Infinity Land Posted March 10 Posted March 10 13 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Credit to Reddit. Even though there is currently no ROH archive, if you search ROH, the most recent episode of the weekly show is available. Hopefully an actual archive will be added soon. I'm not sure they will. Ever since ROH was bought fans have speculated retooling HonorClub would give AEW their own "network". It's never been a real talking point until Triller was showing signs of collapse. No Dark, no Rampage. PPVs only on for 90 days in the library. Feels like a temporary measure. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 10 Posted March 10 (edited) Honestly the 90 day thing for PPV's, doesn't really bother me, right now. Can't even remember the last time I re-watched a wrestling show that wasn't from before 1992. Unless I'm missing it, the lack of a cancel subscription option, is pretty weird. There is a delete account option, but no idea if deleting the account will also automatically cancel the subscription. Edit. There also doesn't seem to be any way to change subscriptions. Edited March 10 by The King Of Swing Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted March 10 Paid Members Posted March 10 Currently scheduled for the last Dynamite before Revolution: Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 10 Posted March 10 Could they at least put Hangman and MJF, on opposite sides in a tag match or something. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted March 10 Paid Members Posted March 10 51 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: . PPVs only on for 90 days in the library. Feels like a temporary measure. Apparently that's just confusion in the wording. For the 90 days after the show, only the people on the full-price monthly/annual plan can see it. After 90 days it goes into the archive and can be seen by people on every plan, including the basic (non-PPV) monthly one Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 10 Posted March 10 (edited) Just done another search for ROH and there is about a dozen shows on there now, including Global Wars Mexico. So it looks like stuff is being added. Edit. Account page has now been updated to show subscription and a cancel option. Before it showed as a completed purchase. Edited March 10 by The King Of Swing Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 10 Paid Members Posted March 10 Until they announce Rhodes to the Top, I'm not interested. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 11 Author Paid Members Posted March 11 An against-the-grain opinion here perhaps, but Mark Briscoe is beginning to annoy me as much as Roderick Strong. He’s so one-note, he cuts the same promo each week and seems incapable of a storyline with any real substance. He’s a character that has the potential to be so much more than he is, yet he seems incapable of moving out of the lane he’s found himself in. I’m totally fed up of him. And it’s yet another week where Tony Khan is treating the women’s roster as an afterthought. Blake Monroe recently said in an interview she left AEW because she thought there were more opportunities in WWE, which is quite a depressing truth. AEW has a women’s roster utterly rammed with talent, yet women are still to main event a PPV, and they’re still treated as a ‘division’ as opposed to being members of a roster that could and should have equal billing with the men. Tony Khan doesn’t get called out on this enough, probably because the company is perceived as progressive in other ways. But when a Trump-adjacent promotion is doing better by its female wrestlers than you, you really need to sort yourself the fuck out. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 21 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: An against-the-grain opinion here perhaps, but Mark Briscoe is beginning to annoy me as much as Roderick Strong. He’s so one-note, he cuts the same promo each week and seems incapable of a storyline with any real substance. He’s a character that has the potential to be so much more than he is, yet he seems incapable of moving out of the lane he’s found himself in. I’m totally fed up of him. Do you think he's incapable, or just not being booked with that opportunity? If that's all he's being given to do then he can't really do much more. I'm not sure if it's on him to be honest. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 11 Author Paid Members Posted March 11 23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Do you think he's incapable, or just not being booked with that opportunity? If that's all he's being given to do then he can't really do much more. I'm not sure if it's on him to be honest. He actually did cut a more serious promo last year and did quite well - but he’s not returned to that place. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a quirky character - but they have to evolve to stay fresh. Orange Cassidy and Toni Storm are good examples of this. The evolutions, adaptations and progression have been subtle, but they’re absolutely there; and have allowed things like the Hollywood Ending to exist alongside Storm’s typically filthy promo style. Orange is just very good at taking his character and making it work in a variety of situations. I’d love to see him feud with someone like MJF or Swerve Strickland because I have every faith that he’d make it good - his track record certainly suggests that. Briscoe has a tendency to revert to screaming, shouting and getting carried away - fun at first, but to me it’s become as grating as Strong basing his gimmick around shouting people’s names. My best guess is that he’s stuck in his comfort zone, and possibly got used to playing that character alongside the more serious Jay Briscoe. He’s playing the same character, but without the person who balanced him out, and made the fact he cut the kind of promo he does less of an issue. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 11 Paid Members Posted March 11 I'm not going to stand by and let this go unchecked. Comparing Mark Briscoe, who has more charisma in his right bollock that Roderick Strong could ever dream of, is just insane. Now I didn't see this promo, or his last few, but even if he silently dribbled into the camera for 2 minutes I guarantee it blew all of Roddy's recorded speech out of the water. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 11 Author Paid Members Posted March 11 40 minutes ago, gmoney said: I'm not going to stand by and let this go unchecked. Comparing Mark Briscoe, who has more charisma in his right bollock that Roderick Strong could ever dream of, is just insane. Now I didn't see this promo, or his last few, but even if he silently dribbled into the camera for 2 minutes I guarantee it blew all of Roddy's recorded speech out of the water. You would be right to check me on comparing Briscoe to Roderick Strong - but to be clear, I’m saying he’s starting to annoy me as much as Roderick Strong, not that they’re similar in any other sense. Is Briscoe more charismatic than Strong? Of course, I mean fuck, even the ring bell is. But does he irritate me as much as Strong? Not quite…but almost. Sorry Mark, shake up what you’re doing a bit and I’m sure I’ll feel differently. Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 11 Posted March 11 (edited) TBH I found his serious promo against MJF to sound pretty fake. He's wildly charismatic in the ring but his promos feel a bit one note and it seems a bit like that's because there's only one note he can sing. I mean the conglomeration are presented as very sketch show "here's this weeks variation of the joke/catchphrase" so i guess that's part of the bit. Yes he sounds more believable than Roderick "Side character in late period David Lynch movie" Strong but it's starting to feel Brisco has one good promo and it's just repeated (i guess the same can be said of a lot of wrestlers, it's just more obvious when you're doing it on weekly TV). Edited March 11 by organizedkaos Disco Deviance - You Can Get Off On The Music (Fat Camp Edit) Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 11 Paid Members Posted March 11 Fair enough. I think he's this generation's Jimmy Valiant, and that's perfectly fine and entertaining enough for me. They could do a lot more with him though, if they were so inclined. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 11 Posted March 11 18 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Just done another search for ROH and there is about a dozen shows on there now, including Global Wars Mexico. So it looks like stuff is being added. Update, self quote wanker. They've added an ROH section. Not a, lot there at the moment, basically everything that showed up in a search. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.