Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 16 Paid Members Posted April 16 "I didn't get fired from New Japan! ...ok, yes I got fired by New Japan. But only because THEY COULDN'T HANDLE THEKLA!" Thekla's transformation from silly spooky cult leader to annoying, deluded, gobby Eurotrash goth has been one of my favourite character changes in ages. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 16 Author Paid Members Posted April 16 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Thekla's transformation from silly spooky cult leader to annoying, deluded, gobby Eurotrash goth has been one of my favourite character changes in ages. She’s really good right now, and I’d say the same about Shida. She was always excellent in ring, but as a character she was just kind of there. But this new version of her is just tremendous, I’m really enjoying her. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 SHIDA being completely insincere and phony when she's speaking English and then being genuinely evil when she's speaking in Japanese is just a brilliant little thing. I've always liked SHIDA. She's never had much of a character but she's a great white meat likeable babyface. I'm definitely interested in seeing where this new character goes. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 17 Author Paid Members Posted April 17 Collision was fun, and I hope the interaction between C&C, FTR and The Bucks means we’re building towards a TLC-type match at an upcoming PPV. Thekla/Windsor was good, and Thekla’s star has risen rapidly. It’s a shame they didn’t put her over Toni Storm rather than Statlander, but that can’t be changed. In Storm’s absence, the AEW women’s division needs a blockbuster-level babyface and that may well end up being Mercedes Mone. I’d love to see her wrestle Thekla. Jack Perry holding the national title feels very appropriate. A dull man, holding a dull belt. Come back soon, Luchasaurus. I know Hook doesn’t get a lot of love on here, but I’m kind of liking him as leader of The Opps - a team with only one other member. Lord knows why, but it works for me. Nick Wayne might have surpassed Roderick Strong as my least favourite wrestler. His match with Moxley was good, but he looks like a character from The Inbetweeners and is not threatening in the slightest. I hate everything about him. But yeah, decent show on the whole - it was never going to top a Dynamite with a World title change, but it didn’t have to. It was a fun way to start the day. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 17 Awards Moderator Posted April 17 (edited) That move Myron Reed does where he dives over the top rope and hits a cutter on the floor is one of the stupidest moves I’ve ever seen. He’s full force splatted his body from a height onto the floor two weeks in a row now, with the opponent doing nothing to cushion the fall, and that’s the way the move is meant to happen! It’s like those ladder falls Christian used to do to the floor, but weekly instead of twice a year for TLC. If the Cactus elbows from the apron shortened Mick Foley’s career, I’d hate to think what doing that move regularly is going to do to Myron’s. His poor back! Speaking of stupid, I’m here for Lio Rush’s weirdo freak Gollum gimmick. It’s the most interesting he’s ever been. The only thing it needs is a name change. Nicknaming yourself ‘The Blackheart’ (which I thought was one of Ciampa’s?) isn’t enough. He needs to go all in on this, get rid of the ‘Lio Rush’ bit and call himself something weird and freaky like Torment or The Goblin or something. Edited April 17 by HarmonicGenerator Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 I'd just come in here to post about Lio Rush to find HarmGen has basically posted precisely what I wanted to say! I dunno how long it'll before before I get bored of it, but fuck me it's a gazillion times more interesting than Cru. The vocal/facial work is great and the fact he can move in such unusual ways really makes it. Agreed that given they seem to be presenting it as a complete alter ego that has entirely possessed the guy, I'd be tempted to drop the Lio Rush name. Even just calling him (or it calling itself, as I'd present it on TV) Blackheart would work. And yes, Blackheart was an NXT Tomasso Ciampa nickname. Ciampa acknowledged Lio using it on social media when they faced each other a few weeks back. I think now he's got Psycho Killer back he's happy to give that one up. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 19 Posted April 19 It’s the most interesting that Lio Rush has ever been and it’s still complete shit, it’s actually quite impressive that I’m wanting to see how fa they go with it before just binning it off with no explanation Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 Christ, why is life so hard work nowadays. Quote
jm29195 Posted April 21 Posted April 21 Just had this from Triller: A real shame, as My AEW isn't available to stream direct onto my TV. We're writing to let you know that AEW Plus is being discontinued. AEW and ROH PPVs are also no longer available for purchase on TrillerTV. If you have an active AEW Plus subscription, it will end on your next billing date. You’ll have full access until that date. Any PPVs you've previously purchased will remain available to watch in your account. For information about AEW programming available in your area, please visit MyAEW.com. Thank You, The TrillerTV Team Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 48 minutes ago, jm29195 said: Just had this from Triller: A real shame, as My AEW isn't available to stream direct onto my TV. I used an Amazon Firestick to get it on my TV, it was easy to set up although hopefully they'll launch on more devices sooner rather than later. Coming up on Dyanmite this week: Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 22 Awards Moderator Posted April 22 (edited) I do/did all my Triller watching on a tablet. Am I right in thinking MyAEW isn’t an app yet, it’s just on your web browser? And I couldn’t see on the FAQs, if you pick the basic option do you get a choice to buy PPVs as and when you want them? Edited April 22 by HarmonicGenerator Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 (edited) Some decent looking matches this week. I prefer it when they don't announce the entire card ahead of time, save a few things for on the night. Darby as Champ already makes this weeks show feel more interesting and unpredictable. Not sure about an immediate title defence but maybe they're going to go with Darby as a fighting Champ putting the title on the line as much as possible deal to ocntrast it against MJF who does all he can not to defend the title. Edited April 22 by LaGoosh Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted April 22 Posted April 22 On 4/17/2026 at 2:33 PM, RedTwoster said: Collision was fun, and I hope the interaction between C&C, FTR and The Bucks means we’re building towards a TLC-type match at an upcoming PPV. Triangle ladder / TLC match at All-In Wembley would surely be a good move. Maybe not for the bodies of Copeland and Christian but I truly believe that would shift some tickets. I think that + a major Kenny Omega singles match might be enough for me to consider attending. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted April 23 Posted April 23 Really, really fun episode of Dynamite tonight I thought. Erm, so I sort of really like Lio Rush in this weird Gollum gimmick. I thought he looked really good in defeat to Brody King and his weird movements and tics made what could have been a rote squash match much more fun as Brody had to work harder to figure out a much more unorthodox opponent. Thought Shida and Mina was good. Disingenuous heel Shida is good and the match looked pretty snug in places and kept a decent pace. Ospreay Vs Davis was a tremendous bit of business from the first bell to the angle at the end. Davis has become a bit of an MVP for AEW this year and this could be a real turning point for him. I'm really intrigued by the Death Riders potentially becoming protectors for Ospreay. I suspected that the main event would be good, but bloody hell (quite literally)!! What a mental match for TV. Ciampa has been second only to Andrade in terms of coming in with a point to prove and giving him the first shot against a champ who also seems desperate to prove something made for a super tense and exhilarating match. I still think Darby is only holding the belt for a few weeks but fuck me if on this evidence they aren't going to be a lot of fun. If they can keep this momentum running up until at least Owen Season this could be a bit of a renaissance for AEW. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 23 Paid Members Posted April 23 Can really see Darby and MJF being title for title after he takes the TNT off Knight next week. We've all mentioned there's too many titles, I do wonder if they'll try and unify these two now with the International, National, Continental and World still prevalent let alone the Tag and six man belts. Would tie into Darby telling MJF he has to have something to put up. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.