Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 24 Paid Members Posted April 24 1 hour ago, AshC said: Too many featured talents. It's been the problem for years. Pick the ten or 12 most over and have them in the main events every week. If everyone is a headliner, nobody is. During the absolute best period of AEW booking ever, they had almost 10 weeks of main events that didn't feature a single guy twice. They also have a very obvious hierarchy. The stars of the promotion are not hard to pinpoint. They're almost all guys that have held the World Title. MJF, Hangman, Swerve, Kenny, Ospreay, Darby, Joe, Moxley, Jericho. They are consistently in the big matches and the PPV main events. The next tier is pretty clear too. Guys do move up through the tiers. Brody King is the latest to hit that second tier. Kevin Knight has moved up too. Plenty of guys move down. Eddie is in a cellar somewhere. I agree about the focus. There are plenty of weeks where one of those main event guys should feature two or three times, like they did recently with Darby, rather than having Kyle O'Reilly on or something. But I'd never want to see that at the expense of putting guys with great upside in a position to succeed. I absolutely love that TK pays people until the contract that he agreed expires. It's pretty awesome. But a WWE-style cull or two over the last few years would have done wonders for them. Even if to just create the room to bring in The Rascals and The Dogs, etc. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 24 Author Paid Members Posted April 24 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Also doesn't help when they keep bringing in new people who are fucking shit like Gabe Kidd, David Finlay and the Rascals when you've got loads of people with way more upside doing absolutely nothing. Taking the time to mention Gabe Kidd and not Roderick Strong. I feel goaded. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 24 Paid Members Posted April 24 Coming up on Collision this week: Quote
blackholesun85 Posted April 25 Posted April 25 Does anyone know if the Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood vs. Jay White & Juice Robinson Two Out Of Three Falls 15th July 2023 AEW Collision match exists completely uncut? Every version I can find online either has add breaks or a slight cut after the first and second falls where the add break would be including the original fite tv broadcast from back in 2023? If it exists any help finding the complete uncut version would be very much appreciated, thanks! (I've included a link to what I believe was the og fite TV broadcast from back in 2023) Add break cuts @23:34 & 41:20... Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 25 Posted April 25 I'm fine with Darby's reign being on the shorter side, but I hope they do something other than reverting back to MJF. On the subject of the roster bloat. I wish they could find a way of bringing back Dark and Dark Elevation. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 26 Author Paid Members Posted April 26 (edited) An enjoyable Collision, with one of my least favourite opening matches ever. I don’t want to get repetitive, but let’s just say the combination of the Trios Titles and one of the participants that I don’t have much time for (perhaps it was Lance Archer, who’s to say?) put me off. After that though, Tony Khan made it up to me with this wonderful man’s group… 🥰 Needless to say, I was happy to see The Dogs win again even if St Gabe wasn’t in the match. I suspected that the Jon Moxley/Ospreay stuff was heading to where it did, but I didn’t like how they went straight from that segment (even if it was presented as being from Dynamite) to Moxley on commentary. Shida is my favourite character in wrestling right now, she’s so much fun. Willow’s ‘comeback killer’ gimmick must be leading to Mercedes Mone coming back, right? I kind of hope it isn’t, though - I want to see Mone go after Thekla. Rush/Priest went on for much longer than it should have. The Bowens stuff…I don’t know how to feel about it, but an Acclaimed reunion seems completely out of the question now and that makes me sad. I’m glad to see Jericho lose again, and I hope his dodgy form leads to him taking a more serious approach, rather than the bad comedy he’s been doing as of late. A crisis of confidence is the story they should be telling. Edited April 26 by RedTwoster Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 26 Posted April 26 Mox demanding a double bicep pose, was the highlight of Collision. Liked the Mox/Osprey segment but agree with @RedTwoster about the placement of it. Wondering if Willow's current "comeback killer" gimmick (which I'm not a fan of tbh) might be building towards Britt Baker's return. Where is Hayter? Hopefully not injured again. Fun Collision. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 26 Author Paid Members Posted April 26 36 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Wondering if Willow's current "comeback killer" gimmick (which I'm not a fan of tbh) might be building towards Britt Baker's return. I could see them doing a one-and-done with her, much as they seem to have done with Kamille, but I’d be surprised if she ever made a permanent comeback. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 58 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Where is Hayter? Hopefully not injured again. Yes she is, Windsor mentioned it on Dynamite which is why that match happened last night. By Hayter did post she won’t be out long. Quote
WrestleAEW Posted April 26 Posted April 26 Sad to see Triller TV finished with AEW I always found the app a great experience and while MyAEW is great value, I dont know about other people but the overlay for the fast forward and rewind is broken on Apple TV for MyAEW It's so fecking annoying Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 29 Posted April 29 Rush getting TV squash matches. Totally being set up to challenge Darby, I reckon. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 29 Author Paid Members Posted April 29 (edited) 1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said: Rush getting TV squash matches. Totally being set up to challenge Darby, I reckon. You’re probably right, but I hope they do something totally left field and put the title on Brody. Whatever the case, one of their big stories over the next year or so should be him winning his first world title. He’s cooled off slightly since they’ve not done anything much with him as of late, but he still feels like he could and perhaps should be their next big star. Edited April 29 by RedTwoster Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.