Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 20 hours ago, jm29195 said: This is pretty much what I figured. So I sent the Firestick back and ordered a Roku, which came today. And success! All working now, thanks to everyone who gave advice here. Now to catch up on the probable 10 hours of content I've missed since last Wednesday š If only On 5/23/2026 at 4:13 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: Thereās an app on Amazon Fire. Just search Kiswee. It runs on internet browsers too Anyway glad you got it sorted with a Roku. Did you notice the picture was better than on Triller? That was my first thing I notedĀ Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 Very much one for a minor annoyances thread, but I'm always a little disappointed when they have one of these 3-hour blocks and they don't give it a name/theme. Quote
jm29195 Posted May 27 Posted May 27 3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: If only Anyway glad you got it sorted with a Roku. Did you notice the picture was better than on Triller? That was my first thing I notedĀ Well I've been relentlessly avoiding spoilers and have only just got to Zero Hour, after watching a 3 hour Dynamite and Collision block.... In terms of the differences, yes 100% the picture quality is better, plus no buffering or bits where it randomly repeated itself for no reason. A much better viewing experience so far! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 28 Paid Members Posted May 28 Omega and Mox as the angel and devil on Ospreay's shoulders...they can't keep teasing it if they're not going to do it...OMEGA vs OSPREAY at ALL IN it's gonna' happen! Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 28 Posted May 28 I read yesterday that Fight for the Fallen will likely now be an ALS awareness show and will be a show of support for Rebel, which is fantastic and shows that TK deals with things with so much class.Ā Ā https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony-khan-reveals-idea-for-next-aew-fight-for-the-fallen/ Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 28 Author Paid Members Posted May 28 Letās start off with the MyAEW freeze count. It happened 3 times during the show, including during a break with the timer counting forward anyway, meaning it looked like it was playing when it wasnāt. Five minutes in I realised something wasnāt right. Iām not sure how common this issue is, but I hope they sort it out. The other freezes came during Jericho/Ricochet and Perry/Davis. Secondly, Kevin Knightās explanation was a confused mess. He did it because he thought he should have had the āopportunityā instead of Darby? Opportunity for what? Did he forget that MJF wasnāt the defending champion when he said that? If he had been facing MJF, the only title that could have been on the line was the TNT title. He almost stumbled upon a fun explanation - that being that he did it for the fans, because Darby had let them down and that he was on their side. He should have stuck with that. For the time being he could do with a manager, and it shouldnāt be Don fucking Callis.Ā The show was a bit of a missed opportunity to capitalise on the interest sparked by DoN. Most of the show was fine, but they didnāt give you many reasons to feel gripped by whatever is to come. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 28 Paid Members Posted May 28 yeah, I thought that was quite a rough show, and felt like TEW booking with the amount of matches set up with no real build behind them. Kevin Knight's promo was rough. One of the beautiful things about working heel is that your motivation doesn't actually need to be consistent, so there's that, but something I dislike with AEW is that they rarely have someone try and contradict a heel when they're talking out of their arse - how did nobody across this whole show point out that Kevin KnightĀ didĀ get a title shot against Darby Allin, and he lost? So then the motivation is "Kevin Knight is angry that Darby Allin couldn't beat MJF, but he could", which as you say, makes no sense when Darby is the champion - it's not a Death Riders situation where they're collectively trying to get the belt off of the heel. It also means Kevin's motivation is tied up with MJF, and why bother teasing a match or some kind of dissension between two heels so soon after one of them turned? They should have kept the focus on building to Kevin Knight vs. Speedball, as those bits were strong. As ever, everything in-ring was good. Everything else felt very iffy. Even the Omega/Ospreay segment, which I loved, was marred by the Death Riders making it needlessly complicated - "you never asked me for help" would be a better angle for Kenny to take against Will if Will wasĀ feudingĀ with the Death Riders, rather than teaming with them. The pre-match segment of the Death Riders clearly not treating Will as one of his own, combined with that segment with Kenny, just makes Will look thick as pigshit, which he may well be, but it's not a great look for a babyface and anointed future champion. Moxley sticking his nose into the segment, too, reminds me that once upon a time he was a guy so feared and hated that the entire locker room were prepared to unite against him, but now he's just an annoying co-worker butting into your private conversations. I always have a Trios Title gripe. This week, it's that not only was Trios champion Orange Cassidy booked in a random four-way rather than a Trios match, he wasn't even carrying the belt (backpack or not), and Justin Roberts didn't even announce him as a Trios champion! I don't know if the run-ins in this match were to set up a Conglomeration/Don Callis Family match for the Trios belts, or just to play into the Takeshita/Fletcher segment later, maybe a little of both, though a combination of Cage, Doyle, and either Lance Archer or Rocky Romero feels very B-Team - Doyle was a great tag partner for Mark Davis, but Davis is having such a great singles run now that it basically feels like starting from square one again with Jake. Speaking of the Takeshita segment, I thought he did a great job on the mic, but he shouldn't be backed up by the Conglomeration - the visual at this stage in the story should be that Takeshita is standing on his own two feet and fighting alone for the first time, he shouldn't have people backing him up. When he eventuallyĀ doesĀ find common ground with someone, it should be The Elite. Ciampa attacking Jericho felt out of nowhere. Ricochet was a smart first programme for Jericho - they both have plenty of material to work, there's lackeys to provide a bunch of smoke and mirrors, he's a pretty much bulletproof heel - but I don't know whether Ciampa will be anything like as good for him; he's been a great addition to AEW, but I think he gets overshadowed personality-wise by Jericho, and Jericho will struggle to keep up on the workrate front, nor is there really a natural story there. I'd love to be surprised, but it doesn't get me excited. Speaking of set-ups out of nowhere - The Dogs attacking Cope and Cage. So I guess they're going to be the first challengers for the tag belts, then. Maybe don't have them lose in the pre-show of the PPV right before you set that up, then? In fact, this particular combination of Finlay and Connors have only ever wonĀ oneĀ match as a tag team, and that was in March. My fears for an MJF title reign was that there wasn't anything new for him to do, that in terms of stories, matches, and promos, he would just be retreading old ground. So while I was pleasantly surprised that they remembered Rush was challenging for the belt, the whole Mark Briscoe segment before that did nothing to make me want to see that feud revisited. The worst instincts of both men on full display. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 28 Author Paid Members Posted May 28 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: My fears for an MJF title reign was that there wasn't anything new for him to do, that in terms of stories, matches, and promos, he would just be retreading old ground. So while I was pleasantly surprised that they remembered Rush was challenging for the belt, the whole Mark Briscoe segment before that did nothing to make me want to see that feud revisited. The worst instincts of both men on full display. Mark Briscoe is a rambling mess of a character, I donāt think he should be anywhere near the World title, and thankfully he generally isnāt. If he wrestles MJF, I hope itās on TV, and is a one-and-done affair. Quote
Cheeky Boy Posted May 28 Posted May 28 3 hours ago, BomberPat said: Moxley sticking his nose into the segment, too, reminds me that once upon a time he was a guy so feared and hated that the entire locker room were prepared to unite against him, but now he's just an annoying co-worker butting into your private conversations. If Moxley's post-title-loss descent had continued, when death riders were giving each other the side-eye to his David Brent antics, I think annoying co-worker Moxley awkwardly interrupting private conversations up and down the card would have worked perfectly. Sometimes intense heel; sometimes tummy-tickling face Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 28 Posted May 28 I don't think I've had any issues with MyAEW, however I don't watch live so can't comment on livestreams.Ā Some glitches during DoN, I might be wrong but those seemed like issues with the actual broadcast.Ā Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 28 Author Paid Members Posted May 28 4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: I don't think I've had any issues with MyAEW, however I don't watch live so can't comment on livestreams.Ā Some glitches during DoN, I might be wrong but those seemed like issues with the actual broadcast.Ā None of the issues Iāve had have come watching live (Iām yet to try that) - it basically freezes randomly and the only way to get it to restart is to refresh the page. Itās really fucking annoying. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: None of the issues Iāve had have come watching live (Iām yet to try that) - it basically freezes randomly and the only way to get it to restart is to refresh the page. Itās really fucking annoying. Ā Not had a single issue live. But watched Dynamite this morning and it was a shamblesĀ Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 The usual predictable letdown Dynamite after a hot PPV, say it ain't so! Following up your big show with an awkard promo segment with two mid-carders (why was Speedball wearingĀ thatĀ outfit the absolute goon) and then a 20 minute Jericho match was definitely not a wise choice. I thought there was plenty of decent stuff over the three hours but the lay out of the show was pretty awful and made it harder to watch than it should have been. If they moved things around and tweaked a few bits to make it smoother then it would have been a pretty good show. They should really have set up MJF's next PPV opponent on this show - a return to Mark Briscoe and a Rush match we know he's not going to win was a poor move. Quote
The King of Old School Posted May 29 Posted May 29 MJF vs Mark Briscoe at Forbidden Door would be a horrible choice, seen enough of them two interacting to last a life time. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.