Merzbow Posted June 21 Posted June 21 How many of the better stories are wrestlers in the position to create their own doing so? Take Toni Storm and Mariah May, wasn't that nearly all Toni and RJ City working together on it almost outside of the rest of the card? Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 4 minutes ago, Merzbow said: How many of the better stories are wrestlers in the position to create their own doing so? Take Toni Storm and Mariah May, wasn't that nearly all Toni and RJ City working together on it almost outside of the rest of the card? It was Tony Khan's idea to riff on the film, but RJ City was the only person he knew who'd seen it and then RJ (with Toni) apparently fleshed out the general idea for what would happen from week to week. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 21 Posted June 21 Losing Toni Storm and then Willow Nightingale, probably didn't help. If the title shot was at a smaller show, they might have held off on bringing Mercedes back. I'd rather they try something new with Maya, but I get why the might go with the Mercedes Vs. Thekla. With Thekla even getting good reactions in Stardom, I think they can make a face turn work, either leading up to All In or during the show. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 21 Author Paid Members Posted June 21 3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Losing Toni Storm and then Willow Nightingale, probably didn't help. If the title shot was at a smaller show, they might have held off on bringing Mercedes back. I think that’s an important point - if you look at the original brackets, the tournament seemed to be Willow’s to lose. Her injury kind of forced their hand, as there simply wasn’t a credible alternative in those brackets. That’s partly on AEW for failing to create one, but there’s little they could have done about this in that moment. On another note, FTR have announced a hiatus from wrestling (link to wrestlinginc) - I’d have to assume they’ll be back for All In given that they’ll be in the country anyway, but we’ll see. It would be a shame if they weren’t. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 Yeah I feel 99% confident that Willow vs Mercedes was going to be the All In match. Likewise I'm 99% confident that FTR will be at All In. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 I can see FTR being there in the same way I can see The POP (Power of Positivity - Yes I've already regimmicked King Kofi and King Creed) debuting at the same event. Bucks vs C&C in a ladder match or a straight up match being set, the best of their generation vs the best of this generation. Have some buzz that there's another team that believes themselves to be the best of this generation and will be at the PPV as a surprise entrant. Everyone assumes POP but it's actually FTR who come out, take the pop for their return, there isn't two teams they're more associated with and they are the greatest tag team of their generation. Big fireworks explosion, gold pyro, definitely not a rip off of the New Day Rocks song and out walk Creed and Kofi, the kings of tag team wrestling, the loudest "pop" in the arena, 4 way scramble for the belts. Limits how much Cope and Cage have to do in terms of ring time, sets up for Bucks vs POP two on two and gives FTR a final hurrah if they are off, or brings them back in if they are staying. Sorry, been fantasy booking that for the last 2 days hence how we've now got new names as well. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 (edited) Dax Harwood spent a solid eighteen months teasing either retiring or going back to WWE. He’s almost as bad as Malakai Black in his, “some people are snakes, don’t want to talk about it, DM me babes,” attention seeking. Forgive me if I don’t believe FTR are truly taking an indefinite break. I predict they run in for the schmozz finish in the Cope/Christian vs. Young Bucks match at Redemption. Edited June 21 by Supremo Quote
Chili Posted June 23 Posted June 23 (edited) It's 3 years ago since that absolutely delightful "HE'S GAY" promo with Harley Cameron & The Acclaimed so here it is again. Great moment. Edited June 23 by Chili Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 It's the final Dynamite before Forbidden Door: Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 23 Awards Moderator Posted June 23 Emerson Lake and Palmer? Quote
Merzbow Posted June 23 Posted June 23 Probably the second best way to show off El Phantasmo (number one being against Konosuke, they had a legit five star banger in '24). Queen Aminata getting a main show match though, Tony definitely checks this place... keep pushing her to the moon, Tone. Quote
Chili Posted June 23 Posted June 23 47 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Emerson Lake and Palmer? Rather them than Logan Paul, who I genuinely thought it was for a brief second. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 23 Author Paid Members Posted June 23 I hope they ditch the Forbidden Door concept next year, it feels more and more half-hearted every time they do it, and there’s less and less value to the matches on offer - particularly given that it’s not uncommon for external wrestlers to make cameo appearances anyway. The guest appearances pretty much all feel shoehorned in. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 Death, Taxes and “This should definitely be the last Forbidden Door PPV” Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 ELP is fantastic ring wise but definitely another one of those "work horses but not much of a speaker" so this should be a great showcase of him if nothing else. At most I can see him doing some ROH stuff after this if he doesn't go straight back to Japan. Deserves a good run of luck after his health issues in recent years too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.