Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 12 Author Paid Members Posted March 12 A decent Dynamite with one of the weakest go-home segments I think they’ve ever done. But firstly, I have to address the Orange Cassidy heel turn. What a brave move. His post-match interactions with Roderick Strong were among some of the most upsetting things shown in modern wrestling. I rarely shout abuse at my TV, but I’m hoarse this morning. Why did you do it OC, why?! Fletcher/Bailey felt like the natural conclusion was a rematch at the PPV and I’m really disappointed that we’re not getting that because that was one hell of a match - probably my favourite of the year so far even though the ending was a bit shit. I’ve been very vocal about my dislike of AEW’s many titles, but I have to admit that I’m invested in Bailey taking the belt from Kyle. Willow had been grating on me as of late, but I think it might just be the team with Harley I find annoying, as her interaction with Persephone was really good. It felt like an actual conversation, and I’d like to see Persephone in the company full time as that was a really good match. I’d like to see more women’s wrestling on AEW television in general, though - they have one hell of a female roster. Hechicero continues to be one of the most underrated wrestlers on AEW television for me. He’s so fun to watch and I’d love to see them do more with him. Fair play for trying something different I suppose, but the idea to finish the show with a press conference taking - at first, at least - the wrestlers away from the live crowd was a horrendous one. Because of the format, both men gave dry answers and it didn’t allow for Hangman to cut the kind of impassioned promo he’s so good at. At their best, both Hangman and MJF are characters with depth. But they’ve both become very surface level - particularly MJF - and it’s a real shame. But that has nothing to do with why this segment didn’t work. It’s not something they should repeat. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 (edited) Good show. Great action. Terrible go-home closing angle. Watching that Ronda Rousey/Gina Carano thing the other day, and the way Ronda came across as a million times bigger star than the majority of her WWE run, my main takeaway was that pro-wrestling should do more New Japan/MMA style press conferences. You assume Tony Khan watched and felt the same. Just a shame it didn’t work at all on this show. Stilted, awkward, phoney and small time. Rubbish. A shame. Fletcher and Bailey effortlessly delivering Match of the Year Contenders on weekly TV. Ridiculous. Crazy chemistry between those two. Really funny that something that great was used to build a random Trios Title match at the pay per view. The fucking balls on Swerve Strickland doing a black hoodie balaclava angle this week of all weeks. Joke’s on him. The very reason Brody managed to attack him was because he didn’t hire twenty other lads to create a goofy camouflage mosh pit to allow him to escape! Might actually make sense for a cowardly heel! Revolution was a great looking card that now looks less enticing for the seven new matches they’ve added. Not a great look when you have to plan to watch shows in two halves, they look like such a slog paper. Did anyone watch this using MyAEW? Any issues? Can I finally get rid of Triller? Edited March 12 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 That could've been one of my favourite Dynamites if they hadn't shit the bed at the end. Just left a sour taste. Being able to make me less interested in Hangman/MJF? Quite the achievement. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 12 Posted March 12 (edited) 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Did anyone watch this using MyAEW? Any issues? Can I finally get rid of Triller? Didn’t watch live, but I’ve just signed up for it and there was a little bit of buffering when I connected to my Roku via AirPlay, but it sorted itself out quite quickly. Haven’t tried with Chromecast or on my Smart TV yet, but I’ll give those a try later. If you’re not having any problems with Triller I’d maybe keep that for now until any teething problems get sorted out, but it seems to be pretty fine so far beside some very minor buffering. The PPV archive is a bit sparse right now, only offering the previous Revolution PPVs and the two Dynasty PPVs, but I’d imagine others will get added once they get to the relevant PPV later in the year. The price does convert to £’s when you go to sign up and there are some taxes to pay, but the PPV level tier works out £17.99 p/m Edited March 12 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Didn’t watch live, but I’ve just signed up for it and there was a little bit of buffering when I connected to my Roku via AirPlay, but it sorted itself out quite quickly. Haven’t tried with Chromecast or on my Smart TV yet, but I’ll give those a try later. If you’re not having any problems with Triller I’d maybe keep that for now until any teething problems get sorted out, but it seems to be pretty fine so far beside some very minor buffering. The PPV archive is a bit sparse right now, only offering the previous Revolution PPVs and the two Dynasty PPVs, but I’d imagine others will get added once they get to the relevant PPV later in the year. The price does convert to £’s when you go to sign up and there are some taxes to pay, but the PPV level tier works out £17.99 p/m I’m going in for the year. Fuck it, £90 for all the PPVs when I already pay Triller £8 a month or whatever it is now and the cost of a PPV on top means I’m quids in. im definitely the outlier, I’ve only watched the last 2 segments so far and thought the Presser wasn’t completely awful. I mean yeah, it didn’t work completely, but it’s something we’ve never seen done before, so I’ll give some credit there. Had no interest in another in ring verbal spar between them. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 12 Posted March 12 11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I’m going in for the year. Fuck it, £90 for all the PPVs when I already pay Triller £8 a month or whatever it is now and the cost of a PPV on top means I’m quids in. I’ve only just started watching again after a year or so of having not watched the the TV regularly. If I was 100% certain I’d be in for a year I’d have gone with that, as like you say £90 for all the PPVs is a great deal Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 12 Posted March 12 Is the AEW app readily available on smart tv's, or is it going to be soon? Not particularly tech savvy and can't be arsed with something that I have to watch through a web browser or a roku stick etc, just want an app to download on the tv and watch like Triller? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Is the AEW app readily available on smart tv's, or is it going to be soon? Not particularly tech savvy and can't be arsed with something that I have to watch through a web browser or a roku stick etc, just want an app to download on the tv and watch like Triller? According to the FAQs it'll be on anything that has the below: Android TV OS Version 7.1 or above Apple TV devices - tvOS 17.0 and above FireTV OS 6.0 and above. See here for devices Note: Smart TV web browsers and game consoles are not supported. Also supports Chromecast, Apple Airplay and HDMI TV connection. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 12 Posted March 12 15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: According to the FAQs it'll be on anything that has the below: Android TV OS Version 7.1 or above Apple TV devices - tvOS 17.0 and above FireTV OS 6.0 and above. See here for devices Note: Smart TV web browsers and game consoles are not supported. Also supports Chromecast, Apple Airplay and HDMI TV connection. Cheers, not ideal! I'll probably just continue to dip in and out of Triller if it stays available on there. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 12 Posted March 12 Christ, I don't think I've heard an AEW crowd turn on something so hard as they did that "Press Conference" (which has one of the worst Twitter tribalists taking part). Hangman was totally off his game, too, never heard him sound so flustered or as if he was just fluffing rehearsed lines. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 3 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Is the AEW app readily available on smart tv's, or is it going to be soon? Not particularly tech savvy and can't be arsed with something that I have to watch through a web browser or a roku stick etc, just want an app to download on the tv and watch like Triller? Smart TVs are an absolute con. As soon as your a few years removed they stop supporting the apps. Just get a cheap fire stick Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 12 Posted March 12 The MJF/Hangman feud has been a dud since it started. Easily AEW's coldest main event, outside of maybe the shit portion of Mox's, last reign. Looking forward to a load of over booked bollocks, at Revolution. Overall though, a really good Dynamite. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 12 Posted March 12 (edited) Well that "press conference" was fucking terrible & Hangman wasn't talking with his usual flow at all, absolute mess. Edited March 12 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 I thought that was a good Dynamite, let down by that press conference as you've all already mentioned. I did think that video package they did of MJF/Page was excellent but in usual AEW style, they've not posted it on any social media that I can see (I'm assuming due to the music licensing rights). If anyone does find it, please share it in the Revolution post. Although I did find Hangman's response to the question about who he is if he doesn't win the title interesting. He's clearly flustered, almost angry and it does feel like they're hinting back to his more unstable side. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted March 12 Posted March 12 I'm fairly sure the crowd were chanting "boring" at a point during the press conference which I don't think I've ever heard at an AEW show. Good show apart from that, Speedball Vs Fletcher was fantastic and at the rate Persephone is progressing she'll be a top star before too long. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.