Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

That was so much fun. The National Title is a bit shit, but I can’t deny that I was delighted for Mark Davis who has really come into his own as of late. In spite of it being a nothing belt, he actually does benefit from holding it. 

The main event was predictable, but a lot of fun. You can always rely on PAC for a banger, and this was exactly that. I’m disappointed that Okada has been replaced on Wednesday as I was really looking forward to that, but this will almost certainly be a better match given how fantastic Takeshita is. I would still prefer to see Okada win the belt from Darby than MJF, but I’m fairly certain now that this won’t be happening.

That said, the Darby title run is going so well I’m starting to wonder if he’s actually going to win against MJF. Perhaps the intention actually was to take the Hangman/Cody route, and they’ve changed it late to let Darby continue on as champ? We’ll see. It’s not like there aren’t options other than MJF - Okada and Swerve being the strongest two. 

Roll on Dynamite!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

AEW’s the best, isn’t it? I came out of Dynamite proper down in the dumps about almost everything. I wasn’t even going to watch Collision. Then the GIFs of Darby and Pac hitting fucking Sunset Flips into golf bunkers arrive on my timeline!

”Fore!”

IMG_6078.gif.a744cb4f9087acc581513eb8b55f14c5.gif

Edited by Supremo
Posted

Davies wins a title. 

Ricochet dressed like a proper twat. 

Divine Dominion looking the business. 

Wrestling on a golf course. 

All in about an hour. 10/10 AEW experience. 

Posted

Just about a perfect hour of wrestling telly that!

Davis getting the big win on this show was class. I don't normally bother with Collision, but has Perry's run been a bit of a low key banger? I keep seeing good reviews on his matches but I'm largely ignorant of anything on Saturday nights.

Back at Blood and Guts there was a shot of Megan Bayne caked in blood that looked like something from a fucking Conan comic or something and I've been convinced that she should be Women's Champ ever since. Turns out I was wrong. Having two ridiculously attractive, strong, mobile Amazons on the same team is one of the best ideas and acts in wrestling today! Never break them up. Lena Kross has been as good as Bayne in this team. I'm gonna break my telly when they drop the belts at Wembley.

Is Darby Allin's self destruction via title defence the best story AEW have done since Swerve Vs Hangman? Is it one of AEW's best title reigns? It's certainly helped the shows maintain a really consistent level of quality in the last month. Every defence has been brilliant and unique. This one was helped by Pac being one of my favourite wrestlers ever as well as the brilliant setting but it really was mad fun.

It's mental to me that within the same 12 month period Darby has gone from being consistently involved in AEW's worst stuff (flamethrowers, death by fish tank, numerous attempted vehicular homicides, Gabe Kidd in general), to this brilliant workhorse, baby-face run. It's been obvious for over a year that a Darby headline run was on its way but I expected it to be constant edge lord dreck, not the most compelling thing they've done in years.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Davis getting the big win on this show was class. I don't normally bother with Collision, but has Perry's run been a bit of a low key banger? I keep seeing good reviews on his matches but I'm largely ignorant of anything on Saturday nights.

I genuinely couldn’t tell you any of his title defences from the top of my head outside of (obviously) Mark Davis, so make of that what you will.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I genuinely couldn’t tell you any of his title defences from the top of my head outside of (obviously) Mark Davis, so make of that what you will.

You were going crazy for his match with Dorada last week, mate!

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

You were going crazy for his match with Dorada last week, mate!

Shit, I totally forgot about that!! That was exceptional. My mind has been so focused on the extremely stressful Scottish football race as of late that everything else is playing a bit part. Sorry, Jack Perry. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Quire the whirlwind week as an AEW fan!

How I felt coming out of Dynamite.

IMG_6092.jpeg.42e31d38b39bbef4cfaf0ad26516da53.jpeg

How I felt coming out of Fairway to Hell.

IMG_6091.jpeg.babeec9e8e2292e27b9c082833292cc6.jpeg

We’ll never know if Big TK lurks on the board, but that spectacular episode of TV felt like a personal apology.

I couldn’t have been happier. Still buzzing now.

Tight sixty minute episode. Venue of the decade. Strapped up my boy Mark Davis. Wildly fun main event. Announced the Owen Hart Tournament starting soon. Announced Takeshita vs. Darby for Wednesday(!!). Saved my plummeting enthusiasm for Stadium Stampede by writing Omega, The Bucks and Jack Perry into it.

Fair play, Tony. I never should have doubted you! Hole in one!

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
On 3/16/2026 at 9:37 AM, Lorne Malvo said:

I'm a few weeks behind so don't want to scroll through this thread for fear of spoilers, so apologies if this has already been mentioned;

Does anyone know what the deal is with MyAEW and Roku? I signed up on day one and cancelled my Triller subscription as the press release said it was available on Roku, but as of this morning I can't find it.

I know it's only a tenner but it's poor form if I've spunked money up the wall based on incorrect information they've given us. 

Update! It’s now on Roku as of today

  • Paid Members
Posted

RE Fairway to Hell, I liked how they had the camera guys all decked out in golfing gear, I thought that was a nice touch.

On 5/9/2026 at 11:09 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I can never quite buy into when they push Rush, because every time they’ve done it up to now, it’s followed by him disappearing completely off TV for a couple of months. Then the cycle starts again. Maybe this time it will be different!

I thought the same when they initially started pushing him again, I was totally expecting him to be one of Darby's opponents. I don't remember them doing a video package hyping him up before like they've done this time. Plus they usually have Dralistico/Beast Mortos with him but they've been noticeably absent...maybe this time it's different?

24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Update! It’s now on Roku as of today

Thanks! I've just added it and tested it out, seems to be working fine :)

Coming up on Dynamite this week:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m not sure if there’s anything to read into this, but AEW seems to have abruptly ended its gaming podcast, All Elite Arcade. The (potentially) final episode suggests neither host (Adam Cole and Evil Uno) knew that it was coming, and neither of them have acknowledged it online or explained what was going on. It does make me wonder if one of them is about to leave the company. I hope not, The Dark Order was such an underrated stable in the end, genuinely one of my favourite in the history of AEW.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...