Paid Members Kamran Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 1 hour ago, FTR2020 said: Nice. I will definitely give them a watch. Do they have the previous MLP shows on there as well? I think it just starts weekly from Thursday, I couldn't see any other content there from MLW on MyAEW at the moment. Coming up on Collision tonight: Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 Davis/Speedball and Bandido/Shibata are gonna be lovely jubbly. Shida vs Harley significantly less so. With Hangman I'm a combination of intrigued but also not that bothered. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 11 Posted July 11 I notice they used a picture of him looking unhinged again.. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 I think he looked more unhinged in the graphics earlier in the year: At the time there were a few actions/looks he gave that looked like he would go down the same path again so I'm interested to see what Hangman we get tonight. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 11 Posted July 11 2 hours ago, FTR2020 said: Nice. I will definitely give them a watch. Do they have the previous MLP shows on there as well? There is a show from April, up on there. Just search MLP and it'll show up. That's all at the moment though. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 AEW ran an untelevised event from a baseball stadium last night. It's a shame because the setting looks great, should have run Collision from there: Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 11 Posted July 11 One thing I noticed at Beach Break is all the ringside crew were also 'in character' with beach/summer gear on rather than the usual black t shirts. Security weren't, understandably, though. It's those little touches that just make it that little bit better Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 11 Posted July 11 Hope Willow isn't just being set up to transition the woman's title to Mercedes. Thekla is doing her best, but is lacking a real standout feud, imo. She was a riot on commentary, though. The gauntlet was pretty poor, especially during TV break periods, when everyone was obviously just killing time until the next entrant. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 11 Posted July 11 That Gauntlet match was pretty rough from the get go, but I hate the “random time intervals” aspect to it. Skipped the Death Riders/Workhorsemen match because I’ve no interest in it, but everything else ranged from “alright all things considered” (Jericho/Ciampa) to pretty decent. That post-match Don Callis Family angle went on forever though Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 12 hours ago, LaGoosh said: AEW ran an untelevised event from a baseball stadium last night. It's a shame because the setting looks great, should have run Collision from there: Great to hear they're doing untelevised shows! Is that something they're doing regularly? Quote
The King of Old School Posted July 12 Posted July 12 7 hours ago, gmoney said: Great to hear they're doing untelevised shows! Is that something they're doing regularly? Conplete one off i think. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 12 Author Paid Members Posted July 12 Hangman’s return promo was good, but I’m really just posting to recommend people watch the Mark Davis/Mike Bailey main event, it was a really fun match. I know Davis is holding a title, but fuck me, he’s underrated. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 12 Posted July 12 As bloated/stale as the DCF is, Mark Davies has definitely benefited from being a part of it. Probably be slumming it in ROH, if not for that. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 12 Author Paid Members Posted July 12 13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Hope Willow isn't just being set up to transition the woman's title to Mercedes. I’m not sure they will, to me there seems to be more story potential in setting the World title up as the one that continues to evade Mercedes. Although, with Bayley’s contract expiring this year and TKO cutting pay left, right and centre, I think there’s a pretty decent chance she’ll end up in AEW, and it may be that they want to put the title on Mone for that reason alone. 18 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: As bloated/stale as the DCF is, Mark Davies has definitely benefited from being a part of it. Probably be slumming it in ROH, if not for that. You’re probably right. In a way he suffered from having such a talented tag partner in Kyle Fletcher, it made it easier to overlook the talent he clearly has. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 12 Posted July 12 Has probably the best piledrivers in the game, too. He's hit a few really gnarly variations, like that jumping one that killed Will Ospreay. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.