Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 15 Awards Moderator Posted March 15 I hope that with it being Oscars night and them being in LA, something suitably special is planned for Toni Storm. Just something - clonking Marina with an Academy Award, post-match acceptance speech… it would be fun. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 15 Posted March 15 Really don't care about the main event. Hope they have something big up their sleeves, planned for it. Double duty for Willow, suggests to me that Babes of Wrath, are dropping the tag belts. Fine with me. Hopefully a surprise or two in the battle royal. Mox Vs. Takeshita, is the match I'm most looking forward to. Swerve Vs. Brody, has the potential to be great. Hopefully the start of a series that ends with a bloody gimmick match. Yeah it's the usual AEW PPV bloat and it'll probably take me two sittings to get through. But subbing to MyAEW, has at least made it a little more palatable. No more having to buy PPV's, on top of a monthly subscription for the TV. At least now I have it all in one place. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted March 15 Posted March 15 (edited) Deleted. Edited March 15 by The King Of Swing Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted March 15 Paid Members Posted March 15 So I'd already given Triller my money for this. Got a 4ish hour flight tomorrow, anyone know of a reliable way I can download the video onto my phone tomorrow morning so I can watch on the flight? Ideally without a watermark or filling my phone with viruses. Ta. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted March 15 Author Paid Members Posted March 15 (edited) Zero Hour begins at 11pm in the UK with the main show starting at midnight. Full card here. Edited March 15 by Kamran Quote
Chili Posted March 16 Posted March 16 On 11/14/2025 at 12:31 PM, Chili said: Problem with Rousey is she's thick as mince and if you explained Timeless Toni Storm to her she would be convinced that Storm is literally age appropriate for the gimmick and jobbing to a someone nearly 100 years old would be unrealistic... especially by submission. Well, well, well... Quote
NeverYield Posted March 16 Posted March 16 Only seen a few clips of Hangman Page and MJF & the Storm & Rousey face-off, so I can't comment on the show too much just yet but the sheer amount of security piling around Rousey reminded me so much of WWE 🤣 Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 16 Posted March 16 It's WWE-itis but I can't blame them for bringing in someone as big as Rousey for the attention it may have brought in 2021. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 16 Posted March 16 (edited) 5hrs 36mins. Jesus fucking Christ Tony UPDATE: So turns out the 5:36:00 MyAEW feed includes Zero Hour Edited March 16 by WyattSheepMask Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 16 Posted March 16 Bringing that Sandy Hook denying idiot in is certainly a choice. Isn't her freak show fight with Carano in May? So no match until June at the earliest. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 5 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Bringing that Sandy Hook denying idiot She made, an admittedly late, apology about that. I remember her apology was well received on here too as she showed genuine remorse for her idiocy at that time. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 16 Posted March 16 40 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: She made, an admittedly late, apology about that. I remember her apology was well received on here too as she showed genuine remorse for her idiocy at that time. Fair. Still think she's misguided at best. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted March 16 Posted March 16 (edited) I can do without Rousey personally but that was AEW's best show in ages. The amount of big returns and banger matches did give away the downer ending a bit, but that didn't feel like 5 and a half hours in the watching. Genuinely thought that Takeshita was beating Mox to set up a 3 way with Okada and Fletcher, so the result surprised me. Great match though. Bucks Vs FTR might be my favourite that they've had, although they've been well enough spaced out that that's almost certainly recency bias. Cope and Christian are finally where they should be. Divine Dominion are ace. Hot Amazonian Road Warriors/ Bludgeon Brothers except Sexy Ladies is such a golden idea. It's almost certainly leading to them losing to the Brawling Birds at All In but it shouldn't. Maybe it's the Northern in me but I find the Birds extremely cringe. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I am nowhere near tiring of this iteration of Andrade. He's got everything barring a decent promo, for which he has Don Callis. Brilliant match with Bandido including the world's only organic 21 Plex! I thought 2 trios matches on one main card was going to feel inconsequential but the title match was very much the reason AEW have a trios division. Just fun, fast paced, feel good wrestling between 6 guys who all feel consequential right now. Mark Davis has been a stand out over the last 6 weeks or so. Enjoyed the Tornado as well mostly for Clark Connors who I think is low key a hell of a pick up. If Toni Storm can pull a good match out of Shafir, I have fewer problems with them doing Storm Vs Rousey. Kenny Vs Swerve continues! Ospreay on the revenge trail! What becomes of Hangman Page? There's so many fun places that AEW are heading which makes it somewhat frustrating that I'm not super confident they'll handle them all confidently or that they always seem to set up these clusters of directions only to have a rash of injuries scupper their plans. Actually really enjoyed the main event. It felt tonally distinct in that it had enough MJF-ness to not feel like a retread. Will wait for the next direction for the title before I confer judgement on it. On another note this felt like a really well tailored card for the LA market which I suppose makes sense as PWG is probably as much as a progenitor for AEW as anything else was. Edited March 16 by BrodyGraham Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 16 Posted March 16 It could have been one of their best but it was way way way too long. Absolutely no need for it. Cut a couple of hours off, focus on your best stuff, and you've absolutely got a top tier show there. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 16 Posted March 16 While I had to do this in two sittings, I’d probably say this was the AEW show I most enjoyed for quite some time. Theres still things that annoy me (they did the “Fired Up 1-Count Kickout” spot in THREE separate matches for gods sake) but for the most part there was plenty to enjoy. However, of my main bugbears with AEW PPVs has always been the amount of matches they have. How anyone watches this (or WWE for that matter) live on a regular basis is beyond me. Like I say, I did this in two sittings, and when I got to the end of Andrade v Super Drandido, I thought to myself “At least there’s only the main event to go”, completely forgetting there was a 6 Man Tag Team Match, and one that featured David fucking Finlay, still to go. They seemed to be constantly cutting to reactions in the crowd as well, way more noticeably than usual. The Women’s Tag Team Title Match was short, but why are they putting this on after having had two of them already wrestled a singles match? Have the singles match on the pre-show with the post-match angle and have it continue into Dynamite. In fact you could’ve easily just done two (possibly even 3) matches that were on this show on Dynamite this one coming week. Texas Death Match for me was the Match of the night. Nice & violent (though the syringe spot was fucking stupid) with a result that has intrigue going forward. But on the flip side, 45 minutes! When you’re already getting on for 4 hours into the show! Less is more Tony Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.