organizedkaos Posted February 25 Posted February 25 (edited) I mean it's been ten weeks they've been interacting (MJF returns at Cardiff dynamite confronts Hangman, I'd argue they've been in each others orbit since then)... Still not "always seemed to be" but I'm certainly feeling it's getting a bit over done (probably cos it's still a bit tell don't show - I get they think Hangman/MJF should be this epic centrepiece of AEW and they keep telling us it should be but I'm not feeling it...) Edited February 25 by organizedkaos Suuns - Up Past The Nursery (Ivan Smagghe Edit) Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 25 Paid Members Posted February 25 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I hate the Megabad name. With the Ancient Greek theme Megan Bayne has going on they should have a team name related to that. Call themselves The Pantheon or something. I feel the same annoyance about Megan Bayne being announced from Thessaloniki but still being called Megan Bayne as I did Kris Statlander being an alien from the Andromeda Galaxy but still being called Kris Statlander. Either commit to the gimmick or don't. You can still be a wrestler who looks like a Greek goddess whilst being from New Haven, CT. Quote
Chili Posted February 25 Posted February 25 1 hour ago, Statto said: I feel the same annoyance about Megan Bayne being announced from Thessaloniki but still being called Megan Bayne as I did Kris Statlander being an alien from the Andromeda Galaxy but still being called Kris Statlander. Either commit to the gimmick or don't. You can still be a wrestler who looks like a Greek goddess whilst being from New Haven, CT. It's the cunts from Parts Unknown who really needed a talking too. Sid Vicious as well, if he wasn't dossing in West Memphis, Arkansas then he was basically a transient. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted February 25 Paid Members Posted February 25 4 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Willow, Harley, Bayne, Queen Aminata, Toni, Mina, Penelope, Hayter, Thekla, Statlander, Skye Blue...pretty much all of them really I know you said pretty much all of them, but a mention has to go to Anna Jay aka the most beautiful woman in wrestling. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted February 25 Paid Members Posted February 25 They've added some MILE HIGH MADNESS... Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 26 Paid Members Posted February 26 (edited) “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Call it whatever you want, but an Anarchy in the Arena match is always going to leave me feeling the exact same way. Mile High Madness was a Match of the Year candidate. I look forward to them now spamming it as a TV concept until I no longer care. Edited February 26 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 26 Paid Members Posted February 26 (edited) I don't typically enjoy Young Bucks matches (I usually skip them these days) but they are the absolute masters of the feel good party match and you'd have to be a very miserable sod indeed not to have had fun with Mile High Madness. I've never seen Isla Dawn wrestle but her height actually makes Megan Bayne look small which I'm not sure is a good thing. Not feeling this Kevin Knight push. And the Trios titles situation is really getting in the way. Need to drop those titles as soon as possible. Swerve always looking like the coolest motherfucker ever is going to make this heel turn a bit of a challenge. The set up to the Revolution match worked for me. Crazy how over Brody King is these days. Fun enough show even if I'm not too fussed about anything going on. The Deathriders/Don Callis Family feud should be this epic war with multiple overlapping storylines reaching boiling point and tons of character drama collating into one big chaotic battle but instead it just feels like a series of friendlies going absolutely nowhere. I despair sometimes, I really do. Edited February 26 by LaGoosh Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 26 Awards Moderator Posted February 26 I loved Mile High Madness. “Feel good party match” is a great way to describe it. Brilliant, chaotic, tremendous fun. Loved it. The card for Revolution has done absolutely nothing for me up to this point, but then they tease Bandido vs Andrade? They can have my money! Yes please! Quote
theringmaster Posted February 26 Posted February 26 On 2/25/2026 at 11:37 AM, LaGoosh said: At the risk of sounding like a misogynistic drooling pervert, the AEW womens roster has an incredible amount of uniquely fit people on it - Willow, Harley, Bayne, Queen Aminata, Toni, Mina, Penelope, Hayter, Thekla, Statlander, Skye Blue...pretty much all of them really. And they're all extremely talented too. AEW are not doing anywhere near enough to promote their womens division as a main selling point of the company as I think it could really take them to the next level. It shouldn't be too difficult to highlight "hey, our womens roster is filled with brilliant wrestlers oh and in case you hadn't noticed they are all INSANELY HOT!" It amuses how AEW are seen as this 'left wing progressive company' yet they treat their womens divsion like it the mid 2000s with most shows only featuring one womens match. Like you said, it's not as if they are short of women! Quote
BrodyGraham Posted February 26 Posted February 26 5 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I've never seen Isla Dawn wrestle but her height actually makes Megan Bayne look small which I'm not sure is a good thing. Are we getting Isla Dawn mixed up with Lena Cross? If so, I think it's less of a problem for Bayne than it is for Penelope Ford who has benefitted loads from the tag team with Bayne. So much so that it would be a waste to see her relegated to a manager role. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 26 Paid Members Posted February 26 1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said: Are we getting Isla Dawn mixed up with Lena Cross? If so, I think it's less of a problem for Bayne than it is for Penelope Ford who has benefitted loads from the tag team with Bayne. So much so that it would be a waste to see her relegated to a manager role. Whoever the new tall person who has aligned with Bayne that's who I mean. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 26 Paid Members Posted February 26 13 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Swerve always looking like the coolest motherfucker ever is going to make this heel turn a bit of a challenge. Nana still doing the dance, too. Although Swerve is obviously brilliant in his own right, I think the Nana dance played a not insignificant part in the act getting reactions that made Swerve a genuine top guy in the company. I was kind of expecting a reluctant Nana to get a kicking off Swerve at some point in the next couple of weeks to cement the heel turn, but it seems he's very much on board with it. Needs to stop the dance though or people will just keep dancing along. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 26 Author Paid Members Posted February 26 I didn’t like that show too much. The wrestling was, as you’d expect, outstanding, but outside of that the story stuff was disappointing. Swerve’s promo was good, but suffered for its placement. Either open the show with it, or close the show with it and open with Mile High Madness. I feel like they could have made it seem far more significant than they did. I know Hangman is feuding with MJF, but it’s so odd that he didn’t even mention it in passing. The MJF/Hangman segment was really badly done. Hangman put his ability to challenge for a title on the line apparently to get a Texas Death match, only for that aspect to stay, even if it’s a one-way DQ match? It made very little sense. You also have the perfect story on a plate - MJF can take away Hangman’s ability to be world champion. There’s scope for some real story depth there, but they don’t seem to be taking that approach. At the moment, I expect Hangman to win, drop the title to Swerve and then we get Swerve/Ospreay at All aim, although I’m hoping they have something less pedestrian planned. Like @LaGoosh, I’m not feeling the Kevin Knight push. As a character, he’s very bland. i also agree about the women’s roster. That could be a huge selling point for AEW, and they could easily gender balance the TV time - not as a box ticking exercise, but because there are so many great female wrestlers in AEW who deserve that prominence. Tony Khan is underestimating the value of doing that. He’s wasting one of the best things they have going for them. Quote
Chili Posted February 27 Posted February 27 How fucking awful are wrestling fans? (on certain apps, not here obvs chaps) They've made Harley Cameron leave social media (though specifically TAKFA Twitter) because of harassment and death threats about "injuring" Penelope Ford. Ford was lucky to just sprain her ankle, but good grief. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 Over that spot? It happens all the bloody time! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.