Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 9 Author Paid Members Posted July 9 16 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Thekla saved that women's match, I would have fell asleep during it if it wasn't for her amazingly good/bad commentary and then Willow's comeback. It was mad rambling but I really enjoyed it. I’m very invested in her not losing to Willow, or at the very least getting a spot in the World title match at All In. I was very cynical about her winning the World Title when she did, but she’s been a Toni Storm-style revelation. Quote
Chili Posted July 9 Posted July 9 Thekla openly stating she'd be up for motorboating Mina Shirakawa complete with sound effect. I don't mind that match being a Triple Threat to be honest. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 9 Posted July 9 They can’t possibly go with a Triple Threat at All In. They’ve telegraphed it as being Osprey v Omega for a few months and that is absolutely the biggest match they have for that show. MJF will likely get his rematch at All Out in September, possibly by having MJF v Andrade for the #1 Contendership at All In, but a Triple Threat is the last thing they should be doing Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 20 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: Andrade being called 'cool' while looking like a BBC division 1 pundit was a choice. My wife said similar but using Del Boy as the comparison. Also can't have been that cool in the temperature sense, wearing a 3-piece suit with a big wool coat over it in Florida in July. Agreed it's got to be Kenny vs Ospreay 1-on-1 at Wembley. Which does seemingly make Hangman vs MJF a likely option (involving the never challenge again stips), but it did kinda look like they were hinting at a return to Hangman vs Swerve (can you get a deathmatch past Brent Council?) with Swerve using Deadeye and Ospreay a Buckshot Hidden Blade at Forbidden Door. They've done both of those matches A LOT though. I'd sort of assumed we'd end up with a Fletcher/Takeshita/Okada/Andrade 4-way for the International - I'm guessing Take will be done in Japan in time to be there? Although maybe TK's bored of the National Championship already, Andrade beats Davis next week and he and Fletcher go 1-on-1 to crown a unified Internationalnational Champion (that he'll un-unify again by Full Gear). The 3-way option seems more likely for the Women's World Title than for the Men's - I think it's fairly safe to assume that Willow will be in the match with Mercedes, it's just a case of if Thekla is or not. Wonder if they do something like Divine Dominion causing a no contest at Redemption which Mercedes thinks is a master plan until Wembley gets made a 3-way. That's far more WWE style than AEW, mind (and Mercedes really should be a humbled babyface right now) Even though it was brief and he based it around pets, there was definite electricity from Mick Foley launching into anything resembling a promo. Glad they seem to be using him in that fashion at least to a degree, rather than just member of the broadcast team. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 (edited) I think if time travel ever gets invented they should bring back Mike Awesome from 1999 and put him against Takeshita in 2026. It would be the most insane and fun match ever. The two best dumb guy wrestlers of all time. Good show this week. Drunk chaos gremlin Thekla on commentary and Mercedes doing the Shao Khan throne bit from a lifeguard chair was the highlights of that Womens Casino match which never really came together and was mostly dull. "This ring is really starting to fill up....with dumb bitches!" Thekla for Forever Womens Champion. I hate the "cinematic"(ugh!) vignettes you see in wrestling like the Brawling Birds one. It's never clear to me whether this is stuff that is actually happening within the reality of the show or if this is supposed to be something fake the wrestlers have put together themselves. People may say I'm over thinking it but I just like to have some goddamn consistency in my wrestling shows. Jericho does just enough to hold off his execution. He'll be rubbish for weeks then have a minor cracker like the one this week which holds the reality at bay for just a little while longer. Great match though the veins on Ciampa's head were incredibly distracting. Beautiful venue of course and obviously the more unique venues they do the better it is for them. It sets them apart and makes them feel big time. There was only 3,000 people there but the look and feel of the show covers for that. As a viewer it made me wish I was there rather than the usual bland places they run. It's a shame Mick Foley is knackered because a Mick Foley with something to give in the ring could do wonderful things with Kyle Fletcher. Kevin Knight unfortunately cannot do wonderful things with a microphone. The exploding skateboard was a bit too Looney Tunes for me but I'm sure any kids wtaching it loved it. I like The Workhorsemen but I don't really see the logic in giving prime TV time to guys who aren't featured acts and are barely on TV and they obviously have no plans for. Ospreay/Mox vs, say, Kyle O Reilly and Orange Cassidy or the Gates of Agony or The Rascalz or even bringing back The Butcher & The blade for one night only (do it Tony Khan we know you lurk here) would be way more interesting, logical and exciting to watch. Edited July 10 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 10 Author Paid Members Posted July 10 13 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: MJF will likely get his rematch at All Out in September, possibly by having MJF v Andrade for the #1 Contendership at All In, but a Triple Threat is the last thing they should be doing That doesn’t feel like a big enough match for MJF at All In after the year he’s had - I reckon Andrade will be part of a Team Foley vs a Team Callis at All In. It could be that MJF is involved with that, but I expect him to face someone like Hangman. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 I can understand from a story perspective how they could do MJF vs Hangman but I can't say it appeals to me very much. They've worked loads the past year or so and there's not really any way they can top the last match where they were throwing each other off stages through exploding tables and stabbing syringes through their mouths. I'm very done with their feud. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 (edited) Hangman, Darby and Foley vs. MJF and the Don Callis Family in an everything-is-booby-trapped-with-explosives Coffin Match. Don joins the commentators at the desk, putting his head set on. It explodes. Edited July 10 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 I guess this is a semi plug, because I helped with the script and did the voiceover, but my friends made a video of how AEW makes stars. Would love some feedback on it if anyone cares to watch. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 AEW have announced that they'll be adding the MLP Mayhem weekly show to MyAEW from next week onwards. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 Hangman returns on Collision tonight. Incredibly weird that they didn't announce that on Dynamite. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 11 Posted July 11 8 hours ago, Kamran said: AEW have announced that they'll be adding the MLP Mayhem weekly show to MyAEW from next week onwards. Nice. I will definitely give them a watch. Do they have the previous MLP shows on there as well? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 11 Awards Moderator Posted July 11 I know that all wrestlers are some level of wrongun or idiot or problematic and that if I watch any wrestling at all I am almost definitely watching someone who’s at least one of those things. And I can get over that / forget about it while watching with virtually everyone. But that stupid, stupid photo of Hangman from the start of the year … his whole thing was that he wasn’t one of those people. He was the one you could believe was genuinely an okay guy. I bought his t-shirt in Manchester last year for fuck’s sake! And I can’t get past it with him, and I just don’t care about seeing Hangman or anything he does any more. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 11 Posted July 11 At many points Hangman has been the reason I've watched AEW. He's been the best example of storytelling and character AND having crazy good matches too. But it was also nice seeing how genuinely decent he seemed to be as a person too. So yeah to feel so "oh" about him returning is such a disappointment. We just held him to a higher standard I think. The example that you didn't have to be dodgy to be successful in an industry full of questionable people. And the fact they're only just announcing him like that for Collision is strange for sure. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 11 Posted July 11 I dare say a full on heel turn could be in the works for Hangman? He can't wrestle for the title but he can still be a jealous man who's flipped over seeing Omega do what he couldn't, while he himself has to just watch from the sidelines. But yeah, I don't care like I would have this time last year. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.