Paid Members Kamran Posted February 15 Paid Members Posted February 15 (edited) COUNTDOWN TO AEW REVOLUTION 2026 BUY IT Amazon Prime / DAZN / MyAEW / PPV.com / Triller / YouTube MATCHES AEW World Championship - Texas Death Match: MJF (c) vs. "Hangman" Adam Page (If Adam Page loses, he will never be able to challenge for the AEW World Championship again) AEW Women's World Championship - Two out of three falls Match: Thekla (c) vs. Kris Statlander AEW Continental Championship - No Time Limit: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita AEW World Tag Team Championship: FTR (c) vs. The Young Bucks Andrade El Ídolo vs. Bandido Swerve Strickland vs. Brody King "Timeless" Toni Storm vs. Marina Shafir (Everyone is banned from ringside) AEW World Trios Championship: Kazuchika Okada, Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis (c) vs. Místico and JetSpeed AEW Women's World Tag Team Championship: The Babes of Wrath (c) vs. Megan Bayne and Lena Kross Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy and Roderick Strong vs. The Dogs (David Finlay, Clark Connors and Gabe Kidd) Zero Hour AEW National Championship: Blackjack Battle Royal AEW TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs. Lena Kross Boom & Doom ("Big Boom!" A.J. and Q. T. Marshall) vs. The Infantry (Capt. Shawn Dean and Carlie Bravo) POSTERS Edited March 15 by Kamran Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 15 Posted February 15 I never thought I'd see the day Hangman was getting a title shot and I just didn't care but here we are. Quote
Chili Posted February 15 Posted February 15 49 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I never thought I'd see the day Hangman was getting a title shot and I just didn't care but here we are. Same, but more because I don't see a single chance of him winning so I see no point in the match taking place. They can do all the interesting build they want, but it's just not happening especially since he's recently coming off a title reign. Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 15 Posted February 15 I wouldn't have been massively interested in Hangman v. MJF for the title anyway. This and FTR/Bucks for the tag titles feel a little tired. MJF v. Hangman even happened at Revolution in LA last year. It also touches on an annoyance with AEW's booking. You know there's too many titles when titles get sidelined. At the moment the Trios and TBS titles feel like afterthoughts when they could be put to better use. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 15 Paid Members Posted February 15 3 hours ago, Chili said: Same, but more because I don't see a single chance of him winning so I see no point in the match taking place. They can do all the interesting build they want, but it's just not happening especially since he's recently coming off a title reign. That’s exactly how I feel. We’ve seen the match already recently, and it’s hard to buy into the prospect of him winning. I also have serious worries about MJF bringing up the Scurl photo during a promo, which would feel incredibly grubby. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 13 Posted March 13 They could easily drop 2-3 matches off that card and it would run better I feel. TK - less is sometimes more. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 13 Paid Members Posted March 13 I think at this point he's adding matches just to spite people. 13 matches is just insane. And it's not like AEW ever book short matches. Each one is going minimum 13 minutes. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 13 Awards Moderator Posted March 13 You'd hope that a couple of those matches could be fun, quick sprints. Toni is capable of a fantastic 10 minute-ish match, and the Trios one would be fantastic fun if it was just 10 mins or so of non-stop. It would be a decent surprise if one of the Stat/Thekla falls happened really quickly or, less likely, the No Time Limit match actually ended up going 5 mins or something. At least AEW don't spend forever on entrances like WWE. I had a go of Elimination Chamber on Netflix recently, and the entrances for the men's Chamber match genuinely went 20 minutes. I'd rather have too many matches than that. I have bought Revolution. The main matches don't interest me, it was Bandido vs. Andrade that sold me on spending the money. That could be brilliant. And have mercy on me, I want to watch the pre-show for the Battle Royal as well. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 13 Posted March 13 What happened to 7 or 8 match cards for big events? 4 is too few. 13 is too many. It's starting to sound like Goldilocks and the three bears. Quote
westlondonmist Posted March 13 Posted March 13 13 was sort of understandable when you had PPVs every 2 or 3 months but AEW have them pretty much monthly March to December. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 13 Paid Members Posted March 13 (edited) I don't know if anyone listens to the AEW Unrestricted podcast - it's hosted by Aubrey Edwards and Will Washington. Before every PPV they do a preview episode going through each match. Washington is on the creative team and hearing him tell the stories going into each PPV match is really interesting because you can see the story they have been trying to tell and how good, well thought out and logical it sounds on paper but how it's portrayed on TV often doesn't actually quite reflect what they were going for or tell the story quite as well as they intended. Tony Khan used to do it back in the day and it was a fascinating insight into how he views wrestling and his booking philosophy. Anyways, it's a decent listen and it's got me more hyped for the PPV than the weekly TV has. Edited March 13 by LaGoosh Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted March 13 Posted March 13 Have the Boom lot got something on Tony? How does AJ still get pointless matches on these cards, he’s utter shite in the ring Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 14 Paid Members Posted March 14 (edited) “How many matches are you thinking for the pay per view, Big Tone?” ”Yes.” Reports are they’ve sold out the arena. You’ve complete it, mate. Stop, Tony. Stop! *I expect another three to five matches added by the end of tonight’s Collision. Edited March 14 by Supremo Quote
Chili Posted March 14 Posted March 14 They missed a trick not putting Big Boom AJ & QT Turkey Teeth again MxM. Anyway, I'll watch this because I do enjoy the PPV's. But I hope it has something to pull me into watching a weekly episode in full again. I've been drifting away generally since they gave Joe the belt and now that heel stable pretty much doesn't exist and everyone involved is worse off, not on TV or literally even in the company. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.