Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 19 Paid Members Posted February 19 31 minutes ago, BomberPat said: while Ricochet already has a singles title. To be fair, no one gives a single shit about that title. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 19 Paid Members Posted February 19 "This isn't where the best wrestle. This is where the Billy GOAT wrestles!" "Can we take that again Will, and you try something else? That sounds fucking shit" Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 19 Awards Moderator Posted February 19 I used to believe in Hangman. Fully invested. Now I don’t buy into a word he says. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 19 Author Paid Members Posted February 19 14 hours ago, LaGoosh said: That Hangman segment kind of made Hangman look like a dummy. Why would you add a stipulation to the title match that is so high risk?! You've already got the title match! You've beaten Max TWICE in normal matches already! There is nothing to gain for you here that you didn't have already! The only way it would have made a bit of sense is if Hangman asked for a Texas Death but MJF said "ok, but ONLY if you can never go for the title again if you lose". It worked for me because it seemed like something the character might do - he seemed desperate, in the edge and full of self-doubt, as if he’d convinced himself he needed to push it all the way if he was to win. And I think he’s going to lose - my prediction is we’re heading for a Swerve and Hangman heel alliance, with the heel turn potentially allowing Hangman to challenge for the title again. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with a Swerve, Hangman and MJF alliance for what it might mean for the Ospreay return. Ospreay teaming with Omega and potentially - given his reaction Danielson to take on MJF, Swerve and Hangman would be immense. AEW needs to take a bold swing, and a trio of titans would be a great way to do it. A side note - I thought MJF’s promo was the best he cut in years. One thing I didn’t like was the countdown to MJF/Hangman during the TBS title match. It took me out of the match a little, and I’d thought it was a good one. Willow feels like a much bigger deal than Thekla and I think they have the two women’s singles titles the wrong way around. All in all I thought it was a great show that left me feeling very optimistic for the overall direction of the company. There’s are a number of exciting possibilities for the top wrestlers - and the fact they’ve drastically reduced the amount of Don Callis on the show has me almost certain Tony Khan lurks on here. Time and time again, we complain about something here and AEW quickly and suddenly addresses it. Coincidence? Perhaps…or maybe my theory on the TRUE identity of @Hannibal Scorch is bang on the money 😉 Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 @RedTwoster I’d have more, not less Don if it was up to me…. Or would I? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 Saw the little tribute to Kerwin Silfies that Tony & Bryan did on FB this morning. It's a lovely moment of class. Also saw an account who'd got good seats for $44 for Dynamite. Loads of replies from people who were very happy with the prices they'd paid for seats recently, including some great floor and ringside seats. Absolutely baffling that they aren't making a massive deal of the price point and selling some bigger arenas at prices families can afford. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 Another pretty good episode, with the usual frustrating aspects that seem to blight every episode of AEW TV now - i.e. why were LFI having to earn a Trios titles match, then in the very next segment The Demand just say they want a title shot and boom, it's official. Mark Davis is just missing that little something to make him an engaging wrestler, but him vs Mox was a decent time. Really enjoying Mox at the moment; actually, the entire Death Riders vs Callis Family feud continues to be really good fun. Stokelys wheelchair bump was class. A weird moment at the start where they did pre-match promos with 3 of the 4 women in the TBS match, then cut to Swerves promo. Made it look like Swerve was in the four-way! This was a good match which served to highlight how Willow should be a huge singles star for them instead of arsing about in the already-boring tag division. I know nothing about Kerwin Silfies but still Danielsons tribute made me choke up. The 'Hangman can't challenge again' stipulation at least adds some intrigue to a match I didn't care about previously. I'm still cold on both Page and MJF at the moment but at least they're trying! Ishii is the epitome of Tony Khan's 'go out there and fill up 15 minutes of TV time' booking so I find it hard to invest in him at all, and the War Dogs are crap, so the whole tag match was a bit of a bore for me. Orange Cassidy deserves better! Cracking main event. I'm not 100% on board with the idea of a Swerve heel turn yet (and I've seen enough Kenny Omega injury angles to last me a lifetime) but it's about time something big happened in the main-event scene so I'm happy to wait and see how it plays out. Really interested in what happens with Hangman and Swerve going forwards. Returning hero Ospreay vs a heel Hangman or Swerve at All In sounds way better than the Ospreay vs MJF match we all assumed was happening. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 10 hours ago, RedTwoster said: One thing I didn’t like was the countdown to MJF/Hangman during the TBS title match. It took me out of the match a little, and I’d thought it was a good one. They have been doing countdowns to big matches/segments for a few weeks now, and I like it as a concept, but they need to iron the wrinkles out to prevent it from being distracting and kayfabe-breaking. It needs to tie in with things like "standby matches" to explain how they can have a countdown to the exact start time of a match without knowing ahead of time how long every other match is going to run, and factoring in things like the FTR angle that was apparently "not on the running order" according to Excalibur. The countdown, to make sense in kayfabe, would need to be based on the assumption that every match runs to the time limit. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 They did address it at one point, which I liked - I think it was McGuinness on Collision who commented that the countdown that Schiavone had just acknowledged was counting down to the top of the hour when they had scheduled the match (think it was Fletcher vs Briscoe 5 or whatever), but that of course if the match was in the ring was still ongoing it'd be pushed back. They've also done the standby match thing a couple of times over the last few months, the most memorable being Brody King vs a jobber that went 30 seconds, leading to Schiavone noting they should have had a standby match for the standby match. Love that kinda stuff. #RealSportsPresentation Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted February 21 Paid Members Posted February 21 (edited) Coming up on Collision tonight: Edited February 21 by Kamran Quote
The King Of Swing Posted February 21 Posted February 21 Thought Dynamite was a massive improvement over Grand Slam. Crowd was hot for pretty much everything. TBS four way was a cracker, especially by usual four way standards. Sad that Mina is pretty much just a JTTS, though. Shit name aside, The Brawling Birds, looked good together. Knight Vs. Beast and OC & Ishii Vs. Kidd & Connors, were the low points but still decent. Was Ishii legit hurt? Hangman/MJF face to face, was fine. Went a little long but I was expecting worse. They can fuck off with the "main character" bollocks, though. Up there with "lore" as something I never want to hear again. Mox Vs Davis was a good scrap. Excellent main event and post match beat down. AEW really need another top level heel and Swerve is perfect for the role. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 21 Paid Members Posted February 21 Fair play to them, after a few really good shows back to back that's a dogshit line-up for Collision. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 21 Paid Members Posted February 21 Still time for that Scorpio Sky graphic to drop. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted February 21 Posted February 21 Trios title match should be good. Thunder Rosa's first match back against Julia Hart, though. That could be rough. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted February 21 Paid Members Posted February 21 They've announced a couple more matches: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.