Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was going to say something snarky about them hyping Lee Moriarty in action, but I ended up going down a rabbit hole of his work and promo work in ROH, only to realise he’s actually really good. Given that their big young hope seems to be Kevin Knight, who is mediocre at best on the mic, it’s wild that someone this good - and of a similar age - is on the bench. I’d be well up for seeing him get a chance on the main roster.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Lee Moriarty and The Infantry are both decent, hoping they'll use them more to beef up Collision. 

Weird that Brian Cage returned but he's not with The Don Callis Family anymore. Him and Archer were a fun team, they should bring that back.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

It might be that Moriarty and the Infantry are really good. But they’ve got such strong ROH stink on them, I could only start to believe it if they appear regularly for a sustained period and are presented with their AEW stories as a priority, like Bandido last year. If they turn up for a week or two then vanish for a couple of months before they turn up again, and were expected to watch ROH in the meantime, then I just can’t care.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It might be that Moriarty and the Infantry are really good. But they’ve got such strong ROH stink on them, I could only start to believe it if they appear regularly for a sustained period and are presented with their AEW stories as a priority, like Bandido last year. If they turn up for a week or two then vanish for a couple of months before they turn up again, and were expected to watch ROH in the meantime, then I just can’t care.

Given that he clearly wants to make ROH a thing, it’s kind of mad that AEW Dark had a better track record for producing main roster-level talent than that show does. The Gunns, The Acclaimed, Will Hobbs, Julia Hart and others. Bandido and Mark Briscoe obviously came through ROH, but they were both known quantities so I’m not sure I should even count them. You could argue that ROH and Dark serve different purposes, but Dark in hindsight seems the more valuable of the two.

Posted

Immediately jumping to the gimmick match and Shida already taking the loss. Yeah I'm assuming that she won't be doing much of interest, going forward. 

Hope I'm proven wrong. Shida has been good fun since returning. 

Some bright spots but ultimately a pretty boring three hours. 

Upcoming Collision looks tasty though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Collision…Kyle O’Reilly had the opportunity to say ‘Dong Phallus Family’ twice. That pretty much sums up just how bad an episode of television this was. 

Combining O’Reilly with Strong is like trying to make toothache better by having someone kick you full force in the mouth. Except in that situation you might have the good fortune of passing out, I ended up watching a show that those fuckwits were all over. I can’t comment on the good stuff because the bad stuff was so awful I couldn’t enjoy anything else.

The MyAEW stream froze three times during the show, and normally I’d complain about that, but I can’t rule out this being my iPad trying to stop itself from going through this utter misery of an episode.

Posted
2 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Collision…Kyle O’Reilly had the opportunity to say ‘Dong Phallus Family’ twice. That pretty much sums up just how bad an episode of television this was. 

Combining O’Reilly with Strong is like trying to make toothache better by having someone kick you full force in the mouth. Except in that situation you might have the good fortune of passing out, I ended up watching a show that those fuckwits were all over. I can’t comment on the good stuff because the bad stuff was so awful I couldn’t enjoy anything else.

The MyAEW stream froze three times during the show, and normally I’d complain about that, but I can’t rule out this being my iPad trying to stop itself from going through this utter misery of an episode.

Blimey, I'm trying to imagine how you react if you didn't like them.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Blimey, I'm trying to imagine how you react if you didn't like them.

Honestly, it was fucking awful. I’m bunged up with Covid, I’ve earache and no energy whatsoever. And comparatively, it’s been a fun old time compared to that episode. 

I did like Lio Rush though, he’s a delightful little weirdo.

Posted
15 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Honestly, it was fucking awful. I’m bunged up with Covid, I’ve earache and no energy whatsoever. And comparatively, it’s been a fun old time compared to that episode. 

I did like Lio Rush though, he’s a delightful little weirdo.

Ahhh, hopefully a speedy recovery pal.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Chili said:

Ahhh, hopefully a speedy recovery pal.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. It sucks, but it absolutely could be worse.

Posted
21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

 

Weird that Brian Cage returned but he's not with The Don Callis Family anymore. Him and Archer were a fun team, they should bring that back.

He still is, isn't he ?

He came out with a couple of the Don Callis family when he returned, and he tagged with Jake Doyle who's in the DCF last night.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
50 minutes ago, Zaheer said:

He still is, isn't he ?

He came out with a couple of the Don Callis family when he returned, and he tagged with Jake Doyle who's in the DCF last night.

I’d prefer they went back to Davis & Doyle, as they worked really well together, and pop Cage with Archer to have a couple of strong DCF duos (Trent and Rocky don’t count, nor does Protokada). But Cage & Doyle will do for now.

Posted
28 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’d prefer they went back to Davis & Doyle, as they worked really well together, and pop Cage with Archer to have a couple of strong DCF duos (Trent and Rocky don’t count, nor does Protokada). But Cage & Doyle will do for now.

Or Brian will tag with Jake a couple of times then it'll be forgotten about like his team with Big Cass and then Lance Archer 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Zaheer said:

Or Brian will tag with Jake a couple of times then it'll be forgotten about like his team with Big Cass and then Lance Archer 

I have no recollection whatsoever of Cage and Cass teaming, that’s mad. I’m a bit disappointed the Davis and Doyle tag team has seemingly been disbanded. Cage and Doyle are a risky combination given how injury prone they both are. I’d have to imagine you’re spot on about their longevity.

Also, it seems likely that the main reason Chris Jericho is feuding with Ciampa is because he is also bald. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will culminate in a very ill-advised hair vs beard match.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...