Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 21 Awards Moderator Posted May 21 12 hours ago, RedTwoster said: What a shame for Willow Nightingale. Looking at those brackets in the Owen, I can’t imagine that the plan was anything less than for her to win again, lifting her first World Title at All In. The Wild Card surely has to be Mercedes, and if it is, she has to be favourite to win the whole thing. And Thekla/Mone at All In? That’s a tremendous back-up plan. Kevin Knight continues to feel like the most insincere person in wrestling (no mean feat given that that’s Shida’s whole gimmick) and I was left wondering if he and Speedball are going to help MJF regain the title. Whatever the case, placing the focus on himself post-match yet again has to be deliberate, whether Jet Speed are going to implode or not. I maintain that he’d be far better off as a heel. Agree that it’s such a shame about Willow being injured. She felt locked in to be heading into something major for the summer - whether it was winning the Owen, a big rematch with Mercedes at Wembley, or those two things combined. I hope she’s not away long. I already miss her. I was waiting for the Jetspeed implosion this week too, but I was sure it was going to be Speedball turning on Knight. Surprised they haven’t been added to the DON card for a “friendly” TNT Title match yet. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 22 Paid Members Posted May 22 (edited) I feel awful for Willow, and the way she remained so upbeat and sweet in delivering the news somehow made it even more heartbreaking, but the company itself is getting exactly what it deserves. They’ve done such a rubbish job with the Women‘s division in the absence of Mercedes and Toni Storm that Willow was expected to win the Owen Tournament by default. No-one else had a realistic chance. It’s otherwise a bunch of jobbers and cameos. You’d hope this is a bit of a wake up call to push and develop the women more, but if I’m honest I mostly just expect them to lean entirely on the Wild Card to save the Tournament. Who do we reckon they’ve called/thrown money at? Who’s even out there? Kairi Sane? Nikki Cross? Ronda Rousey? Mercedes? Britt Baker?! It was a good go-home show if you ignore the Tony Khan Billionaire Excess of it all. As a show that should exist to tease and excite you into buying the pay per view on Sunday, it’s crazy to put out a three hour episode, with an absolutely bonkers hardcore match between Ciampa and Briscoe, and then a long, drawn-out, twenty-minute time limit draw between Moxley and O’Reilly. I’m stuffed! It’d be like someone in Sainsbury’s offering you a free sample, and then when you say, “yes,” they shove an entire chocolate cake in your face. Great promo from Ospreay. The sooner they wrap up this weird Karate Kid 3 thing with Moxley and have Will cutting pure Babyface promos, the better. It’s coming home, bruv! MJF’s so fucking great. Loved him rooting for Speedball and trying to get him to win the Title, making the Hair stipulation null and void. You can tell Max is as big a dork for this stuff as we are. He’d definitely been watching the Bret vs. Sid cage match from the Raw before Wrestlemania 13. Watching his instincts in real time so that he posed on the exact turnbuckle to have the massive, “BALD,” sign in shot was awesome too. I’m also a huge fan of the red herring created by the RUSH PUSH (pronounced, “roosh poosh,”). At first, him baggsying the next Title shot seemed to completely telegraph that Darby was winning at the pay per view, but then I questioned whether they were double bluffing or not. Love that they’ve got me double and triple guessing the direction. Still convinced Max is going bald though. RUSH can wreck Darby next week, he can continue to get weaker and weaker, all leading to Omega taking the belt and facing Ospreay at Wembley. The moment they announce that match I’m buying my ticket. Edited May 22 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 22 Author Paid Members Posted May 22 48 minutes ago, Supremo said: You’d hope this is a bit of a wake up call to push and develop the women more, but if I’m honest I mostly just expect them to lean entirely on the Wild Card to save the Tournament. Who do we reckon they’ve called/thrown money at? Who’s even out there? Kairi Sane? Nikki Cross? Ronda Rousey? Mercedes? Britt Baker?! I’d assumed Mercedes, but Ronda Rousey is a strong dark horse pick. Thekla/Rousey at All In would feel like a huge deal, and potentially cement Thekla’s spot as a main eventer; particularly if Rousey is willing to put her over. Thekla has done such a good job as champ, I don’t want to see her lose at All In, whoever she faces. Give her an Athena-type run until Toni Storm comes back. 52 minutes ago, Supremo said: MJF’s so fucking great. Loved him rooting for Speedball and trying to get him to win the Title, making the Hair stipulation null and void. You can tell Max is as big a dork for this stuff as we are. He’d definitely been watching the Bret vs. Sid cage match from the Raw before Wrestlemania 13. Watching his instincts in real time so that he posed on the exact turnbuckle to have the massive, “BALD,” sign in shot was awesome too. MJF has really won me over since his most recent title run. He’s a brilliant ambassador for the company too, absolutely nailing it in every interview he does. I hope he’s a lifer in AEW, I don’t ever want to see him move to WWE. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 22 Posted May 22 Wonder if they could get Ruby Soho back for a short run? I know she's being a mum and got the coffee shop thing with Cool Hand Ange but even for a few weeks if she's not too rusty in the ring? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 22 Author Paid Members Posted May 22 1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Wonder if they could get Ruby Soho back for a short run? I know she's being a mum and got the coffee shop thing with Cool Hand Ange but even for a few weeks if she's not too rusty in the ring? With the greatest respect to her, she’s a step down from pretty much everyone in their women’s division right now. Ring work was never her strong point, and she wasn’t a particularly good promo either. I don’t think there’s much value in giving her a singles run, although there’s every chance her deficiencies could be masked in a tag team. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 22 Posted May 22 Yeah but just thinking she was quite popular and could probably slot in the Owen for a brief run without doing too much and a ready made 'I've been out the ring for ages' for short losses. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 22 Author Paid Members Posted May 22 2 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Yeah but just thinking she was quite popular and could probably slot in the Owen for a brief run without doing too much and a ready made 'I've been out the ring for ages' for short losses. The Owen is an elimination tournament - if you lose once, that’s you. As it stands, they don’t exactly need more of that in those brackets - whoever comes in should really be a contender to win the whole thing. Having said that, I could see them have Alex Windsor win, since All In is in London, and Ospreay will likely be winning the men’s side of things - I could see the two of them standing together as winners, with it being presented as an emotional, meaningful moment. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 23 Posted May 23 Sorry confused myself with the CC there. It'll be interesting to see nonetheless and hope we get a big lineup for All In. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 23 Paid Members Posted May 23 3 minutes ago, Ralphy said: Hi, I'm hoping to start watching aew more regularly and myaew looks great I have xbox and fire TV(not stick) I could watch it on if supported, but unsure if they are, anyone know the best ways to watch it if I sign up? Is it reliable? There’s an app on Amazon Fire. Just search Kiswee. It runs on internet browsers too Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 23 Paid Members Posted May 23 3 hours ago, Ralphy said: Thanks 😊 I know if so watch WWE on Netflix, I can put a live event on even if it's already halfway through and still be able to watch from the beginning, can that be done with MYAEW for the ppv? It asks if you want to watch live or from the beginning Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 23 Posted May 23 One of the better three hour episodes of TV. Gutted for Willow. Hopefully she's back sooner rather than later. Quote
jm29195 Posted May 25 Posted May 25 (edited) So my Triller sub ended, and I brought a Firestick, as understood the My Aew app is available through that. I've set the Firestick up and there doesn't seem to be a My Aew app? Am I doing something wrong? Edited May 25 by jm29195 Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted May 25 Paid Members Posted May 25 27 minutes ago, jm29195 said: So my Triller sub ended, and I brought a Firestick, as understood the My Aew app is available through that. I've set the Firestick up and there doesn't seem to be a My Aew app? Am I doing something wrong? You need to add it via their app store. Quote
jm29195 Posted May 25 Posted May 25 1 minute ago, Kamran said: You need to add it via their app store. Thanks, I've looked there already and it doesn't appear there. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted May 25 Paid Members Posted May 25 47 minutes ago, jm29195 said: Thanks, I've looked there already and it doesn't appear there. It's still coming up when I search for it: How old is your TV? There is some more info here, it could be a compatibility issue. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.