People you inexplicably like

SuperBacon

A thread for those random people who you just like, and think would be good company.

For me, Antony Costa. He just seems like a nice lad. I have no real love for Blue or their music (obviously they have some great tunes) but I've seen him on Celebrity Antiques Road Trip and Pointless in the last couple of days, and I bet he's lovely, and always think this when I see him, and I suppose this is quite inexplicable.

SPOILER: His purchases on the Antiques Road Trip didn't do too well and he seemed really gutted and it genuinely upset me a bit.

Here, have a photo of him.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

Ben Affleck. Rarely does good films, pisses around with Batman shit, always miserable despite who he's having it off with and occasionally problematic. I just like him though and I'm always happy when he does something that's actually good.

Jesse Ventura? I don't politically align with him and he's been anti union despite wanting to start one in wrestling but he's legit my favorite politician. Totally flawed as a human but there's just something really magnetic about him, love him.

Plus, I'm pretty sure he's part of what Dr Amp in The Return is based on, along with Alex Jones etc.

(I probably got the idea of the thread a bit wrong here..)

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Matthew Lillard would possibly be my pick for this. Absolutely no idea why I like him, but if he's in a film, I'll often check it out. Without A Paddle is still brilliant Sunday afternoon hangover viewing that you can watch with the kids. 13 Ghosts as well, just not to watch with the kids.

Seems like a good egg too.

EDIT: Speaking of Without a Paddle, throw in Dax Shepherd too, another one that seems like a good egg.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Matthew Lillard would possibly be my pick for this. Absolutely no idea why I like him, but if he's in a film, I'll often check it out. Without A Paddle is still brilliant Sunday afternoon hangover viewing that you can watch with the kids. 13 Ghosts as well, just not to watch with the kids.

You should watch series 2 of Bosch. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Daytime TV quiz host Rick Edwards. Seems dead sound and like he'd be fun company. Probably turn out to be a sex pest now. 

Married to Emer Kenny so he'd better behave.

I KNOW he's  a prick and holds horrible views and his music hasn't been the best for a few years now but i can't not like Morrissey.  I know I shouldn't and understand why most people have turned their backs on him, but i can't help myself from liking him with a tiny little bit of me always thinking he's just having a laugh and working everyone for some weird reason. Like he needs the character of Morrissey to be an outsider even if the only way he can do that is by being a complete arsehole. The Smiths are still amazing and his first four or five solo albums are brilliant, i own the rest of them but never listen to them but i'll continue to buy his releases (if anyone signs him) because it's Mozza.  

it's probably too late for him to come out and go "Gotcha!" but i still hope he will,

1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

Daytime TV quiz host Rick Edwards. Seems dead sound and like he'd be fun company. Probably turn out to be a sex pest now. 

I once tweeted how Impossible is the best quiz show I’ve seen for inclusivity and representation for the disabled community and he liked my tweet so that makes us mates now. 

33 minutes ago, Chili said:

Matt Le Blanc. I've not seen a full episode of Friends, nothing of his Top Gear stint, or practically any of his work. Just a scattering of interview appearances and I just really find him pleasant and a delightful fella, with a proper lovely smile.

Those Irish Uncle memes at the time of the reunion slated me, they were so accurate. 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I'm going to get slammed for this but, despite certain shit, Noel Edmonds.

I turned 50 recently so he was on Swap Shop, the BBC Saturday evening slot then Deal or No Deal. Been part of my TV watching life.

On 12/21/2023 at 10:10 AM, Harry Wiseau said:

it's probably too late for him to come out and go "Gotcha!" but i still hope he will,

• Paid Members
On 12/21/2023 at 9:43 AM, Dead Mike said:

He does a very enjoyable science podcast called Eureka if you enjoy his work. He seems pretty sound.