The King Of Swing Posted May 31 Posted May 31 Poor Trent. I think he was actually less over than Rocky Romero, during the trios title match. Quote
Zaheer Posted May 31 Posted May 31 (edited) 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I have no recollection whatsoever of Cage and Cass teaming, that’s mad. They tagged briefly , then Cass got moved to be Rick Starks' heavy, before Cass then went to join The Learning Tree. Tony Snow doing Tony Snow things. Edited May 31 by Zaheer Grammar Quote
Infinity Land Posted May 31 Posted May 31 16 minutes ago, Zaheer said: They tagged briefly , then Cass got moved to be Rick Starks' heavy, before Cass then went to join The Learning Tree. Tony Snow doing Tony Snow things. Brian Cage was in the Mogul Embassy, at the time ROH 6-Man champions with GOA. Big Bill was at a loose end teaming with Lee Moriarty as a remnant of the Firm. It was the Blind Eliminator Tag Tournament that put them together. They were cannon fodder for MJF & Adam Cole's friendly rivalry into Wembley. What happened is Cage & Bill had gotten over the match or two before by being a throwback hoss tag team with a combo powerbomb/clothesline finisher. TK stumbled into something with Bill & Cage as well as Darby & OC on the other side of the bracket. But the plan, and we've got to stick with the plan that's what the spreadsheet says, the final was Cole & MJF v. Jericho Appreciation Society members Sammy Guevara & Daniel Garcia. As that was the B plot of the tournament. Cage & Bill stayed over enough to get a tag title match against FTR on Collision and that was that. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 1 Paid Members Posted June 1 10 hours ago, Zaheer said: They tagged briefly , then Cass got moved to be Rick Starks' heavy, before Cass then went to join The Learning Tree. Tony Snow doing Tony Snow things. Being moved to be Ricky Starks partner was actually a CM Punk idea according to Big Bill. Then when it was clear that Starks wasn't signing a new contract they took him off TV which put an end to that, then it was a fair while after that that Bill ended up with Jericho. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 2 Paid Members Posted June 2 Coming up this week on Dynamite: In other AEW news, GrandSlam Mexico returns to Arena México on August 5th: Quote
abucalves Posted June 2 Posted June 2 A 2nd year of trying to convince my wife that we should fly to Mexico to watch it Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 12 hours ago, Kamran said: In other AEW news, GrandSlam Mexico returns to Arena México on August 5th: Man, that's hit home how sad I am about my current lack of love for AEW after what a show it was last year. Arena Mexico, Glasgow and Wembley coming up and there's nothing there. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 The wildcard has to be Mercedes Mone right? Can't think of anyone else it could be. I'm presuming they're going to go with a babyface Mone going for the World title against Thekla at All In. I don't think they have any other options on the women's side now that Willow is out. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: The wildcard has to be Mercedes Mone right? Can't think of anyone else it could be. I mean, obviously not, but a man can dream. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted June 3 Posted June 3 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: The wildcard has to be Mercedes Mone right? Can't think of anyone else it could be. I'm presuming they're going to go with a babyface Mone going for the World title against Thekla at All In. I don't think they have any other options on the women's side now that Willow is out. Riho, Jamie Hayter or Britt Baker maybe? Mercedes would make the most sense though but Jamie would be an interesting angle to take though Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 Britt Baker would be the funniest option, for sure. Quote
Chili Posted June 3 Posted June 3 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Zelina Vega. To my knowledge, Alex Windsor hasn't worked for WWE, so... tricky. Quote
Infinity Land Posted June 3 Posted June 3 5 hours ago, LaGoosh said: The wildcard has to be Mercedes Mone right? Can't think of anyone else it could be. When the bracket was originally announced and she was missing there was talk of her contract coming up or Toni Storm's mystery assailant taking her out for the forseeable. If she has been available, I supposed the question would be what was the original plan for her this summer if Willow hadn't been injured. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 4 Author Paid Members Posted June 4 A good show this week, although not one without its problems. I've said it before, but I wish they'd stop showcasing posts on X. I don't think it's particularly controversial to say that at this stage. I don't think they should be taking posts from Blue Sky either, just ditch it altogether. I think they should have closed the show with Mercedes Mone's return. That was a big moment, and she deserved that spot over the Ospreay/Davis match that did close things out. The Owen being for a title shot is a good idea, but the problem with this is that every match has become predictable. Mark Davis isn't going to main event All In and, given how it's been telegraphed, no one else is outside of Ospreay. Which means Swerve is winning on his side of the bracket, and we get Swerve/Ospreay at Forbidden Door. It makes the matches less dramatic. While things are very, very slightly less obvious on the female side, it still seems incredibly likely that Mone is going to win the whole thing given how shallow the brackets are. I don't know how you fix that exactly, but it means interesting matches feel less interesting. Maybe the winner could use the title shot at a show of their choosing, rather than All In? Mark Briscoe cut a good promo that didn't veer into the "Word of the Day" nonsense he usually goes for. Similarly, MJF avoided the low-hanging fruit that made their last feud as bad as it was. Maybe Max is looking to redeem himself for that debacle - he must recognise that it sucked. I'm still not convinced that Briscoe should be anywhere near the World title, but I did think that this was all very well done. Lio Rush continues to be a very enjoyable character. Thekla is also absolutely nailing it as champion, and has become a very good promo. If you do Thekla/Mone at All In, I think you have to have Mercedes win, but I hope they have more planned for Thekla and she doesn't just fade away. She's tremendous. Kevin Knight needed a manager - that much was clear after his mess of a promo last week. I don't think it should have been Don Callis though, he's about as stale an act as AEW has right now, and the Family is incredibly boring. I don't think this helps Knight. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.