RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted June 23 Posted June 23 Second hour of tomorrow’s show is up against the first half of the Group A deciders in the World Cup which is why the show looks so stacked for a go home Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 12 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I hope they ditch the Forbidden Door concept next year, it feels more and more half-hearted every time they do it, and there’s less and less value to the matches on offer - particularly given that it’s not uncommon for external wrestlers to make cameo appearances anyway. The guest appearances pretty much all feel shoehorned in. I quite liked the Waffly Bollox podcast this week just calling it 'Door'. Quote
Infinity Land Posted June 24 Posted June 24 If the concept has been ditched. What does it matter. Do we really need another "Redemption" Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Yeah I say keep it, there will always be someone to wheel out for an interpromotional match. The card doesn't need to be full of them. Like Survivor Series from 1996 onwards. Alternative is you get some other event with a generic name that doesn't mean anything in it's place. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Just now, The King of Old School said: The card doesn't need to be full of them. Like Survivor Series from 1996 onwards. And that wasn't a good thing. Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 24 Posted June 24 (edited) 50 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: And that wasn't a good thing. No, I agree. But I would rather Survivor Series was kept around even if there is just 2 or 3 Survivors matches rather than be replaced by "Great Balls of Fire" or something. Same with Forbidden Door, there will always be someone to do a few interpromotional matches with so you might as well keep it. Better that than a generic ppv that means nothing, in my opinion of course Edited June 24 by The King of Old School Quote
Chili Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Same as others. I'd rather Forbidden Door with one or two bits and bobs in there than another PPV. It's never going to be mad as the first year or two. But also the complaint seems to generally be it's a dead concept Vs when they absolutely stack it, they get accused of muddying their current storylines. So nobody is really actually satisfied at the end of it, which is rare thing in online wrestling discussion. Quote
Infinity Land Posted June 24 Posted June 24 If they really wanted to try and reclaim the feeling. Book MSG. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 To be fair, I'm really looking forward to Omega/ZSJ, and it gives them a nice easy excuse to book that. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Also Thekla Vs. Starlight Kid, could be a banger. Taro Okada is getting a kicking on Sunday. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 Can't face Dynamite this week. It looks like a right slog. Billions of matches. I'm sure they are all excellent but not one really interests me much. Someone please point out any odd bits worth seeking out and I'll watch them on YouTube. Ta. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 25 Author Paid Members Posted June 25 34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Can't face Dynamite this week. It looks like a right slog. Billions of matches. I'm sure they are all excellent but not one really interests me much. Someone please point out any odd bits worth seeking out and I'll watch them on YouTube. Ta. It was a slog, it was basically all matches with predictable outcomes and little in the way of angles or mic work. I’ve been enjoying AEW more than some recently, but this was one of their most forgettable episodes in quite some time. It’s not what they needed heading into a PPV that feels as purposeless as Forbidden Door does. I’m particularly disappointed by the build to Omega/Sabre Jr - that’s a match I really wanted to see, but what they’ve done in the run-up has made it feel kind of uninteresting. And Mark Briscoe should be nowhere near a World title. Every time he picks up the mic it feels like he’s cutting the exact same promo even if he’s saying something different. They’re reducing any value he might have by placing him in a position he’s not well suited for. I’m also not sure I’d have had Harley Cameron defeat Marina Shafir. I like Harley a lot, but I think Shafir in the TBS title match makes it more interesting than having Harley in it, and having her take defeats like that makes her feel less dangerous than she should. All in all, if you watch anything, the opening match is fun. Outside of that, I’d not even bother to read the recap, there’s little of consequence that happens. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 9 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: it was basically all matches with predictable outcomes and little in the way of angles or mic work. I saw there was Swerve vs Garcia which with a storyline and build up would be a match I would be incredibly excited about. I'm not even sure I can be bothered to look up who wins. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 25 Author Paid Members Posted June 25 12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I saw there was Swerve vs Garcia which with a storyline and build up would be a match I would be incredibly excited about. I'm not even sure I can be bothered to look up who wins. Don’t get me wrong, the wrestling was pretty much all great, it’s just that it all felt very inconsequential. And the outcome of almost every match was obvious based on who is wrestling at the PPV. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 25 Posted June 25 That hype package of Maya World and Mercedes was fucking dreadful. The pair of them would struggle to get cast ahead of kids in a school play Osprey v ELP was like watching the same CAW where one was who you create the start of career mode the other was the one with all the unlockables added on as you work your way through the game. Totally forgettable 8 minutes for Marina Shafir vs Harley Cameron- Jesus Christ Tony I only see maybe 1 or 2 ZSJ matches a year, but unless it involves Bryan Danielson he just seems to have the exact same one every time, and it’s fucking boring. That couple with Stone Cold Bryce Remsburg shouting “try me! Try me!”, I gave up watching the show entirely. ZSJ had Jack in a submission on the floor and Remsburg started counting him down for a DQ? Since when has that ever been a thing? Excalibur said that he can’t win the match outside, but if ZSJ has a submission hold on, then it’s on Perry to get out of it regardless of position Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.