Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 3 Paid Members Posted May 3 (edited) I've never had any issues with MyAew. I think it's great. Not as great as those Frida Khalo trunks though, obviously. I wish I had them. Edited May 3 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 3 Author Paid Members Posted May 3 1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said: I feel like it’s less a gimmick, and more a very clear setup for Mercedes Mone coming back and getting a rematch. Which I’m all for. Highlight of this week’s show for me was MxM’s Frida Kahlo matching trunks. Superb. First time using MyAEW to watch, and it just froze about a dozen times over the course of the show. Had to refresh, go back, re-click and refresh again to get it playing each time. I don’t think it’s my connection being rubbish, hopefully just a one time problem. I think that’s exactly the plan, but I still don’t like it, not least because I want to see Mercedes go after Thekla, who is killing it as World Champion. As far as MyAEW goes, I had that issue with Dynamite and again with Collision, though it wasn’t quite as annoying as it was with Dynamite. I’m pretty certain that it’s not a connection issue, and I hope it’s resolved soon. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 3 Paid Members Posted May 3 (edited) I have no idea why this company persists with Hook. He's been wrestling for, what, 5 years? He hasn't improved in years in any aspect of his game. Waste of time. Kevin Knight is good enough to get something half decent out of him but when you've got SHIBATA at ringside (and a dozen other unused great wrestlers who get no TV time) I just don't understand why they use him at all. He doesn't do any indies so he clearly isn't bothered about putting the work in either. Edited May 3 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 3 Paid Members Posted May 3 I loved Hook to begin with. But hes just... stayed where he started. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 3 Awards Moderator Posted May 3 1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: I loved Hook to begin with. But hes just... stayed where he started. Except with significantly shitter music. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 3 Paid Members Posted May 3 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: I have no idea why this company persists with Hook. He's been wrestling for, what, 5 years? He hasn't improved in years in any aspect of his game. Waste of time. He was dogshit from the start, he had so far to go to become even a half decent performer, that I'm not at all surprised if he's still no good now. The Action Bronson theme was the only good thing he had going for him. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 4 Posted May 4 18 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I think that’s exactly the plan, but I still don’t like it, not least because I want to see Mercedes go after Thekla, who is killing it as World Champion. Totally agree with this. Unless it's a a one and done putting Willow over again, Mercedes should be moving on from the TBS scene. Also a face run against Thekla would freshen things up. Also feels like Thekla has rapidly outgrown the Triangle, imo. As for Collision. Another fun episode of wrestling. I'm actually enjoying Jungle Jack's current run. Fair play to The Dogs, I've really enjoyed them in these big multi matches. Feels like they are finally finding their feet. Divine Dominion are establishing themselves as a pretty big deal, hopefully they get a good, longish and dominant reign. And don't fall victim to a shock TV loss. Mox as always is a delight on commentary. Struggling to control an enraged Marina post match, was a good laugh. As for Marina, she's definitely improving. However as weird as this sounds, I don't think she needs a title at this point. I think she is just too good in her enforcer role and occasional mixed tag wrestler. The Mox/Osprey stuff is definitely interesting. However I now feel that Osprey going for the world title is now less likely, with him taking down Mox for the CC Title feeling like the true end game. Beating the master at his own game and all that. Of course I could be well off. Main event was easily the low point. Not terrible by any stretch but the gulf between Hook and pretty much everyone above him, is becoming increasingly noticeable. I'm starting to think that TK likes his titles so much, because it allows him to book multiple title matches on TV every week. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 4 Paid Members Posted May 4 1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said: feels like Thekla has rapidly outgrown the Triangle, imo Not difficult to do considering how fucking shit Julia Hart and Skye Blue are. Thekla is really great though. She needs to drop the dead weight ASAP. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 4 Posted May 4 Julia and Skye showed potential in the past, but it feels like they have hit a brick wall and have been overtaken by others. Julia in particular has really stalled, imo. I still think that Skye could be a bigger deal but like Thekla, needs to go her own way. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 4 Author Paid Members Posted May 4 3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Not difficult to do considering how fucking shit Julia Hart and Skye Blue are. Thekla is really great though. She needs to drop the dead weight ASAP. 100% this. It’s their lack of charisma that’s the problem. Thekla is so charismatic that it makes that stand out all the more. She’s not able to bounce off them, and her strengths are amplifying their weaknesses. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to give her a stable, but this one isn’t working. I will say that it’s not actively hindering Thekla, it’s more a problem for Blue and Hart, who are being outshone rather than elevated. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 4 Posted May 4 One little thing I really liked on Collision was Aubrey refusing to count because someone's (Daniel Garcia, I think?) shoulders weren't fully down. One of the more irritating things about AEW for me, is how inconsistent and being frank shit, a lot of the refs can be at their job. Quote
Chili Posted May 4 Posted May 4 I've gone off Hart & Blue since they began that twins from the Shining shit. They looked the business when they first joined up pre Triangle when Julia had that goth big hat Stevie Nicks look. Weirdly making them look more like a team is an odd minus. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 5 Paid Members Posted May 5 The Gunns back on Collision, Juice vs Mox booked for Wednesday...are going to see a Jay White return? The gang all back together finally? Deathriders vs Bang Bang Gang at Double or Nothing in Anarchy in the Arena would be very up my alley! But I'm probably getting ahead of myself... Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 5 Awards Moderator Posted May 5 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: The Gunns back on Collision, Juice vs Mox booked for Wednesday...are going to see a Jay White return? The gang all back together finally? Deathriders vs Bang Bang Gang at Double or Nothing in Anarchy in the Arena would be very up my alley! But I'm probably getting ahead of myself... Even if that happened this week, based on their luck the past few years, there’s no way BBG even get to Double or Nothing without one of them getting injured again. It’s an immutable law of the universe, at least one Collision Cowboy must be on the shelf at all times or the world probably ends. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted May 6 Paid Members Posted May 6 (edited) This week we have a 3-hour Dynamite and Collision special tonight with a 1-hour Collision: Fairway to Hell episode on Saturday 9th May. Edited May 6 by Kamran Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.