Paid Members Chris B Posted June 5 Paid Members Posted June 5 I think one of the big things about the tickets is the way they've changed the prices at previous ones - I was certainly feeling burned in previous years, fully aware people who paid a lot less were in better seats. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people are holding off until closer to the time. I am. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 5 Paid Members Posted June 5 That's exactly what I'm doing. Also the big matches will sell it for me. Not too fussed about going if it's MJF/Ospreay but Omega/Ospreay and I'll definitely be there. Quote
Joe Blog Posted June 5 Posted June 5 7 hours ago, Supremo said: I have seen this picture before but has Show ever said what was going on with his hips/legs here? He looks like he has put his back out and is having to lean over to compensate for it. Poor sod. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted June 5 Posted June 5 His knee is/was just fucked, isn't it? Don't think there's any more to it than that. Looks identical to Nash's knee before he got it sorted (can't work out how to post the image, but you can see the before/after here - https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/wwe-icon-kevin-nash-unveils-body-transformation/news-story/1ec17346403dd425f9f4b57a2256682c?amp) Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 Finally watched Dynamite. Another week of excellent matches, weird production tics and a baffling overall creative direction that leaves me feeling a bit flat. The main things that stood out to me: - Rush/MJF was a brilliant brawl, one of both men's best matches ever in the company and a sign that Rush works in AEW as an upper card guy. Real emotion in this. Loved Rush having to pop his own arm back in and it playing into the end of the match. Hope they've got more planned for Rush and he doesn't just disappear back into limbo. - Lio Rush is half a gimmick at the moment. He's just a fucking weirdo. But there's no explanation or depth to it. What is the character? Has Lio Rush had a mental breakdown? Possessed by a demon? Split personality? It's got potential but it's too vague so it's hard to see where you can go with it. - the match was decent but is Mark Briscoe going 50/50 for 15 minutes with a comedy character really the best way to set him up for a World title shot? This match killed the hot crowd a fair bit and I don't blame them. They could have achieved everything they wanted out of this in 5 minutes. - good promo afterwards but the awful Briscoe/MJF feud is still fresh in everyone's minds so impossible to be excited about that. - Speedball/Knight was excellent. They really sold how the former partners knew eachothers every move and pulled off brilliant counter sequences without it feeling like choreographed nonsense. They laid everything in. These two were brilliant signings for the company. - Knight joining the DCF doesn't work for me. Almost every heel of note in the company is now in the DCF and it's limiting the stories they can tell across the shows. - Ospreay/Davis was another fantastic matche and I loved all the ending shenanigans. Pure fun. Fletcher is getting incredible heat - I think this is his year. He's the next big heel for the company and should be the top guy by 2027. The faction wars stuff is very muddled and confusing. Ospreay should be wrestling more like a high spot Hulk Hogan than trying to incorporate fighting spirit/dodgy MMA stuff into his act. - we should never take AEW for granted. WWE has one actually good match in a year and everyone goes bananas for it. AEW is giving us multiple brilliant matches every week! But... - ...as good as the roster is the overall booking picture is so muddled, rudderless and flat. They're not actively doing horrendous WWE 2021 or late WCW booking but it's all a bit of a vague mess at the moment. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 6 Posted June 6 Hopefully things settle down once Forbidden Door, is out of the way. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 An evergreen post at this time of year, that... As a child of the 80s, I'm not opposed in principle to an "every heel has a manager" model. It'd just help if 95% weren't managed by the same bloke. Random thought that just occurred while typing that - if almost every heel of note does have to be associated with the Don Callis Family, it might not hurt to add a secondary manager to the group a la Madusa in the Dangerous Alliance. Just so it's not always Don. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 If Adam Cole is done as a wrestler he'd make a decent manager I think, either heel or babyface. Or Britt Baker as a manager possibly. She's an awful wrestler but a good heel personality. It could work. Quote
AshC Posted June 6 Posted June 6 1 hour ago, Statto said: As a child of the 80s, I'm not opposed in principle to an "every heel has a manager" model. It'd just help if 95% weren't managed by the same bloke. Random thought that just occurred while typing that - if almost every heel of note does have to be associated with the Don Callis Family, it might not hurt to add a secondary manager to the group a la Madusa in the Dangerous Alliance. Just so it's not always Don. Shame Boycie is no longer with us, could have built to All In against the John Challis Family. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 Only 2 matches announced for Collision so far: Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 5 hours ago, LaGoosh said: If Adam Cole is done as a wrestler he'd make a decent manager I think, either heel or babyface. Or Britt Baker as a manager possibly. She's an awful wrestler but a good heel personality. It could work. Britt might fit the mould if you were full-on ripping off the Madusa/Dangerous Alliance model, actually. It's low hanging fruit to suggest they should make Adam Cole Keith Lee's manager, isn't it...? They could cut his hair and change his name while they're at it. Quote
Ulf ist Gut Posted June 6 Posted June 6 (edited) 10 hours ago, Statto said: An evergreen post at this time of year, that... As a child of the 80s, I'm not opposed in principle to an "every heel has a manager" model. It'd just help if 95% weren't managed by the same bloke. Random thought that just occurred while typing that - if almost every heel of note does have to be associated with the Don Callis Family, it might not hurt to add a secondary manager to the group a la Madusa in the Dangerous Alliance. Just so it's not always Don. Someone like Rocky Romero could probably do a decent job of that with the benefit of being small enough to make guys like Doyle and Davis look even bigger when stood next to them. I know it risks bring Malaki back as well but I always liked Zelina Vega with Andrade in NXT so if they can find a way to get her in without him she could be another option, either with Andrade again to stop him getting distracted by the ladies at ringside or some other upper/mid carders who need a mouthpiece and someone who can get involved physically when needed. Edited June 6 by Ulf ist Gut Typo fix - who the fuck is Andrande... Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 7 Paid Members Posted June 7 On 6/5/2026 at 10:46 AM, Supremo said: Incredible shout. I hadn’t even considered getting Mick in. That feels like a genuine draw. I wonder if they could even involve Darby to make it a six-man and dilute it even more to help hide how limited Mick is. Just a shame I can’t think of any heels to add to MJF/Swerve. Name finally came to me - Jon Moxley. Loved that little angle Mox and Foley shot in the hotel lobby before Dean Ambrose made it to the main roster. Always felt like a huge missed opportunity. I wonder who owns that footage? It never made it on to WWE television and looked like something someone just shot on their phone. Tony should buy it and close that loop. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 7 Author Paid Members Posted June 7 (edited) 19 hours ago, Ulf ist Gut said: Someone like Rocky Romero could probably do a decent job of that with the benefit of being small enough to make guys like Doyle and Davis look even bigger when stood next to them. I was thinking that too - he’d be good as a manager in his own right, maybe even alongside Trent as co-managers for a stable. Romero is a really good promo and I’d like to see him leave the family. To be honest, I’d like to see Don Callis take an extended break, he’s about as stale an act as AEW has right now. Collision was fun, and I’m left wondering now if they actually are going to do Thekla/Mone, given that Mercedes still appears to be a heel. If you don’t do that match, the alternatives are very underwhelming. The Survival of the Fittest promo was great, with Shida once again shining bright. I can’t help but think they’re underutilising Zayda Steel pretty enormously too. Her ring work is impressive and she seems to be a very good promo. I hope she gets given an opportunity because she’s earned one at this point in my view. The Dogs are great. People rag on David Finlay, but he’s won me over. Clark Connors is the stand-out, but they work very well together. They’re not going to beat C&C and nor should they, but I can absolutely see them becoming tag champs in the future. Shane Taylor Promotions is one of the most confusing acts in AEW for me in that I don’t know what the fuck they are supposed to be. Outside of Lee Moriarty - who is great - I’ve no idea who the other members are. Are the two female members wrestlers? What is the gimmick with this group, if there even is one? The word ‘Promotions’ suggests to me there is, but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Get Moriarty away from them and have him do something better. That’s quite the demotion for Rush after his excellent title match with MJF. I’m not his biggest fan, but surely they’re best to keep him strong after that and take advantage of the momentum he’d built up? Divine Dominion continues to be excellent, and Tay Melo’s reaction after the Maytag left me wondering if Anna Jay hadn’t actually signed a new contract as I’d assumed and if this was TayJay’s last match together. If it was just acting, well done her, she had me fooled. Edited June 7 by RedTwoster Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 7 Awards Moderator Posted June 7 (edited) Nice to see a few reminders of the Dark/Rampage days with the enhancement guys on this show. Beef and Alan Angels! Highlight of the show obviously Nigel quoting Springsteen’s ‘Youngstown’. I always liked that Nigel McGuinness. Edited June 7 by HarmonicGenerator Here in northeast Ohio, back in 1803 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.