Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Kamran said:

It's a stacked 3-hour Dynamite & Collision special tomorrow just days away from Double or Nothing:

Image

I am admittedly very stupid. But seeing the typeface on this graphic is the first time I’ve clicked that Darby’s surname is “All In” without the space. Allin, All In, Allin, All In … they could do something with that.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
(they absolutely should not do anything with that)
Posted
18 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I am admittedly very stupid. But seeing the typeface on this graphic is the first time I’ve clicked that Darby’s surname is “All In” without the space. Allin, All In, Allin, All In … they could do something with that.

If you break it down further it's actually Dar By All In which confirms the next jump from NXT!

Posted

And that sums up AEW all over. They've got a great bunch of people, so much talent and heart and belief, and that's where the frustration comes in of "but you're better than this!" when they have their dips - especially with MJF. I'm really glad that he's in such a great place again because he should be and he's exactly the guy they need to be driving them forward.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think MJF is the best media interviewer in thr business by far. He perfectly straddles the line of kayfabe/self promotion of his own character, putting over AEW, being engaging to watch and giving just enough dirt to make headlines but without being a dickhead about it. He's a tremendous asset for the company. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Was funny seeing the comments from some of the tribalists going “name ONE other person who jumped back to WWE from AEW and not been a success” which is a far more damning of indictment of Rusev’s current run than naming him would have been. 

Posted
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

First time I have ever watched MJF on a podcast and I really enjoyed it.

 

Yeah he comes across really well on these things, was very interesting to hear him be so upfront about his dip in quality before this current run.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

What a shame for Willow Nightingale. Looking at those brackets in the Owen, I can’t imagine that the plan was anything less than for her to win again, lifting her first World Title at All In. The Wild Card surely has to be Mercedes, and if it is, she has to be favourite to win the whole thing. And Thekla/Mone at All In? That’s a tremendous back-up plan.

Kevin Knight continues to feel like the most insincere person in wrestling (no mean feat given that that’s Shida’s whole gimmick) and I was left wondering if he and Speedball are going to help MJF regain the title. Whatever the case, placing the focus on himself post-match yet again has to be deliberate, whether Jet Speed are going to implode or not. I maintain that he’d be far better off as a heel.

And talking of Shida, she continues to kill it in this new gimmick. Give her the TBS title, Tony.

I can’t wait for FTR/C&C at Double or Nothing. Christian Cage, for me, is the best male character AEW has ever created, and I’m really enjoying his reunion with Copeland. And I genuinely don’t know what the result of this will be, I could easily see them retiring as a team and FTR would be the most appropriate opponent to do that. I hope that doesn’t happen though, at least not yet.

Prince Nana has done a great job at transitioning from Swerve’s goofy friend to someone who comes across as being a genuinely horrible person. Well done to him for that. 

Rush challenging for the World title next week is potentially a very clever red herring. It immediately left me thinking that Darby would retain, but by the same token, I just can’t see MJF losing his hair. it added even more uncertainty to the outcome and I like that a lot.

Ciampa has been a brilliant addition to AEW programming, and I’m glad that he made the leap. Mark Briscoe needs to reboot his character though, he feels incredibly stale and one note. 

I’m not sure what they’re going for with Ospreay right now. Through his matches, you’d have to imagine the implication is he’s having to dig deep to win. His promos suggest he’s deadlier than ever thanks to the Death Riders. Which is it? Whatever the case, he doesn’t currently feel like the person who should be closing their biggest show of the year, although there’s absolutely time to change that. 

I’ve purposely saved this last opinion until the end of the post. It’s a long one and I know not everyone will make it far enough to read this admission. That being said…I quite enjoyed Jericho this week.

Edited by RedTwoster
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

Ciampa has been a brilliant addition to AEW programming, and I’m glad that he made the leap.

I've only seen the match with Briscoe from this week so far and I have to agree. I was never a fan of his lauded NXT stuff because it was all that horrible HBK/NXT shocked face spot fest style and was pretty unhappy when he turned up in AEW but he's been an absolute demon out there and you can feel his passion. I don't think he's a future Champion or anything but he's a fine addition to the roster. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 3/17/2026 at 7:30 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

 

Also I hated the stipulation for Mox/Takeshita. When its one of the USPs of the belt to change it should be a big deal. This hadn't been built enough. It was just Mox wanting to do an epic bit of shit.

Quoting back from March as again, but this time Kyle OR rather than Takeshita.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The absolute state of Jericho in that Young Bucks jacket. Looked more like Randy the Ram than Mickey Rourke himself.

I know Stadium Stampade will deliver because it always does, and I know I shouldn’t begrudge Jericho globbing on to it considering he played such a big part in creating the gimmick, but man. It’s all I can see and think about. He simply cannot wash the stench off. In exactly the same way Austin Theory always feels like the younger brother your mum has forced you to include in your games, Jericho always feels like someone’s loser older brother who won’t take the hint. Grow up and fuck off!

The only difference between before his hiatus and now is that he at least used to have a bit of subtlety about him. There was a bit of foreplay. He’d play it cool. It took months before we reached the fucking Golden Jets Era. This time, he’s came in and globbed on to as much as he can, as fast as he can. The List of Jericho is now him just scribbling down anything that might give his fledging career a tiny boost of life.

Best gimmick match of the last decade that always delivers (Stadium Stampede/Anarchy in the Arena). ✅

Most talented, smartest workers in gimmick matches (The Elite). ✅

One of the company’s best heels, with an easy heat insult (Bald Ricochet). ✅

One of the company’s current best Big Men (Davis). ✅

Sexiest Man Alive (Andrade). ✅

You know that bit in Spider-Man 2, when he’s trying to stop the train crashing, so he shoots as many webs as possible, to slow it down? That’s Chris Jericho in 2026, grabbing a hold of everything he can to pretend his career isn’t already two years past its sell by date.

uWd3I7T4.gif.0bc0071e826b2304d4e8239e56e2b33c.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...