People you inexplicably like

SuperBacon

8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Strong rumours lately that he's left Scientology but both sides have chosen to keep it quiet because of the amount of stuff they have on each other. Rumours I choose to believe because that's how much I've watched Mission: Impossible.

Can we pretend he’s taken Elizabeth Moss with him? They can keep Travolta.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I have a lot of time for Stephen Mulhern. He's got that early evening light entertainment TV presenter schtick down to a tee and he's completely self aware of it. He hams it up and plays up to with a wink and a nod which you can tell when watching In For A Penny.

If we had the opposite of this thread, Stephen Mulhern would be on my list. Can't believe he's still around after all these years. He was a smug faced magician that took over the dying days of SMTV Live where the ratings were so low he was there to just show clips of the Ant and Dec years. Not a fan.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

If we had the opposite of this thread, Stephen Mulhern would be on my list. Can't believe he's still around after all these years. He was a smug faced magician that took over the dying days of SMTV Live where the ratings were so low he was there to just show clips of the Ant and Dec years. Not a fan.

I can get on board with this. He’s definitely murdered someone. 

On 12/23/2023 at 10:23 AM, FelatioLips said:

Yeah he’s on the twat list for sure. Not many have done so much with so little. Seems like the sort who’d act the billy big bollocks even if he’d never made it and was still a red coat or something.

One for the thread would be Sam Ryder. For a singing TikTokker he should absolutely not be so likeable and nice. For someone who is always overwhelmingly positive I shouldn’t personally find him so likeable but he is. 

This might be really pushing it, but James May. The third wheel of Clarkson era Top Gear. His spin off shows about toys and stuff, or where he went near the edge of space. Away from the other two and unlike them, he comes across as educated but with an aloof silly charm that doesn't make him unlikable. He also looks like a tatty sheep dog that probably smokes a pipe.

• Paid Members

The stuff he does on Amazon Prime is good, and there's a series he did on BBC4 called The Reassembler which is ostensibly just him tinkering in his shed, but it's fascinating.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Stacey Solomon. I’ve always found her very endearing ever since her X-Factor days. The husband seems like a decent sort too. 

Me too. Almost everything she's involved with TV-wise is something I hate. Some of the worst panel shows, annoying adverts, the singing shows, those budget reality shows where they reorganise someone's cupboards and that passes for entertainment. I hate all of it and yet I cannot stay mad at her.  She can also be more dryly amusing and witty than my initial prejudices had led me to believe. The first time she made a genuinely funny quip and got a smile out of me I was defeated. 

Edited by JLM

1 hour ago, Chili said:

This might be really pushing it, but James May. The third wheel of Clarkson era Top Gear. His spin off shows about toys and stuff, or where he went near the edge of space. Away from the other two and unlike them, he comes across as educated but with an aloof silly charm that doesn't make him unlikable. He also looks like a tatty sheep dog that probably smokes a pipe.

I've always enjoyed his work but there have been moments on his travel shows on Amazon that I've literally sat in tears laughing and that rarely happens to me. There's just something really funny in an utterly silly way about him but without the meanness of Clarkson.