thatvinylgeek Posted April 30 Posted April 30 I don't care what else happens this year Mox tickling Pac takes all the accolades for me Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 30 Author Paid Members Posted April 30 That was a fun show, although I had some serious tech issues with My AEW, with the screen going black and forcing me to refresh several times during the show - generally at key moments, which was a shame. Some tremendous heel work all round on this show. Thekla’s promo game has risen significantly…Skye Blue’s has not. That said, Thekla has been a tremendous champ so far, and long may her reign continue. Shida is also an absolute blast. She’s playing her character brilliantly well, and I’m looking forward to seeing where she goes next. It’s a shame Toni Storm isn’t around, they’d have had some fun interactions. Christian Cage obviously isn’t a heel at the moment, but he’s one of the best characters in the history of AEW. When it’s all said and done, his work elsewhere will feel like a footnote, he’s just tremendous. MJF has also won me over. I’m enjoying him right now, and I certainly don’t want to see him leave AEW. I’d love for him to be a lifer. Darby/Brody was great, but they really need to do some strong follow-up with King. He’s on the cusp of being a huge star for the company, and I hope they don’t squander that. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 1 Posted May 1 10 hours ago, RedTwoster said: That was a fun show, although I had some serious tech issues with My AEW, with the screen going black That was just TK announcing new wrestlers and some returns Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 48 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: That was just TK announcing new wrestlers and some returns ? Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 1 Posted May 1 10 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: ? Shit joke that failed. Was meant to be a play on TK liking to turn the lights on and off for new wrestlers or surprise appearances. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 1 Author Paid Members Posted May 1 1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: That was just TK announcing new wrestlers and some returns Actually it was just as MJF was pinned, and at the very end of the World title match revealing how long there was to go, giving away that the finish was imminent! Quote
burchybabi Posted May 1 Posted May 1 Upcoming schedule includes several 3 hour live specials combining Dynamite/Collision due to NHL playoffs: May 6 - 3 Hour Dynamite/Collision May 9 - Fairway to Hell (Live 1 Hour Collision/Overlapping WWE Backlash) May 20 - 3 Hour Dynamite/Collision May 27 - 3 Hour Dynamite/Collision May 30 - Live 2 Hour Collision Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 I've really enjoyed Ace Austin every time he's been put into a featured spot. He's... well, ace IMO. Kinda intrigued by the Ospreay / Death Riders stuff despite the slightly hokey abduction start. Wonder if this is a genuine signal to Will needing to make a long-term shift more towards a ground-based style after the surgery? Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 Almost goes without saying, but Okada is the utter dogs bollocks. The totally flat, unimpressed face as Ace Austin had his intro was great, and then into the full shit eating grin when he had the upper hand - perfect. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 1 Posted May 1 On a much sadder note, Rebel has announced she's been diagnosed with terminal ALS. https://www.instagram.com/p/DXzT5etjnVM/?igsh=dWMycDRqNjRudmVr I know she'd been struggling a lot with different things, but this diagnosis must be absolutely heartbreaking, but so positive to see so many people within wrestling and beyond showing her so much love. I hope TK takes on board one suggestion of doing a show dedicated to her an ALS awareness. Quote
Chili Posted May 1 Posted May 1 2 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: On a much sadder note, Rebel has announced she's been diagnosed with terminal ALS. https://www.instagram.com/p/DXzT5etjnVM/?igsh=dWMycDRqNjRudmVr I know she'd been struggling a lot with different things, but this diagnosis must be absolutely heartbreaking, but so positive to see so many people within wrestling and beyond showing her so much love. I hope TK takes on board one suggestion of doing a show dedicated to her an ALS awareness. I remember seeing her TNA stuff and thinking she was fucking shit, but then her role in AEW with Britt Baker absolutely won me over on her abilities as a personality. A bit like Luther with Toni or Tony Atlas with Mark Henry, she made for just a really funny sidekick during her run with Baker, just blessed with decent wrestling comedy chops and made for a very likeable side character. That's a real shame. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 3 Author Paid Members Posted May 3 I hate the National Title and Jack Perry does nothing for me. Yet in spite of that, I’m going to go as far as to say Perry/Dorada is one of the best matches I’ve seen this year. It was absolutely fantastic and my fucking goodness they need to do more with Dorada. The prospect of him wrestling Ospreay or Omega in a match where the outcome is unclear is a very appealing one. I hate Willow Nightingale’s comeback killer gimmick. It feels like the kind of WWE rip-off gimmick TNA would have done in the early 2010s, essentially giving her a weaker version of what Gunther has been doing in WWE. Plus, the fact she’s a babyface rather than a heel makes it even worse - surely I should be rooting for the comeback not to be killed? Shida continues to be one of my favourite acts in wrestling. She’s absolutely nailing it as a heel, and I’d love to see her hold a title soon. She’s so much fun. All in all it was a solid show, made must-watch by the tremendous Perry/Dorada bout. Seriously, go watch it if you haven’t already. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 3 Awards Moderator Posted May 3 3 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I hate Willow Nightingale’s comeback killer gimmick. It feels like the kind of WWE rip-off gimmick TNA would have done in the early 2010s, essentially giving her a weaker version of what Gunther has been doing in WWE. Plus, the fact she’s a babyface rather than a heel makes it even worse - surely I should be rooting for the comeback not to be killed? I feel like it’s less a gimmick, and more a very clear setup for Mercedes Mone coming back and getting a rematch. Which I’m all for. Highlight of this week’s show for me was MxM’s Frida Kahlo matching trunks. Superb. First time using MyAEW to watch, and it just froze about a dozen times over the course of the show. Had to refresh, go back, re-click and refresh again to get it playing each time. I don’t think it’s my connection being rubbish, hopefully just a one time problem. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.