Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 15 Paid Members Posted March 15 On 3/14/2026 at 8:30 PM, RMC420 said: I have just worked out that if I pause the show and then hold down the remote I can scroll back and forward on the timeline and the picture jumps to where I want it. So long as I keep pressure down on the remote with my thumb. If I don't keep the button held down and scroll, rather I just rub my thumb in the direction I want (forward or back), the timeline icon moves, but the picture doesn't shift, it just keeps playing from where I paused it. That's not how any of my other apps work, but at least there's a way to skip on Apple TV. Have you tried using you iPhone remote? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 I'm a few weeks behind so don't want to scroll through this thread for fear of spoilers, so apologies if this has already been mentioned; Does anyone know what the deal is with MyAEW and Roku? I signed up on day one and cancelled my Triller subscription as the press release said it was available on Roku, but as of this morning I can't find it. I know it's only a tenner but it's poor form if I've spunked money up the wall based on incorrect information they've given us. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 23 hours ago, RedTwoster said: Andrade’s ‘women really like me’ gimmick has gotten old, fast. They had an opportunity to position him as a main event wrestler when he rejoined, and at first that seemed to be working. This being the main thing about him really defines him down. It's the Roderick Strong shouting people's names thing again; they found something that worked, and within a couple of weeks narrowed it down to the single most obvious element of it. Andrade being so cocky and confident that he would start flirting with women at ringside mid-match, or respond to a crowd chanting at him to take his trousers off, made him look like a proper star, but "takes selfies with plants in the front row" is a midcard gimmick. It's Val Venis when he should be Rick Rude. Quote
The Curious Orange Posted March 16 Posted March 16 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: I'm a few weeks behind so don't want to scroll through this thread for fear of spoilers, so apologies if this has already been mentioned; Does anyone know what the deal is with MyAEW and Roku? I signed up on day one and cancelled my Triller subscription as the press release said it was available on Roku, but as of this morning I can't find it. I know it's only a tenner but it's poor form if I've spunked money up the wall based on incorrect information they've given us. The FAQs appear to contradict themselves - one says its still in development for Roku, the other lists it as a compatible device. https://support.myaew.com/hc/en-us/articles/38952957099799-What-are-the-connected-TV-Apps https://support.myaew.com/hc/en-us/articles/38616745486871-What-devices-are-compatible-with-MyAEW Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 16 Posted March 16 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: I'm a few weeks behind so don't want to scroll through this thread for fear of spoilers, so apologies if this has already been mentioned; Does anyone know what the deal is with MyAEW and Roku? I signed up on day one and cancelled my Triller subscription as the press release said it was available on Roku, but as of this morning I can't find it. I know it's only a tenner but it's poor form if I've spunked money up the wall based on incorrect information they've given us. You can stream it to a Roku via AirPlay, but there’s no dedicated app currently. While it streamed fine for me the other day, Revolution seems to be very laggy and jittery when trying to AirPlay it, so I gave up and am just currently watching it on my phone Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 Thanks both. I can't be arsed faffing with AirPlay and the like. I've been getting farly burned out on wrestling lately anyway. So think I'm gonna give AEW a rest until there's a Roku app for MyAEW. Quote
Chili Posted March 18 Posted March 18 So where do people see where this Hangman can't challenge for the belt again story going? Obviously one day they'll go back on that, as they should do if they tell and land a compelling story to make it so. I don't see him being anywhere near the title scene for at least a year or so to be honest. Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 18 Posted March 18 Feud with Okada over the International Championship. Hold it for a while, determined to make it prestigious. Lose it to, I dunno, Moe. Feud with Moxley over the Continental Championship. Wins that. Does Continental Classic. I dunno loses to Moe again. Tag championship run with Kenny. Trios championship run with Bucks. Then some sort of clever twist that alllows him to compete again (probably Osprey challenges him cos Osprey hasn't beaten Hangman). Another world title run. ALL GOLD ALL THE TIME Less facetious, I think there's some mileage to be got out of vaguely lost violent but actually a face Hangman. Some sort of big blood fued, maybe a Swerve revisit. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 18 Posted March 18 Still think it all would have been miles better if Swerve was the champ rather than MJF. Quote
Olly1984 Posted March 18 Posted March 18 And there's always The Owen Hart tournament route for Hangman, maybe not this year but can see him maybe being cost his match by Swerve this year, keeps him busy and then potentially Kenny added to the mix with their history. Then keep him busy till 2027,enters and wins the Owen and faces Will at next years All In for the Heavyweight title. Arcs back to Hangman beating Will last year in the Owen. That's if Will is champ as I reckon he wins the title at All In this year, defends it against Takeshita, Fletcher, Omega, Moxley which leaves just Hangman who he feels he HAS to beat. Sorry for long post but as I started writing, more ideas came to mind. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 18 Paid Members Posted March 18 20 minutes ago, Olly1984 said: And there's always The Owen Hart tournament route for Hangman, maybe not this year but can see him maybe being cost his match by Swerve this year Why would he be in The Owen Hart tournament for a title match when he's said he's never going to compete for the title again? I think there's loads they could keep him busy with before eventually a heel turn going back on his word or a case of him being forced to go back on his word to defeat some big evil unstoppable heel. It's a good story either way and I'm sure they'll do more with it than Cody's disappearance into his own universe. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 18 Author Paid Members Posted March 18 1 hour ago, The King of Old School said: Still think it all would have been miles better if Swerve was the champ rather than MJF. If you keep Hangman face, Swerve becoming an unstoppable, violent heel champion would be the perfect justification for him to go back on his word. Maybe that’s what’ll happen here. Given how people feel about Page right now, he might benefit from going heel himself again, though. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 18 Paid Members Posted March 18 On 3/16/2026 at 11:36 AM, Lorne Malvo said: Thanks both. I can't be arsed faffing with AirPlay and the like. I've been getting farly burned out on wrestling lately anyway. So think I'm gonna give AEW a rest until there's a Roku app for MyAEW. Try searching Kiswe. That’s how I found the app on fire stick Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 18 Paid Members Posted March 18 they made such a point of saying that Hangman is a "man of his word", while never having it officially part of the stipulation or on the match graphic that he wouldn't challenge for the belt again, that the end result can't be anything but him going back on it, it's just a question of how they get there, and if they can get there without making a section of the audience feel like they've gone back on a stipulation - thus far, AEW have pretty consistent on honouring stips. It seems like they want another "Hangman in the wilderness" story of him doubting his purpose, and I wonder how many times they can go back to that well. This is a stipulation that would have made sense at the end of the Swerve Strickland feud, and could have been gotten out of by having other babyfaces rally behind him and convince him to challenge Moxley to end the Death Riders' reign of terror. I hope this doesn't mean that we have a summer of Death Riders 2.0 to look forward to. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 18 Paid Members Posted March 18 I wouldn’t trust him to put together a guest list for Afternoon Tea, but as far as creating a clever, interesting pro-wrestling storyline, there’s still no-one I’d trust more than Hangman Adam Page. I’ve seen people suggest him turning heel and going against his word, or building a scenario where it’s the fans themselves urging him to break the stipulation. All cool ideas, but the genius of Hangman at his best is he’ll probably concoct something even cleverer that no-one has even considered. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.