Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 2/20/2026 at 1:28 AM, BomberPat said:

 Similarly, Megan Bayne just wrestling in a four way, with Lena Kross being mentioned in passing, rather than having any actual appearance...

I can actually answer this as I happened to bump into her during my lunch break in Melbourne in a very random encounter!

She was at the US embassy getting her visa finalised and as such was out of the country at the time. I was there because I work on the same road, and the US Embassy's Friday lunch special is this amazing fried chicken and salad combo.  

Posted

Blake Christian's look gets me irrationally angry and not in a way a good heel would, might just be the worst look and presentation of a wrestler in a mainstream company.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think both AEW and WWE should put a blanket ban in place on wrestlers being distracted by a rival’s entrance, then turning their back on their opponent to lose the match. I absolutely hated the finish in the opening match and wrestling companies need to stop relying on this trope to further a feud. 

I’m starting to feel like @LaGoosh does about The Rascalz. They’re great in ring, but the stoner gimmick is crap. 

What’s the point in the National title if MJF is out defending the World title on indie shows? What’s the point of the Continental title, the International title and the TNT title? It’s said time and time again and it won’t happen, but Tony Khan needs to have a title cull. The number of belts on offer does not improve the show in any way.

I thought Thunder Rosa looked decent in her return. I’m sure she’ll have a decent match with Thekla, although I still think they made a mistake in putting the World title on her. Julia Hart has become a very good wrestler, and if she ever finds her footing on the mic, I could see her becoming a big star for the company. At the moment, a tag team seems like the right place for her, but I hope she’s working to improve that side of her skill set. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Blake Christian's look gets me irrationally angry and not in a way a good heel would, might just be the worst look and presentation of a wrestler in a mainstream company.

I wish I could remember and give credit to whoever said Blake Christian looks like he smells like sour milk. It articulated perfectly what my brain had been trying to process from the moment I first saw him. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I’m starting to feel like @LaGoosh does about The Rascalz. They’re great in ring, but the stoner gimmick is crap

You're half right, I think they're crap in ring aswell. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

The Swirl? Fuck sake. 😆 

RJ talks about the name here 🙂

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Swerve heel turn being the biggest thing to happen in AEW in ages and them taking 2 hours to mention it is absolutely typical AEW. Just the bare minumum follow-up on what should be your most important red-hot angle.

A decent enough Collision but one of those all-too-familiar episodes where there's plenty of good matches but it feels like nothing has really progressed across the board, until the FTR/Bucks Family angle in the last 5 minutes.

I like The Swirl but I feel ROH is very much their level. Regarding Blake's look - I've said it a million times on here, but have one more; I can't watch Blake Christian without thinking of Frank Costanza. 

Seinfeld - Funniest Frank Costanza Moments - YouTube

Posted (edited)

One thing I'll say about Thekla, is the belt looks good on her. 

Rosa Vs. Julia was fine. I don't rate Julia as highly as others do though. 

Skye Blue, noticeably absent. 

Rascalz are perfect Collision fodder and that should be their level.

Speaking of Collision fodder, bring back the STP crew. I miss those wonderful scrubs. 

Shit Private Party segment. Though watching it, I realised that Platinum Max seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Both trios matches and the CMLL title match were fun. 

Not really interested in Willow Vs. Bayne. 

Edit. 

Much like Dynamite, I thought that the post main event stuff was good. 

Edited by The King Of Swing
  • Paid Members
Posted

The content of Thekla's promos is goofy nonsense but she delivers it with a lot of confidence and confidence will get you very far in wrestling. Also she's an annoying dork but it works perfectly because she's a heel and not a cool heel.

I think she's great. The Womens World title is already more interesting with her on top. Willow dethroning her at All In London please!

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The content of Thekla's promos is goofy nonsense but she delivers it with a lot of confidence and confidence will get you very far in wrestling. Also she's an annoying dork but it works perfectly because she's a heel and not a cool heel.

I think she's great. The Womens World title is already more interesting with her on top. Willow dethroning her at All In London please!

For me, she’s someone who screams ‘potential top star’, but the emphasis here is on ‘potential’. I feel like they’ve put the title on her far too soon; a potential mistake given that they have a number of strong options to hold the belt. Maybe she’ll grow into the role, we’ll see. But I think they’d have been better off giving her the TBS title for the time being. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

For me, she’s someone who screams ‘potential top star’, but the emphasis here is on ‘potential’. I feel like they’ve put the title on her far too soon; a potential mistake given that they have a number of strong options to hold the belt. Maybe she’ll grow into the role, we’ll see. But I think they’d have been better off giving her the TBS title for the time being. 

Admittedly she hasn't actually done anything but some promos with the belt. I'm all for her getting a crack at it and maybe it'll be a revelation. Besides Willow, who has the TBS belt, and switching her to the Women's World would be a bit of a jumble and in a way showing the TBS is very secondary, I can only really see Toni as the top person for the title, but I'm very much enjoying her having a bit of a break from it at the moment. Statlander is great, but as you pointed out, as a heel maybe they'd have had a stronger run for her. People saying Shafir should get the belt are wrong, she's almost like what Bruce Pritchard would call 'an attraction.' She's great in the Death Riders, but she's not incredibly good on her own, even with the aura she carries. Unless you had just Rousey'ing people and tapping them super quick, but then you risk making everyone look a chump.

Who do you feel are better options at the moment (I'm scarcely watching all the shows so I might have missed someone or something)

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Chili said:

I can only really see Toni as the top person for the title, but I'm very much enjoying her having a bit of a break from it at the moment.

Toni is at a stage now where she's such a star she doesn't really need the title but could be slotted back in at a moments notice. As long as she's being consistently booked in good stuff I don't think she needs to be anywhere near the title for awhile. 

Also worth stating how lucky we are to be living through Timeless Toni Storm, fucking hell she's just the absolute BEST.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I feel like they’ve put the title on her far too soon; a potential mistake 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2a2db26cac6c3a41a0c39966dd1872f8.jpeg

I have little to add to LaGoosh’s assessment except that I really like her tapping on the belt with her big metal finger like she’s doing the annoying influencer “touch test”. Sometimes it’s the little details. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
44 minutes ago, Chili said:

Admittedly she hasn't actually done anything but some promos with the belt. I'm all for her getting a crack at it and maybe it'll be a revelation. Besides Willow, who has the TBS belt, and switching her to the Women's World would be a bit of a jumble and in a way showing the TBS is very secondary, I can only really see Toni as the top person for the title, but I'm very much enjoying her having a bit of a break from it at the moment. Statlander is great, but as you pointed out, as a heel maybe they'd have had a stronger run for her.

I think they have options - I don’t know when she’s returning which may rule her out, but Mercedes is a good one. Then you have Megan Bayne, who has been made to look incredibly dominant throughout her AEW run. Statlander had proven she can be a good heel, and if the path of travel is towards a Willow World Title run, winning it from a heel Stat would make a lot of sense. 

Then there’s Toni Storm…

32 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Toni is at a stage now where she's such a star she doesn't really need the title but could be slotted back in at a moments notice.

I’ve never really subscribed to the idea of someone ‘not needing’ a title - if they’re the hottest star in the company to me it only makes sense for them to hold the World title. I’d have left the belt on Toni Storm myself, instead of switching it to Stat. She undoubtedly elevated it, and the question for me is not whether Storm needs the belt, it’s whether or not the belt meets Storm.

I view Thekla similarly to Athena - potentially excellent in ring, but the weak content of her promos can spoil whatever she’s involved in. 

But hey, I’d love for her to prove me wrong - and if that’s to happen they need to frame her as being as big a deal as Storm ever was pretty quickly. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...