Paid Members Kamran Posted February 28 Paid Members Posted February 28 Coming up on Collision this week: Quote
AshC Posted February 28 Posted February 28 Is it just me that'd be more likely to watch if they didn't lay all the matches and key segments out beforehand like this? Quote
Chili Posted February 28 Posted February 28 7 hours ago, AshC said: Is it just me that'd be more likely to watch if they didn't lay all the matches and key segments out beforehand like this? With that line-up I'm thankful because I can just not watch it and save time. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 28 Paid Members Posted February 28 (edited) Feels pretty easy to re-book that card into something more interesting, not blow any big matches and bin off the scrubs like Lethal, Trent and Romero: Claudio/Pac vs Archer/Alexander Yuta/Garcia vs ProtoKada Andrade vs Dante Martin Ciampa vs Ishii Sisters of Sin vs Statlander/Rosa Brawling Birds squash Toni Storm vs Zayda Edited February 28 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 1 Author Paid Members Posted March 1 An OK episode of Collision, although the ordering was a bit off once again. I think Ishii is underutilised, but I don’t know why you’d put that match in the main event slot. I’ve said for a while that AEW needs to build up new wrestlers with no links to WWE, and it feels like they’re trying to do that with Kevin Knight, Clark Connors and, to a lesser extent, Mike Bailey. A few people on here were down on Connors’ potential when he debuted, but I really like him. He has a great look, is fun in ring and decent on the mic. I think they’re onto something with him. Knight comes across as smug on the mic, but he’s definitely improving when it comes to talking. I think he’ll come into his own when they realise he’d be a much better heel than babyface. Speedball is quite likeable, but the segment with Protokada really highlighted the ludicrous number of titles in AEW. Talking of Okada, he’s the most entertaining character in men’s wrestling right now. I hope they pit him against MJF for the title, he’s such a twat that he becomes incredibly likeable and I think that dynamic would work in a feud with the World Champion. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 1 Paid Members Posted March 1 Ok Collision, nothing more. Mox on comms is always funny to me, his dead serious hard man character seems to miss so many chances to say stuff thats going to help an angle that I assume its meant to be a joke. Speaking of Mox. If the entire thing that differentiates the Continental Title from the rest of the interchangeable belts is the time limit thing, having a defence with no time limit feels more like its so he can have a HHH style epic. Ishii, has he ever won a singles match in AEW? What an odd choice for main event. Thunder Rosa, always thought she was a bit shit and she did nothing to show me otherwise in the tag match. For an OK show Im rather down on a lot of it. 😆 Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 1 Posted March 1 Andrade's selfie routine is already getting stake. Decent Collision. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 1 Paid Members Posted March 1 Wheeler Yuta getting his hat ripped off, revealing his bald head, running off embarrassed, despite wearing a hoodie he could have easily pulled over his head. Top tier shit. Better than anything on Elimination Chamber. God bless. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 2 Posted March 2 (edited) I haven't watched yet, but I'm guessing Ishii lost? Why do they keep wheeling him out and pretending he's some sort of threat, has he ever won a singles AEW match? Edited March 2 by The King of Old School Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 3 hours ago, The King of Old School said: I haven't watched yet, but I'm guessing Ishii lost? Why do they keep wheeling him out and pretending he's some sort of threat, has he ever won a singles AEW match? If Cagematch is accurate then no, he's only ever won tag matches in AEW. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 On 3/1/2026 at 9:57 PM, Supremo said: Wheeler Yuta getting his hat ripped off, revealing his bald head, running off embarrassed, despite wearing a hoodie he could have easily pulled over his head. Top tier shit. Better than anything on Elimination Chamber. God bless. It was absolute peak pro wrestling. Toni is the best and Yuta is the last true heel in the game. Ishii fits the role that Suzuki and Shibata fill where they have good matches, always lose and AEW expects their audience to revere them because of their histories in Japan. Problem is if you never watched New Japan then basically it's just three old Japanese guys who lose every single match they have while commentary tells you how tough and badass they are. Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 3 Posted March 3 I think Ishii particularly suffers from his match style being more based on undestanding his legend and story. The most I know about him as a high end performer is how people here have described his story and how that fits into a match. On television he hits hard and no sells but that's like 73% of the AEW roster. It's a more subtle style but I don't think he's been given that much space to showcase. Shibata is a pretty dynamic performer, has some great fluid matwork and does come across as someone who should be important (give or take playing second fiddle to Hook who's lost basically all aura he once had). Suzuki is just some weird half meme half badass thing but he's used sparingly so still sort of feels like a meaningful thing. Ishii is a comedy straight man in an improv troupe. Most of the time he's treated as less of a threat than Gates of Agony or similar. He ends up feeling completely out of place in a main event. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 Revolution is 12 days away and only 4 confirmed matches so far, hopefully a few more get confirmed on Dynamite this week... Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 I thought this was relevant since MJF’s quietly been building a solid Title run. Always nice to see wrestlers hold their hands up when they shit the bed. https://nodq.com/news/mjf-admits-that-he-was-the-drizzling-shts-for-three-months-after-adam-cole-broke-his-ankle/ “I’ve been a professional wrestler for 11 years. I’ve been on national television for six of those 11 years, which is already insane, right? And then, if you want to count MLW as being a television product, I’ve actually been a television professional wrestler since I was 19. All those years—flawless. Some of the greatest matches, promos, rivalries, and moments in the history of the sport. I’ll put my hat on that. Three months. Three measly months. I did what I will admit—I had an unfun time after Adam Cole broke his ankle. Wrestling fans had an unfun time after Adam Cole broke his ankle. I was the drizzling sh*ts for three months after Adam Cole broke his ankle because I was dealing with the loss of a friendship. I was dealing with the loss of knowing who I was as a performer on multiple levels. I didn’t know who I was anymore for three months. Three months out of years—years of proving I was the biggest draw. Years of proving I was the biggest star. Years of proving I was the best bell-to-bell. Years of proving I was the best on the microphone. And those three months, people ran with it. And I understand why they did, because I hated those three months. I think about those three months. I wake up in a cold sweat, and I think about those three months.” Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 5 Paid Members Posted March 5 Dynamite over the past few months seems to have settled into a format where it feels less like a weekly episode of wrestling TV and more like a televised house show/mini-PPV. Not a big fan of his character/promos but Kevin Knight is an excellent professional wrestler. Managed to get a flat crowd absolutely buzzing and on the edge of the seats by the end of his title match. Fans were biting on near falls even when the chances of him winning were basically 0. Knight can do all the flashy cool stuff but what makes him work is he is always selling, always struggling. He looks like he's fighting hard, pushing through pain rather than doing big spots. He's started doing a body slam where he always struggles to get them up half way through, holds them for a few seconds then slams them down and it's getting big pops. Renee Paquette looked absolutely stunning tonight. As did Marina Shafir posing in red light against a brick wall during the Deathriders promo later. Clark Connors in ring work is good but I'm not sure at all what his gimmick is. Or what the War Dogs are supposed to be all about, really. Gabe Kidd is great at beating people up but his gimmick is so lame. Is Dave Finlay any good? He looks like a bit of a generic boring twat. If they are going forward with a Darby/OC tag team I'd be happy with that. Them two vs Young Bucks, FTR, Cope/Christian, JetSpeed and Brodido would be incredible matches. I liked that they went with an impromptu main event to freshen things up. The loss would have meant more if Hangman and JetSpeed had shown any actual interest in the titles at any point and weren't all off chasing singles titles. Giving the Trios belts to two current singles champions is just going to just carry on the Trios titles being meaningless and barely defended. Really they should have had Archer, Davis and Alexander as the trios team to win the belts. They would be a fun under card act to use on Collision and it would have meant that every full time member of the DCF would have a title belt except Takeshita which could be used as a story point in the inevitable (if they ever get round to it, I suppose) Takeshita/DCF split. I loved the spot where Fletcher caught Knight, yanked him up to the top rope then chucked him into the guard rail. Kyle Fletcher will never be a top star until he gets new entrance music and drops that silly Protostar nickname and "Say my full name" catchphrase. I've got a good feeling about Brody/Swerve. I feel like they're going to do some diabolical shit at Revolution. FTR's feud with the Bucks has been pretty decent but why they are starting a side story with Tommaso Ciampa at the same time is baffling. Needless distraction. That weird Hook segment last week with Anthony Bowens not being followed up at all this week is classic AEW. So many production things annoyed me this week (as they do every week) but it's getting silly now all the weird dead air, transitions and bad camera shots. I see that Rush is back on Collision which is great. But he's brought Dralistico back with him which is bad. They really need to give that psycho something better to do. Namely bin off Dralistico and put him with Beast Mortos full time. The Beast and The Bull. Just like that you've got another brilliant tag team for the ranks. It really can be that easy sometimes. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.