Cannibal Man Posted May 16 Posted May 16 Ban the sock, the hawaiian shirts, the sweatpants and the bum bags, pay to use Born To Be Wild and don't make him an authority figure and i'd happily have a bit of Mick Foley in AEW. No smiling or laughing or jokes or any of that shite either. No plugs for anything, neither of his kids on the show. All that out the way and it'll be absolutely fine. No acknowledgement of anything he did after February 1999 aswell. THEN it'll be fine. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 16 Posted May 16 Fuck me that's a rough looking Collision and I'm one of the bigger Collision cheerleaders around. Though I'll never say no to the STP crew making an appearance and a Divine Dominion squash. Silver linings and all that. Sammy getting a title shot though. Fuck right off. Quote
NeverYield Posted May 16 Posted May 16 Agree regarding Sammy getting a title shot. Cant stand him 🤣 Quote
Doog Posted May 16 Posted May 16 As much as I am actually enjoying Darbys run more than I thought I would, and him being a mad fucker defending the belt against anyone fits true to his character, there is a major logic gap im struggling to get over. Especially now even Sammy Guevara is getting a bloody title shot. You've got Swerve saying he needs to win the World Title and that's why hes in the Owen, same with Ospreay, yet then you have the likes of PAC, Guevara and others just coming out, and getting a shot. Youve got a Champion handing out title shots to anyone that challenges him like its going out of fashion, so why doesn't Swerve or Ospreay, I dunno, instead of pissing about just come out and challenge Darby, even fucking Mike Bailey is fancying calling his shot. It just doesn't make sense, Darbys taking on everyone, so why is it only people who are essentially at TNT Title level or below that are getting the shots. I know why, in terms of the story they want to tell, and with MJF obviously being the endgame and probably taking the title, but it doesn't fit as to why the likes of Swerve, Ospreay, Mox, Omega, any of the actual big stars, dont just come in and challenge the beatable Champion. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 17 Posted May 17 It would be hilarious if they swerved everyone and had Sammy take the title. Collective 'WTF?' From the entire wrestling fan base Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 17 Posted May 17 Well yeah, was a tongue-in-cheek comment but it would definitely shock everyone and not necessarily in a good way! Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 17 Posted May 17 Do you know how you hear that refs are told to 'just count the three' even if theres been a fuck up, to protect the integrity of the performance? And that is up to the wrestlers not to fuck up? Yeah, i suspect ahead of Darby v Sammy for the World Title the ref will have been taken aside and told to forget all he's been taught. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 17 Paid Members Posted May 17 Remarkable how little Sammy Guevara has developed, changed or improved since his AEW debut. A man frozen in time. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 17 Author Paid Members Posted May 17 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Remarkable how little Sammy Guevara has developed, changed or improved since his AEW debut. A man frozen in time. I feel like he’s gone backwards. I’ve no idea what he’s supposed to be now, but he’s removed every aspect of him that made him seem like he had potential. I still think there’s something there with him, but you have to look pretty fucking hard to find it. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 17 Paid Members Posted May 17 (edited) From Fairway to Hell last week, to a show headlined by Sammy Guevara? Edited May 17 by Supremo Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 17 Posted May 17 To be fair outside of Sammy getting a World title match in 2026 and not giving a shit about The Opps match, that was more watchable than I was expecting. Nice little brawl between Brisco and Cimapa Liked Mox's promo. Decent Divine Dominion squash. Couple of fun trios matches. Willow Vs. Velvet was a solid effort. Fair play to Leo Rush, he's really throwing himself into the gimmick. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 17 Paid Members Posted May 17 I couldn’t give a fuck about Anthony Bowens joining The Ops, but now they’ve re-abandoned The Acclaimed, I’m hoping we see a return of Max Caster’s Open Challenge. A genuine highlight of almost every show. He’s the Best Wrestler Alive™! Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 17 Paid Members Posted May 17 The fact they've ported the "Who can survive five" thing to Divine Dominion makes me think Max'll be in NXT by year's end, sadly. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 (edited) 10 hours ago, Supremo said: I couldn’t give a fuck about Anthony Bowens joining The Ops, but now they’ve re-abandoned The Acclaimed, I’m hoping we see a return of Max Caster’s Open Challenge. A genuine highlight of almost every show. He’s the Best Wrestler Alive™! Max Caster has completely vanished from TV so I assume either his contract is coming up and he hasn't signed a new one so they've dropped him from telly or there's some personal issue so they've put him on the sidelines. A massive shame either way, Caster is really great and deserves something to do on TV every week. He's the type of guy who is never going to main event a PPV but will always find something fun and worthwhile to do. He's also a far better wrestler than people give him credit for. Imagine if they gave all the TV time they've wasted on the Rascals and The Dogs to Max Caster instead?! All of our lives would have been measurably improved. Edited May 18 by LaGoosh Quote
Merzbow Posted May 18 Posted May 18 Four years ago today that Konosuke Takeshita had his first Dynamite match against Hangman Page, I'm biased but he was ready to be high up the card even back then. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.