FTR2020 Posted June 20 Posted June 20 52 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: They are on Amazon Prime too Oh ok. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 20 Posted June 20 FTR are going on hiatus with no set date to return, seems like they both just need a break away from wrestling for a while. Fair play to them, they've been going almost non-stop for close to a decade. Quote
FTR2020 Posted June 20 Posted June 20 1 minute ago, Merzbow said: FTR are going on hiatus with no set date to return, seems like they both just need a break away from wrestling for a while. Fair play to them, they've been going almost non-stop for close to a decade. They deserve a break. They have had some great matches vs Aussie Open. Briscoes, Young Bucks etc. We might see them back in WWE one day as they have done everything in AEW now. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 20 Paid Members Posted June 20 5 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Most of the AEW PPV's are missing their Zero Hour though, from what I have watched. I noticed with the new PPVs that I couldn't find the Zero Hour show (I watched the following day) then realised when I played the PPV, they've combined it with Zero Hour there rather than as a separate video. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 21 Author Paid Members Posted June 21 An OK Collision, and @HarmonicGenerator - I watched it on Roku again with no issues, so it seems likely the constant freezing actually is an iPad-specific issue. As for the show itself, I’m not even slightly convinced by this Maya World push, at least not at this point in her career. I’m all for an underdog story, but there are less green candidates on that roster to tell that story with if you really want to. Given that they seem to be keeping Mercedes heel, I think World might actually win the whole thing and I hope I’m wrong. Mercedes/Thekla is a dream match at this point and I really want to see it. World might become a tremendous wrestler in time, but right now she’s clearly still learning her craft. I think this should be the last ever Forbidden Door. At this point they just seem to be throwing matches on there featuring CMLL, Stardom and New Japan wrestlers with little to no build, and it’s hard to care. The other two companies don’t have enough in the way of big names to make that approach a viable one. I’d like to see them do more with Mina. She’s very over and solid enough in ring - I’m not saying make her your champion, but having her lose every match is pretty purposeless. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 13 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Mercedes/Thekla is a dream match at this point and I really want to see it They don't really have anything else they can run at All In at this point. Thekla is starting to get babyface reactions from her promos so I think the match will work. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 21 Posted June 21 As little interest as I personally have in Thekla Vs. Mercedes, I can't deny that it's the biggest match that they have for Wembley. They really need to separate Thekla from The Sisters of Cringe, though. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said: They really need to separate Thekla from The Sisters of Cringe, though. She seems to be spending less and less time with them each week so it seems like they're already doing a soft split. Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 Even if Maya needs a bit of work, this is what people wanted, an attempt to actually make a new star or give someone something to work with. You get a new act who can now mix with the other established names and who knows it might catch fire a bit. It's something I see people always banging on about, the need to try more to create newer stars to fill the gaps, so here they are. My one issue with Thekla/Mercedes atm is a heel/heel based match where we have to either pick a face or it's just "well, they both have their fans I guess". It's always a bit clunky for me. I have no clue why Mone has returned as a heel, losing all the belts should have been highlighted, and her being somewhat humbled and eating shit after being an arsehole on TV. Getting her mojo back because she IS great and can finally win the big belt. But... No, for some reason she's just back after 6 months away. Cool. . Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 I don't necessarily disagree Chilli but Mercedes is an excellent heel and a weak babyface so I can understand why she's back without any major character change. I'm all for AEW giving new people a chance to shine but the issue is giving new people a chance when you're not even effectively using the people you've already got. AEW is great at short pushes and pretty bad at consistent booking. Why give Maya World a chance when you've got Queen Animata sitting around doing nothing, for just one of hundreds of examples. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 21 Author Paid Members Posted June 21 28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I'm all for AEW giving new people a chance to shine but the issue is giving new people a chance when you're not even effectively using the people you've already got. AEW is great at short pushes and pretty bad at consistent booking. Why give Maya World a chance when you've got Queen Animata sitting around doing nothing, for just one of hundreds of examples. That’s exactly it - there’s plenty of depth on the women’s roster, but Maya World hasn’t shown enough to suggest she merits that kinda push over people like Aminata, Billie Starkz, Zayda Steel, Persephone or Harley Cameron for example. If Maya was absolutely smashing it in each match, I’d say go for it - but she seems very incomplete. She shouldn’t be anywhere near the World title at this point. Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 (edited) 54 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I don't necessarily disagree Chilli but Mercedes is an excellent heel and a weak babyface so I can understand why she's back without any major character change. Yeah, that's absolutely true. But that's her weakness then. To me (not that my opinion genuinely means anything), you have this heel covered in belts like Homer plated in gold, a big shit talking heel, she gets a big compuppance, loses ALL her titles and it seemingly does nothing to her mental state as a character, she's just back, and might win the big title at the biggest show of the year. It feels completely unearned given she failed rightly before. There's no earning the win for me and maybe they should have booked something else in the past then. It's not on Mone as a worker, she's the biz. But as a character, there's just fuck all in her potential title win. They had a great story and character advancement to tell I think, and they overlooked it for "oh work rate, she's that good" Edited June 21 by Chili Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 56 minutes ago, Chili said: They had a great story and character advancement to tell I think, and they overlooked it for "oh work rate, she's that good" That's AEW, baby. Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: That's AEW, baby. It is and it isn't though. What did all of Hangman's brilliant story arc's revolve around, character evolution and the consequences of a win/loss beat in the story. It's just so stupid potentially for the biggest heel in the woman's division last year who got a cathartic payoff of losing EVERYTHING that matters to her, comes back and possibly beats the new biggest heel, whilst still being a heel. It just gives me nothing to be interested in. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 4 minutes ago, Chili said: It is and it isn't though. What did all of Hangman's brilliant story arc's revolve around, character evolution and the consequences of a win/loss beat in the story. That's exactly it. AEW in a nutshell and why it's the most infuriating wrestling to watch ever because it can put on some of the best wrestling stories in history but also constantly fails to fulfil its full potential with inconsistency and booking matches over telling stories. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.