MPDTT Posted July 16 Posted July 16 If AEW does manage to sign both the Motor City Machine Guns and The New Day, I'd love them to run a AEW version of World Tag League on Collision over the course of 2 months. Given the strength in depth in terms of teams under contract, it could be absolutely fantastic. For example........ Block A Block B 1. Cage & Cope 1. The Young Bucks 2. FTR 2. FKA The New Day 3. The Motor City Machine Guns 3. Aussie Open (put Fletcher and Davis back together for this) 4. The Death Riders (Yuta & Garcia) 4. RPG Vice 5. The Dogs (any combination) 5. Gates of Agony 6. Top Flight 6. The Gunns 7. Brodido 7. The Dark Order (Uno & Silver) 8. The Outrunners 8. The Conglomeration (O'Reilly/Strong) Maybe find an excuse to put the Acclaimed back together. How about Private Party? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 16 Awards Moderator Posted July 16 (edited) It does make you think, even if you have C&C vs The Bucks in a straightforward 2-on-2 at Wembley, or add FTR for a TLC, there’s enough other duos around for a Tag Team Casino Gauntlet. The Dogs, the Gunns, GOA, Hurt Syndicate, Brodido, Juice & Jay, Jurassic Express, GYV, Rascals, El Sky Team, couple of surprises in New Day and MCMG… it’d be a handy way to get a bunch of people on the card. Edited July 16 by HarmonicGenerator I want to see Mistico Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 16 Author Paid Members Posted July 16 4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: I found it quite hard going as well, but I mostly put that down to My AEW being absolutely shitty shitty shit crap. I think at one point on this show it was freezing after every spot, and there was a stage in the tag title match where it took 10 minutes of refreshes, back and restart, wifi off and on again, just to get it to keep playing. Which it did, for about 40 seconds before it froze again. I had the exact same problem. I ended up skipping large portions of the show simply because I couldn’t be bothered anymore. The show seemed weak, but I’m basically making an educated guess, it was quite literally unwatchable. 4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Anyway, I can’t comment on a lot of the show because of that, but happily it had sorted itself out by the main event, which I thought was loads of fun. Willow, Lena and Mercedes dependably great, Bayne looked as good as she ever has, and Hyan and Maya fit well in that mix. I’ll maybe try that then, I’d given up by that point. Quote
The King of Old School Posted July 17 Posted July 17 (edited) 15 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: “Don’t be fooled, he’s just regular Chris Jericho with a stupid cheap hat (and shitty face paint), he still does the same bad comedy he did before” Yeah, but he's got a hat! Edited July 17 by The King of Old School Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 17 Paid Members Posted July 17 I can see that AEW would want to do C & C vs. The Young Bucks as a big first-time ever, but I still think adding in FTR and making it a ladder match is the big Wembley move. But I remember thinking while watching the last Stadium Stampede that they could do a lot worse than just adding some other teams into that mix anyway, just to keep things moving and to disguise the fact that you'd hope C & C won't be taking any massive stunt bumps. Throw The Hurt Syndicate in there to lob people about a bit. The first Dynamite after Redemption is in Detroit, so I can see the Motor City Machine Guns making an appearance at Redemption and then debuting properly on Dynamite to get the big hometown pop. Throw them in there as well. I do like the idea of a proper tag tournament, too! Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 17 Paid Members Posted July 17 20 hours ago, Supremo said: Absolutely wild that they needed a filler main event for a B Show and didn’t go with Omega vs. Darby. It only just occurred to me that they could have done Omega vs. Fletcher. Pay off that angle last year when Fletcher gave him a Brainbuster through a table. You could say Kenny gets his Redemption. Quote
burchybabi Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Any chance they add Darby to the title match to at least make it slightly interesting? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 17 Posted July 17 (edited) 1 hour ago, burchybabi said: Any chance they add Darby to the title match to at least make it slightly interesting? I doubt it, I reckon we’re Darby v Knight at Wembley Edited July 17 by WyattSheepMask Quote
The King of Old School Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Just now, WyattSheepMask said: I doubt it, I reckon we’re Darby v Knight at Wembley It's this next week on Dynamite isn't it? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 17 Posted July 17 (edited) 6 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: It's this next week on Dynamite isn't it? That’s not to say they won’t run it again in 6 weeks time with a stip. Darby hasn’t had a Coffin Match since March, he’s overdue one Edited July 17 by WyattSheepMask Quote
The King of Old School Posted July 17 Posted July 17 3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: That’s not to say they won’t run it again in 6 weeks time with a stip. Darby hasn’t had a Coffin Match since March, he’s overdue one Yes that's a fair point. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 17 Author Paid Members Posted July 17 I’ve been critical of Kevin Knight’s mic work, but I will say that he had some decent lines this week. I’ve no idea if they were scripted or if he thought of them himself, but I hope it’s the latter as they seem very intent on persisting with his push. He has a great look and I really enjoy his ring work, but on the whole I still feel like they’re placing too much stock in him at this stage of his career/ability level. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Outside of the Omega/Osprey/Knight promo going on forever, I mostly enjoyed Dynamite. Taz has been dreadful on commentary lately, imo. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 18 Awards Moderator Posted July 18 Who's Adam Brooks?! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.