Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Who's Adam Brooks?!

An Aussie wrestler who wrestled a bit for PWG. He wrestled Wheeler Yuta at an AEW show this year as well.

  • Paid Members
Posted

A very forgettable Collision, outside of a very good Young Bucks video package which further built my intrigue in the Death Riders/Ospreay/Omega storyline and where they might be going with it. 

Nice to hear Paul Wight on commentary too, he’s good at it, and it’s yet another thing that had been suggested in this very thread, that Tony Khan has gone and done.  Next up, give Nyla Rose a chance on the announce desk, Tony. She’s really good at it and would be a great addition to the team. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Life’s too short to watch Collision.

Was there any indication that they might somehow chuck Darby into the Redemption main event and make it a three-way? Maybe Darby wins the TNT belt on Wednesday and then the pay per view becomes a Winner-Takes-All unification match? (Only for them to introduce a new belt within weeks, as is tradition).

I refuse to believe they’re truly going with Kenny vs. Knight in a singles. If they do keep it a singles, is this the weakest AEW pay per view main event ever? It’s got to be!

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Life’s too short to watch Collision.

Was there any indication that they might somehow chuck Darby into the Redemption main event and make it a three-way? Maybe Darby wins the TNT belt on Wednesday and then the pay per view becomes a Winner-Takes-All unification match? (Only for them to introduce a new belt within weeks, as is tradition).

I refuse to believe they’re truly going with Kenny vs. Knight in a singles. If they do keep it a singles, is this the weakest AEW pay per view main event ever? It’s got to be!

Not that I recall. Knight had a competitive match against AR Fox then stayed on commentary as the DCF squashed some guys. Darby did a pretape where he smashed up a car or set it on fire or something, it hasn’t stuck in my mind. No hints of anything major to come. I’d like to return to my idea that they could main event Redemption with Willow vs Thekla but that got zero build on Collision so seems even more unlikely than it did before.

They did announce Cope & Cage vs Claudio & PAC for Redemption which I’m really interested in. PAC and Copeland is one of those matches I’ve never considered but could be really, really good, and it’s two of my long time favourites in (I think) a first time meeting.

  • Paid Members
Posted
47 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

 

They did announce Cope & Cage vs Claudio & PAC for Redemption which I’m really interested in. PAC and Copeland is one of those matches I’ve never considered but could be really, really good, and it’s two of my long time favourites in (I think) a first time meeting.

Think it was only this one time though!

Posted
9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So recently! I bet I felt the same way before that match too!

Well.. (took me a while as the date is wrong on the damn video!)

On 1/24/2025 at 8:49 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Didn't mind Cope/Pac as a match either, it's one I haven't seen before, though I did drift in and out of it. The post-match, though, can get to fuck. The Death Riders are such shite.

  • Paid Members
Posted

One hell of a segment with Thekla, Willow and Foley. Got me really hyped for their match on Sunday. Brilliant performances from all of them.

Rest of the show was fine - nothing else left much of an impression on me. Other than how absolutely rubbish the Sisters of Sin are. Julia Hart is a lost cause and Skye Blue is not much better.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

One hell of a segment with Thekla, Willow and Foley. Got me really hyped for their match on Sunday. Brilliant performances from all of them.

 

This is exactly what I was going to say. If Tony Khan doesn't close the show with that match, he's failed the women's roster once again. It's hard to make a case for there being a hotter match on the Redemption card, and it's hard to make a case for any match being bigger. 

The only point against them is that I could see someone making the case that because it's Canada, they have to main event with Omega. They absolutely do not, though. Willow winning the World title is a big, big moment. What message would it send to not close the show with it, particularly on this card? 

On the whole, I really enjoyed the show but this was by far and away the stand-out segment. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Rest of the show was fine - nothing else left much of an impression on me. Other than how absolutely rubbish the Sisters of Sin are. Julia Hart is a lost cause and Skye Blue is not much better.

It's a real shame that Julia Hart has regressed, presumably because of an injury. When she won the TBS belt, it was completely justifiable and outside of her mic work, her upside seemed very obvious. She's not what she once was, and I hope she manages to recover fully and get her career back on track. At one point Skye Blue seemed to have potential and while you can never rule out someone improving and suddenly finding their groove, it feels increasingly unlikely. She's handy to have around as a credible-ish wrestler to take losses, but outside of that, I'm not sure she's going to contribute much. 

Posted (edited)

Decent episode overall, but “So and So Two Belts” is fast becoming an annoying troupe. On this show alone you had Kevin Knight talking going after a second belt, Thekla who already has two belts, Sisters of Sin attempting to win a second set of belts and a mention of Okada at this time last year having two belts. And next week when they begin the build for Mone vs Williow/Thekla at All In, she’ll no doubt mention about “already having the Owen belt, and at All In I’ll have two belts”.
I know they’re not all AEW’s belts but it doesn’t make the holder look better, it just makes everyone else look worse.

 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

At the start of this show, Justin Roberts announced that the opening contest was for the TNT Championship and - honest to God - I couldn’t remember who the TNT Champion was.

Turns out it’s Kevin Knight, who’s headlining Sunday’s pay per view.

I think AEW might have too many belts.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...