People you inexplicably like

SuperBacon

Never been a fan of him before, but watching 'Saving Lives At Sea in World War II' I've gone a complete 360 on Dermot O'Leary. 

Really interested in the stories being told and telling a brilliant story about what was going on surrounding the RNLI involvement in the war. Top top TV

Can’t really justify this one, but Richard Madeley (and Judy Finnegan too, for that matter).

I think it stems from watching Richard & Judy on Channel 4 when I was younger. It was easy viewing and, to an extent, comfort viewing - familiar faces for. When I was a very young child, and my mum would watch this morning.

He’s clearly a Tory, and excruciating on a number of levels, but I can’t help but feel a certain fondness for the guy. 

17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Can’t really justify this one, but Richard Madeley (and Judy Finnegan too, for that matter).

I think it stems from watching Richard & Judy on Channel 4 when I was younger. It was easy viewing and, to an extent, comfort viewing - familiar faces for. When I was a very young child, and my mum would watch this morning.

He’s clearly a Tory, and excruciating on a number of levels, but I can’t help but feel a certain fondness for the guy. 

He was actually very vocal about his support for Tony Blair and New Labour (as it was then).... And I kind of know what you mean, both he and Judy have that comfort quality. Though I imagine he insufferable to be married to.

• Paid Members

Can't stick Madeley myself, but it's a good shout. Reminds me that I'm always fond of a certain kind of British sports reporter, the kind that inspired the original Alan Partridge. Not that competent or knowledgeable, almost certainly have right wing views off camera and are prone to on air gaffes, but they're go just enough of a broadcasters sensibility to coast by. No one encapsulates this more than Jim Rosenthal. 

8 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Can't stick Madeley myself, but it's a good shout. Reminds me that I'm always fond of a certain kind of British sports reporter, the kind that inspired the original Alan Partridge. Not that competent or knowledgeable, almost certainly have right wing views off camera and are prone to on air gaffes, but they're go just enough of a broadcasters sensibility to coast by. No one encapsulates this more than Jim Rosenthal. 

I reckon Nick Owen fits this as well, despite me having zero evidence of it.

I don't think it's as bad as 'Boris' the image crafted on HIGNFY etc as some smokescreen, but I think Madeley is considered so harmless and occasionally such fifth gear Partridge on occasion he veers into likeable out of amusement. He absolutely believes that Ali G bit he did was some 4D chess on his part and that makes it far funnier to me. Plus Shakin' Stevens tried to take him on the telly.

• Paid Members

For me, it's probably Marco Pierre White. A Tory and a temperamental dickhead, but I can't help but like how he comes across - he's intense, but also mixes in humour when you don't expect it, leaving you wondering if he's actually joking or serious about something ridiculous.