The King Of Swing Posted May 25 Posted May 25 Does the firestick need updating maybe? I'm using a pretty old Polaroid 4K TV and I've had no issues. Quote
jm29195 Posted May 25 Posted May 25 2 hours ago, Kamran said: It's still coming up when I search for it: How old is your TV? There is some more info here, it could be a compatibility issue. Thanks, I've been through what looks like the same thing on mine and it just doesn't appear. The TV is about 5 years old, LG. Frustratingly it does bring up Triller on there! Interestingly if you look on Reddit there are several UK people who appear to be having similar issues recently. Quote
jm29195 Posted May 25 Posted May 25 14 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Does the firestick need updating maybe? I'm using a pretty old Polaroid 4K TV and I've had no issues. Thanks, it is a new Firestick and did a full update when I first installed it, so don't think that is the issue, annoyingly. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 25 Posted May 25 If the firestick works, then I don't think the TV model would be the issue. If it was a compatibility issue then I'd assume the firestick just wouldn't work. But I'm not an expert. Weird. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted May 25 Paid Members Posted May 25 I'll admit I'm no tech expert I was thinking more along the lines of if the software on the TV is not compatible with the MyAEW app. I know in the past with my phone it's not displayed certain apps from the app store as I was on an old version of Android. You could try checking to see if you have any available software updates through the support/updates menu on your TV. It might also be worth checking that you have no updates available for the firestick too. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 26 Posted May 26 The newest Fire Stick uses a totally different OS from the previous Android one, there's been a lot of issues with it so it could be a case of it not being compatible with it. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 New Pay Per View announced! Canadian date! Omega could still win the World Title to set up Omega vs. Ospreay at Wembley! Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 26 Author Paid Members Posted May 26 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Canadian date! Omega could still win the World Title to set up Omega vs. Ospreay at Wembley! ‘Redemption’ does tie into the idea of Omega redeeming himself for his previous loss to MJF. Or - and I don’t want to speak this into existence- the redemption of another Canadian, Chris Jericho, from his time as a heel. I could see MJF relishing the challenge of making Jericho feel relevant again, and Jericho of having negotiated a main event or two into his new contract. So…we’ll see what happens. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 (edited) With the way the World Title picture has seen everyone upping the stakes (Hangman willing to never challenge for the belt again if he loses, Max putting his hair on the line), I thought a good stipulation for Redemption could be Omega getting one last shot at the belt, Title vs. Career, with Kenny retiring if he loses. Considering how wrecked he sometimes looks, and with the show in Canada, there’d definitely be enough intrigue and doubt on whether it could be his last match or not. And then he can win and face Ospreay at Wembley. Scrap all that though. Now I want MJF vs. Jericho instead. Title vs. Career. Jericho loses and fucks off forever. Edited May 26 by Supremo Quote
jm29195 Posted May 26 Posted May 26 14 hours ago, Merzbow said: The newest Fire Stick uses a totally different OS from the previous Android one, there's been a lot of issues with it so it could be a case of it not being compatible with it. This is pretty much what I figured. So I sent the Firestick back and ordered a Roku, which came today. And success! All working now, thanks to everyone who gave advice here. Now to catch up on the probable 10 hours of content I've missed since last Wednesday 😂 Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 It's another 3-hour Dynamite & Collision special this week: Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 27 Posted May 27 Shida and Statlander, gonna make up for the lack of gore at DoN. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 The Young Bucks interrupting the Five Second Pose, with Nick Jackson bringing back the daft clobber gimmick, rocking this look. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 I've not watched AEW in a while, when did they turn Kyle Fletcher into Reg Holdsworth? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 27 Paid Members Posted May 27 6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: I've not watched AEW in a while, when did they turn Kyle Fletcher into Reg Holdsworth? Erm, late 2024 I think? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.