The King Of Swing Posted June 13 Posted June 13 (edited) Hoping either Maya or Hazuki win the Women's Owen. Maya could be a great underdog story, where as with Hazuki, Thekla has a feud with Stardom going on. Couldn't care less about Thekla Vs. Mercedes/Athena. Edited June 13 by The King Of Swing Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 13 Paid Members Posted June 13 On 6/12/2026 at 5:15 PM, Supremo said: I refuse to be too negative about a show where Orange Cassidy ripped his jeans off to reveal more jeans underneath. A spot as good as that in the Dark Days between 2010 and 2019 would’ve been enough to keep my fandom alive for a solid year or two. I started that match annoyed that they hadn't even tried to make a brief comedy bit out of Orange choosing to stay in the ring after his "run"-in because he was too lazy to go back and do his entrance, but they made up for it in spades with that. I genuinely LOL'd which is very rare with wrestling. Not unrelated to the tropes discussion- given he didn't even come out until after the ad break anyway (which presumably they sold as "making you wait"), why the fuck did they do the usual old wrestling thing of MJF's music hitting the second his name has been invoked? Have Briscoe call him out, throw to the break and then hit the music after (when he could very conceivably have made his way to the entrance). I do enjoy a Moxley/Death Riders entrance that starts outside the building - I like the concept of them setting up their own space in each arena, but I don't so much like the implication they take time to set up a bunch of red lighting too. The entrances from outside are always cool - I'd be tempted to get them a grotty looking bus/truck to start from, as if they travel around from place to place in it together. A mobile dojo. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 14 Awards Moderator Posted June 14 (edited) Collision was much better than Dynamite this week. For a long time I’ve been quite down on Shane Taylor Promotions. Whenever they’ve shown up they’ve tended to have the ROH stink on them, and whenever I hear “STP” I naturally think of sticky toffee pudding first. But over the past couple of weeks they’ve done a great job at making them seem like viable AEW stars, and it paid off in that main event, which I thought was fantastic. AEW are just excellent at these multi man wild brawls and this was a great one. Everyone put a shift in. I’ve long stopped trying to figure out what the Death Riders actually are and just take them from match to match, which makes them much more enjoyable, and STP held their own against them believably. Great stuff from the moment the outside the arena entrance got interrupted until the bloody end. There’s a channel on Instagram called STP Review where sticky toffee puddings are reviewed and rated. Tony Khan, I know you visit the UKFF. I’m telling you, when you come to London in August, I demand a collaboration. STP tries STP. Crumble, bad man, crumble. Edited June 14 by HarmonicGenerator Quite hungry now Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 14 Paid Members Posted June 14 (edited) That main event was so goddamn good. This STP push has come out of nowhere but I think I like these guys. Nasty, mean fuckers. Marina Shafir is also brilliant in these types of matches. I love her so much. Edited June 14 by LaGoosh Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 14 Posted June 14 (edited) Thekla was also great this week. Though with Thekla constantly shitting on Stardom and Okada (not that Okada) being in attendance at FD, I'm wondering if Starlight Kid will take the belt and then lose it back to her shortly after, possibly in Japan. That or a Dusty finish. Would be weird for Okada to let AEW completely punk Stardom out, without getting any kind of payback. Edited June 14 by The King Of Swing Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 14 Paid Members Posted June 14 They may have ultimately the match, but going to-to-toe with the Death Riders like that will surely have established Shane Taylor Promotions as a new major force in AEW. At least, I assume that's what'll happen. They won't just disappear for months now, resurfacing randomly the autumn to do a quick job to a midcard act, right...? Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted June 14 Posted June 14 Nah, Ogogo will have a brief stint at All In probably as you know he's a local boy and all that... Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 14 Author Paid Members Posted June 14 I was impressed once again with Zayda Steel, and I hope they do more with her. She’s really talented in ring, and if she has anything about her on the mic, there’s a lot of value to her. That said, they’d be mad to put the TBS title on anyone other than Shida. She’s one of the best characters in wrestling right now. I remain unconvinced by STP, although the main event was enjoyable. I do, however, think Lee Moriarty has enormous potential. When Bryan Danielson was talking about the potential of the Blackpool Combat Club, he specifically name-checked Wheeler Yuta, Daniel Garcia and Lee Moriarty. For whatever reason, Moriarty hasn’t had the same success as the other two, and every time I see him I don’t understand why. He’s really, really good and he seems to be able to cut a decent promo too. I could see Maya World making her way to the final of the Owen, but I don’t think she should. Maybe it doesn’t matter if Mercedes is going over anyway, but I’m not sure someone that green should be beating Athena. I thought both women cut decent promos though, I just think Maya’s ring work leaves a lot to be desired at this stage. Kyle O’Reilly is doing a tremendous job at making me question my long-held belief that Roderick Strong is the worst character in wrestling. ‘Dong Phallus Family’? Jesus Christ. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 15 Paid Members Posted June 15 (edited) Holy shit. I think it’s actually happening! Gonna have to start looking at London Airbnbs. If they deliver anything even close to that rope break in their Forbidden Door match I’ll need to be there in person. Remains one of the greatest nearfalls of all time. Edited June 15 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 15 Author Paid Members Posted June 15 43 minutes ago, Supremo said: Holy shit. I think it’s actually happening! It surely must be - Omega keeps bringing up MJF and the World title and did it again on Collision. They won’t stop hinting at it to the point I can’t imagine they’re doing something different. 45 minutes ago, Supremo said: Gonna have to start looking at London Airbnbs. If they deliver anything even close to that rope break in their Forbidden Door match I’ll need to be there in person. Remains one of the greatest nearfalls of all time. Yeah, I regret not booking leave from work now. A colleague of mine has got those dates booked to go to London…and he isn’t even going to see All In. What a waste of a trip! Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 16 Paid Members Posted June 16 Coming up this week... Once they have chosen their respective teams... Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 17 Author Paid Members Posted June 17 I’m a little bit disappointed that the Swerve/Ospreay match is coming in the Owen, and I hope it’s booked in a way that allows for a longer feud between the two either before or after Ospreay (presumably) holds the title. The relationship between the two last year creates the foundation for a strong and compelling storyline. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 17 Paid Members Posted June 17 What is that 12 man tag all about? Weird booking, that. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 17 Paid Members Posted June 17 (edited) TK's too invested in the World Cup to think too much about booking AEW I reckon. Doing the Forbidden Door match sans cage requires little thinking about, and a 12 man tag you can send them out there to fill an hour. Get Ghana-Panama on the monitors in gorilla. Edited June 17 by Statto Wrong game. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 17 Paid Members Posted June 17 Seems a big ask to have Foley work a regular 12-man tag on TV and the big cage match at the pay view. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.