Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

What is it you watch it on? I usually watch it on a browser via an iPad, although I recently installed the Roku app so that might end up making a difference.

My Android phone.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Weird looking Collision. Surprised they didn't book Sabre Jnr vs Jack Perry.

Good Dynamite this week. I liked the unique structure of the show. Instead of the usual 5-6 matches doing one squash and 3 long matches surrounded by loads of promos and vignettes worked well.

I enjoyed the main event a lot in particular and it's got me excited about the Forbidden Door cage match. The tension between the various members of Team MJF/DCF adds an interesting layer. Good showcase for Jake Doyle who I'm becoming a fan of - he any good at promos? He could be a serious player if he can cut promos. 

The stipulation for the cage match is pretty weak though and doesn't really justify the match. If they changed it to a) a Team Briscoe win means every team member gets a World title shot and b) a MJF/DCF win means that as well as a big payout by MJF to the DCF that MJF joins The DCF I think that would have added a load of interest story and character intrigue to the match.

Also one of those big tags that AEW does that makes you think of a bunch of singles matches you hadn't considered but would love to see - what a roster!

Mercedes Mone is an excellent professional wrestler and AEW is lucky to have her. There was a moment in her brilliant match where she just brutally yanked her opponent into her submission finish that was just beautiful. 

The Swerve/Ospreay segment started off absolutely horrible with them clearly trying to make some kind of point but just stumbling all over the place but once they got past all that shite and started talking about the match itself I thought they (mainly Swerve) made it work. Although I think Ospreay has weirdly regressed promo wise since his return from injury.

I appreciate Cope and Christian embracing being old and incorporating it into the act rather than just doing a shit delusional greatest hits run (FUCK OFF JERICHO). The logic for their match with The Dogs is perfect - hey, you're young and hungry and trying to take our spots which is what you should be doing but these grumpy old men can still fight and we're not stepping aside for you.

The easy worst part of the show was the Omega opening stuff which was awkward and terrible and absolutely unnecessary. The match sells itself, you don't need Omega out there stumbling through bad promos while everyone stands around unsure of what they're supposed to be doing.

Another week and another great Thekla promo. Dropping the spooky stuff and just being an absolute gob shite has done wonders for her career.

And finally, I don't know why they don't book Bandido every week but I would really like them to give him The Big Push. People love this fucking guy. There's just something intangible about him. He's the Hero that wrestling needs and should be pushed to the moon.

Random fantasy booking idea: The Beast Mortos should join The Conglomeration. 

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Awards Moderator
Posted
11 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

What is it you watch it on? I usually watch it on a browser via an iPad, although I recently installed the Roku app so that might end up making a difference.

Same. I’ve always watched AEW on the iPad, whether it was ITV Player, Fite or Triller, and I can’t change now, but playing it through the browser is so much more awkward and I’m sure contributes to the freezes. How does the Roku app work?

 

Anyway, can’t wait to see how this week’s Hurt Syndicate match leads to them feuding with The Demand.

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, Chili said:

Yeah, I don't mind it, but I think @Supremohas heat stroke or something because I recall you bloody loved Mox in the CC. 

During the CC, I forgave Moxley wrestling endless TV matches as a meandering tweener because it was still fun to follow the fixtures and points. The problem is that we’re six months removed from the Continental Classic but Mox is still acting like he’s in it. It’s like him holding the belt has trapped us all inside his own imaginary CC. Has to wrestle all the fucking time. Almost every pay per view match must be built up by him having a time limit draw on TV the weeks previous.

My hope is he’ll finally lose the belt and return to being a normal wrestler, actually pick whether he’s a babyface or heel, and having a day off here and there. The only man I imagine hoping for it more than me is Tony Khan. Poor lad is getting so desperate for warm bodies for Mox to beat that he’s started digging into the ROH roster! Shane Taylor suddenly getting promoted to Dynamite, just because Mox wants to earn another imaginary three points.

Although, on the plus side, this does mean we’ll inevitably see Jon Silva on Dynamite or Collision soon. Love that guy.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Chili said:

Yeah, I don't mind it, but I think @Supremohas heat stroke or something because I recall you bloody loved Mox in the CC. 

During the CC, I forgave Moxley wrestling endless TV matches as a meandering tweener because it was still fun to follow the fixtures and points. The problem is that we’re six months removed from the Continental Classic but Mox is still acting like he’s in it. It’s like him holding the belt has trapped us all inside his own imaginary CC. Has to wrestle all the fucking time. Almost every pay per view match must be built up by him having a time limit draw on TV the weeks previous.

My hope is he’ll finally lose the belt and return to being a normal wrestler, actually pick whether he’s a babyface or heel, and have a day off here and there. The only man I imagine hoping for it more than me is Tony Khan. Poor lad is getting so desperate for warm bodies for Mox to beat that he’s started digging into the ROH roster! Shane Taylor suddenly getting promoted to Dynamite, just because Mox wants to earn another imaginary three points.

Although, on the plus side, this does mean we’ll inevitably see John Silva on Dynamite or Collision soon. Love that guy.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Same. I’ve always watched AEW on the iPad, whether it was ITV Player, Fite or Triller, and I can’t change now, but playing it through the browser is so much more awkward and I’m sure contributes to the freezes. How does the Roku app work?

Just like any other streaming service really - I actually subscribe through Apple, but it lets you set a password so you can use it on Roku anyway. As I mentioned, this was the first week on which I had no issues whatsoever so perhaps this is specific to the browser/ipad?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I watch MyAEW on my Mac and never have any trouble.

I’ve subscribed to the Subscription Plan that includes monthly pay per views. Is it normal to have full access to the pay per view archives with this plan? Or is Chris Masters gonna come knocking on my door?

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I watch MyAEW on my Mac and never have any trouble.

I’ve subscribed to the Subscription Plan that includes monthly pay per views. Is it normal to have full access to the pay per view archives with this plan? Or is Chris Masters gonna come knocking on my door?

Both the monthly PPV and annual plans include 'Select AEW TV & PPV archives'.

Posted

Been subbed to the monthly plan since day 1, and have always had access to the entire AEW PPV archive. 

Assuming it's worded 'Select PPV's' to separate AEW PPV's from the non AEW ones, like the recent CMLL PPV. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not seen this week's show yet, but saw a clip of the Ospreay promo with Tony Schiavone about his wedding etc. Not a fan, I feel like it's just not necessary and adds nothing to proceedings. Kinda gross and a bit too misogynistic for my taste.  

Posted
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Been subbed to the monthly plan since day 1, and have always had access to the entire AEW PPV archive. 

Assuming it's worded 'Select PPV's' to separate AEW PPV's from the non AEW ones, like the recent CMLL PPV. 

Is that the one that costs £17.99p a month ?

Posted
11 minutes ago, FTR2020 said:

Is that the one that costs £17.99p a month ?

Just checked and yeah that's the one.

Chucked on All In 2024 and All Out 2023, to make sure. Only stuff not included is the recent CMLL PPV and upcoming Produce PPV's. 

Most of the AEW PPV's are missing their Zero Hour though, from what I have watched. 

Feels like MyAEW, is slowly trying to fill in for Triller as far as wrestling goes. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just checked and yeah that's the one.

Chucked on All In 2024 and All Out 2023, to make sure. Only stuff not included is the recent CMLL PPV and upcoming Produce PPV's. 

Most of the AEW PPV's are missing their Zero Hour though, from what I have watched. 

Feels like MyAEW, is slowly trying to fill in for Triller as far as wrestling goes. 

They might be exclusive to YouTube.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...