoulder first from a suplex position on the apron and it looked absolutely horrific but Bailey was hitting a sunset flip mere seconds later.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm surprised Gooshy, I think both of those nicknames are fairly easy to understand. A drop bear is a bear that drops and a Dunkzilla is a Zilla that dunks. Bish bash bosh, problem solved. 

Mark Davis is a boring name for a wrestler. For a snooker player in the 1980s it would be fine, but not for a wrestler at any point. "Foul, Mark Davis 4, Tony Meo 36"

If you are going to stick with Davis then why not call him Dynamite Davis. Ties him to AEW and he will certainly blow you up. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...