Paid Members tiger_rick Posted Tuesday at 09:44 AM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 09:44 AM 11 minutes ago, gmoney said: I've definitely heard US comedians describe him as a creep over the years. Why can't we have anything good? Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted Tuesday at 10:22 AM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 10:22 AM 36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Why can't we have anything good? Literally the thing I thought reading @Chris B post. I know the show had some flaws, that the teens were out of control backstage (well if Dustin is to be believed) but I'd never seen anything too bad about Mr B, but it's sad that more and more before feeling bad about someone I do feel I need to do a quick history search to make sure they weren't potentially a wrong un. Quote
westlondonmist Posted Tuesday at 10:37 AM Posted Tuesday at 10:37 AM 9 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: Dennis "Mr Belding" Haskins's has died. Worked the gimmick until his final day. Respect. They should have given him a cameo in the revival, that way he would have been in every version of Saved by the Bell. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted Tuesday at 11:45 AM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 11:45 AM 10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: Dennis "Mr Belding" Haskins's has died. Worked the gimmick until his final day. Respect. One of the cornerstones of my childhood TV viewing. Might have to have another trot through Mr Millard's retrospective book. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted yesterday at 06:25 PM Members Posted yesterday at 06:25 PM Esther Rantzen aged 86. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cq2dwn5z7n1lt Will be toasting the old girl tonight. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted yesterday at 06:30 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 06:30 PM Dame Esther Rantzen has passed away at the age of 86. Probably best remembered for That's Life, being president of Child line and an advocate for assisted dying towards the end of her life. I remember some awful stuff in That's Life like the "talking dogs" but there was also some proto Watchdog consumer rights stuff on there as well. She did a lot of good in her life. Also entertained a lot of people. The link is to Astro's video about That's Life. Didn't think it appropriate to actually post it in here, ut the link is there. Quote
westlondonmist Posted yesterday at 06:48 PM Posted yesterday at 06:48 PM Yeah she did a lot of good, Childline always the one thst stood out for me. If I had any pernod, ouzo, marmalade or salt in the flat Id have a drink in respect. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted yesterday at 07:16 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 07:16 PM She helped start childline but did fuck all about Saville despite knowing what was going on. Quote
deathrey Posted yesterday at 07:27 PM Posted yesterday at 07:27 PM (edited) Six million children and counting supported by Childline. The legacy she has left is huge and Childine is absolutely an amazing resource for all children, even today the amount of contacts with children have never really wained just how they contact has changed. Silverline and the campaigns for assisted dying are another part of her legacy. RIP Edited yesterday at 07:29 PM by deathrey Quote
Chili Posted yesterday at 08:07 PM Posted yesterday at 08:07 PM That bit of Esther Rantzen getting arrested for obstruction on 'That's Life' is really funny because she's so sardonic in that slightly posh way to it all happening. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted 23 hours ago Paid Members Posted 23 hours ago A few years back I was an expert speaker on You and Yours and was asked to join a Zoom call 15 mins before going on air. I joined and was greeted by Esther Rantzen who was already in the call. We chatted for about ten minutes and she was lovely. She was of that age when you had to be really bloody good to make it on TV, and she was really bloody good. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted 8 hours ago Paid Members Posted 8 hours ago 15 hours ago, Scratch said: She was of that age when you had to be really bloody good to make it on TV, and she was really bloody good. Or as her rivals at the time would claim, she was shagging someone important! RIP Esther. An excellent broadcaster with an incredible legacy. Whoever you were shagging! Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Venom frontman Conrad "Cronos" Lant, age 63. Second Geordie that had a big influence on his chosen art form to pass this week, what a shite time it is. Venom definitely aren't everyone's cup of tea but were instrumental in the development of extreme metal. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted 4 hours ago Paid Members Posted 4 hours ago 21 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said: Venom frontman Conrad "Cronos" Lant, age 63. Second Geordie that had a big influence on his chosen art form to pass this week, what a shite time it is. Venom definitely aren't everyone's cup of tea but were instrumental in the development of extreme metal. That sucks. The Mountain Goats recently released a rather beautiful song about Venom, so they were top of mind for me. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted 4 hours ago Moderators Posted 4 hours ago I've only ever really listened to Black Metal because at the time when I was young it was the only one of their albums I could find. I listened to it loads. Will have to have a bit of a dive into the rest of their back catalogue! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.